Could you nerf the values of flat and % pen slightly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knote

12-19-2012

They did nerf the values of flat and % pen slightly, read the patch notes.

Penetration used to work that way along time ago anyway, and masteries had stronger penetration, wasn't a big deal then.

We don't have any new Mpen options. Haunting Guise was the same thing back then (with some hp/mana regen), now you're just paying extra for a VERY niche passive.

I remember when I used to stack Sorc Boots/Haunting Guise + mastery + mpen runes, then even void staff if there was an MR stacker over AP waaay back when because I used to think it was way more effective. Which it was, against champions, atleast very early in the game.

Mpen masterry is only 8% now, and void staff went from 40%-->35%, Haunting Guise 20 --> 15 mpen. It's not that much better.

Let's do the math. Sorc Boots/HG/Void Staff/Mastery/Mpen red

Pre S3 - 100 MR - 20/20/8.55 = 51.45 / 10% = 46.305 / 40% = 27.78

Post S3 - 100 MR / 8% = 92 / 35% = 59.8 - 20/15//7.83 = 16.97
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre S3 - 200 MR - 20/20/8.55 = 151.45 / 10% = 136.305 / 40% = 81.783

Post S3 - 200 MR / 8% = 184 / 35% = 119.6 - 20/15/7.83 = 76.77

It's slightly stronger at lower MR values, but it should be considering you're stacking as much flat Mpen as you can (besides Mpen quints). But at high MR values it's really not that much better.

I never understood why they changed penetration to flat before % anyway, all it does it hurt the synergy between them. I'm glad they changed it, it doesn't feel terrible using them together anymore.

RexSaur

12-19-2012

I agree.

I think riot went too far, they made armor and mr 20% more expensive WHILE buffing pen.

In the end, that shafted tanks too hard, which is why only the ones that can get away with stacking health are working right now.

RazyUltim8

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knote View Post
Penetration used to work that way along time ago anyway, and masteries had stronger penetration, wasn't a big deal then.

We don't have any new Mpen options. Haunting Guise was the same thing back then (with some hp/mana regen), now you're just paying extra for a VERY niche passive.

I remember when I used to stack Sorc Boots/Haunting Guise + mastery + mpen runes, then even void staff if there was an MR stacker over AP waaay back when because I used to think it was way more effective. Which it was, against champions, atleast very early in the game.

Mpen masterry is only 8% now, and void staff went from 40%-->35%. It's not any better.
its sad that only few people know this.

everyone else is like AMG NEW PEN OP

Knote

12-19-2012

Bump fer mathz