Is AP Evelynn in line for more nerfs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFantasticFox

12-19-2012

I absolutely hate when people just say to buy pink wards.... I play support quite frequently and when people say that I don't think they understand what that entails. It means that your support (and if he is "properly" countering top as well) have to waste a lot of money to ward with pinks. As a support instead of starting three wards, pot and charm I have to start with pink wards. Or later I have to get more pink wards than normal because there is more than one path into the jungle and this will continue for the entire game.

This means my entire build is delayed compared to my opponent... and god forbid he puts one pink down to deward one of mine. Oh and now the new items for warding are next to useless because I can't even see eve when she uses them. Once again, even more sunken costs and even more delayed build.

Needless to say, the idea that you "just need to get pink wards" entails a lot more than you think, more expensive, more of them, delayed builds. Essentially it sucks hardcore. Basically if you want to play against eve the right way, you start behind and the way she functions now she would still be strong even without stealth.

I don't know to much about Eve (don't play her) and so my opinion isn't terribly important but general impression is she is too strong.

lol I died again

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
She probably does.

I stomped her in lane as Malzahar, she roamed, and goes 24/3.
.. Did you have a bad team?

Themepark

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticFox View Post
I absolutely hate when people just say to buy pink wards.... I play support quite frequently and when people say that I don't think they understand what that entails. It means that your support (and if he is "properly" countering top as well) have to waste a lot of money to ward with pinks. As a support instead of starting three wards, pot and charm I have to start with pink wards. Or later I have to get more pink wards than normal because there is more than one path into the jungle and this will continue for the entire game.

This means my entire build is delayed compared to my opponent... and god forbid he puts one pink down to deward one of mine. Oh and now the new items for warding are next to useless because I can't even see eve when she uses them. Once again, even more sunken costs and even more delayed build.

Needless to say, the idea that you "just need to get pink wards" entails a lot more than you think, more expensive, more of them, delayed builds. Essentially it sucks hardcore. Basically if you want to play against eve the right way, you start behind and the way she functions now she would still be strong even without stealth.

I don't know to much about Eve (don't play her) and so my opinion isn't terribly important but general impression is she is too strong.
Thats a way to stop her from roaming onto your lane... Deciding to use it is on you, the wards are there. Its YOUR job as support, why would you cry about it? Dont support if you aren't going to purchase a 125 gp pink ward dedicated to stop stealthed units...Sounds just like an excuse to me.