Clarification needed: What to do better in the future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NynaeveaM

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigelina View Post
As an analogy, using "Jew" to describe someone who stole a kill would be using the term as a slur, not as a description of someone's religious views.
The difference here: it's targeted at a person.

If riot's policy would REALLY be about 0 tolerance towards words like that, then I strongly doubt they would feature videogamedunkey clips in their world championships, since dunkey uses phrases like "why is Zed dead? cause he's GAY" on a regular basis, which most certainly are perceived as harmless and sarcastic.

facetious

12-19-2012

Game 3:
Jax [00:37:28] dont want to give winning amount of ip to irelia

This shows a lack of cooperating with your teammates / assisting the enemy team / negative attitude.

Your other 4 game reports appear to just be you lacking skill. It's hard to say without seeing game replays, but that's something the Tribunal has always been missing. I'm not sure that your single game report is worthy of a 14-day ban, but it is certainly worthy of something.

Rigelina

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NynaeveaM View Post
Please stop doing assumptions about me, that's not what I said. If you actually read my few posts about it, I actually argued against it, but also I admitted it's something that can be changed. And yet neither me nor the majority of the people commenting agreed that it's THE reason why I should be punished.
I wasn't making assumptions about you. I was describing the behavior you engaged in. You asked for feedback on the forum and I provided some. You then told me I was wrong without bothering to recognize that your case was sufficient for people to hit the punish button. However, if you look at the tribunal forums, you will find that a decent number of people will auto-punish for that exact behavior.

As far as your discussion thread. It doesn't take you or the majority of people commenting in the forums to ban you. It takes the majority of people reviewing your case in the tribunal. For that, it is sufficient. I'm sorry if that doesn't give you feelings of closure, but what else do you want out of this thread? Sympathy from others? You've sent in a support ticket, so you have the attention of some reds.

NynaeveaM

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by facetious View Post
Game 3:
Jax [00:37:28] dont want to give winning amount of ip to irelia

This shows a lack of cooperating with your teammates / assisting the enemy team / negative attitude.

Your other 4 game reports appear to just be you lacking skill. It's hard to say without seeing game replays, but that's something the Tribunal has always been missing. I'm not sure that your single game report is worthy of a 14-day ban, but it is certainly worthy of something.
I want to disagree. Saying that about irelia only shows that in my opinion she played not well enough to have won the game unless the rest of the team was better than her. That's an opinion, not talking down on anyone, most importantly not blaming anyone.

And yea, my wish is that someone justifies the length of the ban. I am honest when I am saying my last 7 day ban was at least 8-10months ago, and I have improved considerably in that time, the very least I deserve is a decay in the punishment. In my own eyes.

NynaeveaM

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigelina View Post
I wasn't making assumptions about you. I was describing the behavior you engaged in. You asked for feedback on the forum and I provided some. You then told me I was wrong without bothering to recognize that your case was sufficient for people to hit the punish button. However, if you look at the tribunal forums, you will find that a decent number of people will auto-punish for that exact behavior.

As far as your discussion thread. It doesn't take you or the majority of people commenting in the forums to ban you. It takes the majority of people reviewing your case in the tribunal. For that, it is sufficient. I'm sorry if that doesn't give you feelings of closure, but what else do you want out of this thread? Sympathy from others? You've sent in a support ticket, so you have the attention of some reds.
I wrote what I want out of this thread at the beginning.

And yes, I wrote a ticket, but I hope you don't blame me for doubting that anything good (for example non-copy paste reply) will come out of it. That's why I keep posting on the forums and try to get as much attention as possible.

Thanks for helping me with that.

AcrobaticApricot

12-19-2012

The "gay" thing, the "dont want irelia to win" thing and the "no brain bot lane" thing are the three areas where you stepped a little outside the boundaries. I still would pardon though.

facetious

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NynaeveaM View Post
I want to disagree. Saying that about irelia only shows that in my opinion she played not well enough to have won the game unless the rest of the team was better than her. That's an opinion, not talking down on anyone, most importantly not blaming anyone.

And yea, my wish is that someone justifies the length of the ban. I am honest when I am saying my last 7 day ban was at least 8-10months ago, and I have improved considerably in that time, the very least I deserve is a decay in the punishment. In my own eyes.
It doesn't just show that. It shows that you have chosen to actively fight against her so that she doesn't get the IP for winning. You don't want to give her the winning IP -- that's pretty clear. This indicates that you will help the enemy team to defeat her.

Kchaosrei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

honestly i dont see why you were reported in these cases.

first case taking someones char happens not a big deal.

Didnt see the gay comment but unless its abusive i tend to ignore it.

the rest i am not sure about.

@Lyte come and put some light on this one.

NynaeveaM

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by facetious View Post
It doesn't just show that. It shows that you have chosen to actively fight against her so that she doesn't get the IP for winning. You don't want to give her the winning IP -- that's pretty clear. This indicates that you will help the enemy team to defeat her.
I agree someone saying the exact same words I did could be someone who wants to lose the game on purpose because he is unhappy.
But someone saying those words could also be someone who simply feels like a team member didn't do as much as the rest of the team, and is unhappy about it.

How do you tell the difference?

Sometimes it feels like a judge or someone reading the case will simply try to create something out of nothing because it's already come so close to punishment.

NynaeveaM

12-19-2012

Bump, can I have some more opinions, please. Thanks in advance.