Nami fell off?

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

12-19-2012

lolking says she's still one of the most popular supports.

/thread

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead1183 View Post
On paper nami sounded like a great champ. However her Q and ult move too slow to be consistantly useful. I had high hopes for her, but I was let down after the release.
I've had no trouble as long as my team wasn't embarrassingly bad.

But then I dont toss my Q around like its some targeted stuncandy. If you want that play a different support.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
lolking says she's still one of the most popular supports.

/thread
lolking says heart of gold is currently the most popular item

<thread>

Maiidz

12-19-2012

I only have 11 games into ranked but I main support and she's quite good IMO.
You just need to know how to lead her Q.
Land one and you can catch someone easily for a kill.
I have an 80% win rate with her so far.

Failedwin

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiidz View Post
I only have 11 games into ranked but I main support and she's quite good IMO.
You just need to know how to lead her Q.
This. Like any skillshot, you have to get used to missile speed, and lead it. Nami's own ult, and E can make it even easier.

Two minor QoL changes that I could get behind is a larger max toss range for her Q (range feels too short, making it a bit too risky to use without the targets being CC'd before using the Q too often), and doing away with the ult's noticably longer cast delay, or increasing its speed (having the delay, and slow moving ulti at the same time is one hoop too many to jump through given its level of strength in my opinion)

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failedwin View Post
This. Like any skillshot, you have to get used to missile speed, and lead it. Nami's own ult, and E can make it even easier.

Two minor QoL changes that I could get behind is a larger max toss range for her Q (range feels too short, making it a bit too risky to use without the targets being CC'd before using the Q too often), and doing away with the ult's noticably longer cast delay, or increasing its speed (having the delay, and slow moving ulti at the same time is one hoop too many to jump through given its level of strength in my opinion)
no need for increased speed. All you need is a carry, especially a melee carry.

I've noticed fiora + nami's Q is stupid good. Fiora engages, run and she will **** you, stay and nami AND fiora will **** you. Use your escape or gtfo

Edit: btw if you have E then Q will hit even if they run. All you gotta do is aim at fiora. It's a bit harder for ranged adc's but there's a method for that too.

RhiffRhaff

12-19-2012

My bf plays her just fine and he tends to always play her when he is support, and he tends not to shup up about how good he is as her xD We had a nice 10 game streak of no losses as Nami, but then we did it with a random and lost

Silver Grimalkin

12-19-2012

The only issues i've found with Nami are sometimes the carry doesn't realize I buffed him with my E, and that my ult speed is low.

I also find the three auto attack cap kind of silly, since it majority reduces in usefulness in late game.

stevebrulerules

12-19-2012

I've lost one game with Nami. Yes, yes, "Pics or it didn't happen." I'm not going to go get them, match history has passed by them anyways. I play with my friend bot lane, he goes Vayne. With our teamwork and communication we shine and show each others' potential. I think she's great.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Grimalkin View Post
The only issues i've found with Nami are sometimes the carry doesn't realize I buffed him with my E, and that my ult speed is low.

I also find the three auto attack cap kind of silly, since it majority reduces in usefulness in late game.
It would be broken if it didn't have any limits. Its like any champ could suddenly have a frozen mallet at any given time. The magic damage isn't the point later on. You could literally end up slowing someone while 3000 units away if the target is fast enough.

12345612 ... 14