Whats the craze with Homeguard boots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xion Moonray

12-19-2012

I dunno about everyone else, but I only enchant my boots once every, like, six games. I just never think about it, or I'm (as usual) too low on gold to get something so frivolous. When I build them it's either A) Captain, when my Tank/Support build is "complete" (none of my tank/support builds go to six items, usually three rarely four), B) When I have six items and nothing better to spend my gold on, or C) When the enemy has ridiculous mobility and FM/Rylais/IBG just isn't cutting it. I've never gotten Homeguard or Distortion, the former is situation and the latter is...Meh. It takes a lot to make me Flash, unlike some people who hair-trigger the damn thing, so added cooldown isn't really needed.

Trylobyte

12-19-2012

As others have said, Homeguard is great because it's cheap, it saves you time when you go back, and it's so much fun when combined with Teleport. Compared to the other marginal bonuses you can get the saving of several seconds and the ability to pop into a fight and rip someone's face off is almost a no-brainer.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by facetious View Post
So when I tank a teamfight and escape with 50 HP, go back to base, then teleport back into the teamfight with 800 MS, this only helps when my team is losing?

Interesting.
Its funny cause most people take ignite over teleport. And regardless of that, if you take teleport for this combo that is all good. But you see, op is saying everyone is taking them, even people without teleport whose outer turrets haven't even been killed yet.
In other words, you missed the point of this thread as well.

HawksGoCAW

12-19-2012

For the people saying it'll save you time, why are you going back without enough gold to buy something?

Koivu

12-19-2012

Because going fast is better than all things.

Shake and Bake.

ßolt

Xion Moonray

12-19-2012

Quote:
We need an updated speed test.

AHeroNamedHawke1

12-19-2012

I was playing Darius on this smurf. Had Homeguard Boots of Mobility, Teleport and Ghost
I flew out of mid lane at the speed of sound, grabbed Cait and dunked her
Need4Speed

SplendidSorrow

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksGoCAW View Post
For the people saying it'll save you time, why are you going back without enough gold to buy something?
Because staying out there with little to no health with a huge "Gank me Please I'm Free Gold" is dumb

Knote

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
His point was they are good when you are losing. But not when you are the one pushing on their base.
Enjoy your upvotes though due to people not using critical thinking
If anything it's more useful when you're winning. You have alot more map to travel to get back to your team in time for a fight or push an advantage, and if you have to back to heal up or buy you're saving alot of time.