Opening the Legacy Skin Vault

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IcyFail

12-19-2012

Had some hope they would hav silent night sona on sale, but its limited :<

Anyway great sale riot

Elephantmanbones

12-19-2012

anyone else slightly disappointed at this sale? i mean yes they are bringing back some awesome legendary skins, and some of my favorites that i wasn't able to get, but most are just the so-so skins, that they removed because they were just similar recolors

ChildsPlay

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephantmanbones View Post
anyone else slightly disappointed at this sale? i mean yes they are bringing back some awesome legendary skins, and some of my favorites that i wasn't able to get, but most are just the so-so skins, that they removed because they were just similar recolors
No.

Pry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

If Kitty Cat Kat was in this I would've been excited. Even Red Card Kat...

no such luck

Zhurga

12-19-2012

I'm a poor college student Riot, why are you doing this to me. Mercy.

Butseriouslyomgyes

Dondo

12-19-2012

...Riot Games wouldn't it be easier to do it now so people can buy it and also gift it?

Covaxe

12-19-2012

Are there going to be no champion sales until this ends?

Maddigan

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Because many players bought legendary skins with the expectation that they would never go on sale, we have automatically refunded the difference between the full price and the sale price (910 RP) for all previous purchasers of those 5 skins.
I was looking forward to someday getting a chance to purchase some legacy skins I've always coveted. However, Hipplaus, you continue to surprise me with your willingness to devalue the "investments" of Riot's core customer base. First it was rental ward skins, then free ward skins which everyone can have (i.e. you destroyed your market there)... and now flooding the market and decreasing the rarity of all legacy and (yes, all) legendary skins.

First legacy: 42 of them? All at once?? Instead of throwing the vault door wide open, why not just give a peek, and release them occasionally, by surprise, a few at a time? Take a lesson from De Beers and maintain scarcity. We would be coming back week after week in expectation, hoping that the legacy skin we really wanted was finally available again. You wouldn't even have to put them on sale. And there'd be time to build up IP to buy the champs we wanted those rare skins for. As it is I've just blown a stack of RP on Snowdown skins, and don't have the budget to purchase another chunk.

And legendary... if you refund half of the purchase price to those of us who have bought them, then presumably you expect to at least double the number of people who own them (otherwise you lose money with that decision). As a result, they're no longer novel, and I no longer see the reason to buy any legendary skins, ever.

I guess I'll just spend the refund on 2 or 3 of the legacy skins and be done with it.

I'm convinced you were brought in to architect the monetary end game for League of Legends, Hippalus. It's as though you're signaling playership and revenues are down (which I wouldn't imagine), and so Riot wants to squeeze the customer base for all it's worth before the next Blizzard/Zynga/PopCap comes along.

Tzetch

12-19-2012

is anyone else other than me kind of irked at being told the skins are going away forever, when they truly arent? Kind of ruins collectors value...

Maybe they can release something to go along with skins if you buy them when they first come out, like first edition/collector skins?

xDialtone

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzetch View Post
is anyone else other than me kind of irked at being told the skins are going away forever, when they truly arent? Kind of ruins collectors value...

Maybe they can release something to go along with skins if you buy them when they first come out, like first edition/collector skins?
They said the skins would be going to a 'vault', and a vault can be opened after it is closed :<