@Morello:You get paid for this?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaironLocke

Senior Member

12-19-2012

Everyone seems to like you a lot. I wanted to say that I believe it to be well deserved adoration. You give what I feel is a more realistic face to Riot. I get the feeling when you talk that you actually play the game, enjoy it and that wanna sincerely make it better. And I wanted to ask...

Has anyone at Riot, like someone in charge, ever given you a well deserved pat on the back for all the effort? Or its all a ruse and you are being paid extra to entertain the rowdy rabble and keep us all in check? lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IlikeTakoyaki

Member

12-19-2012

Indeed this is how Morello looks like


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-19-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaironLocke View Post
Everyone seems to like you a lot. I wanted to say that I believe it to be well deserved adoration. You give what I feel is a more realistic face to Riot. I get the feeling when you talk that you actually play the game, enjoy it and that wanna sincerely make it better. And I wanted to ask...

Has anyone at Riot, like someone in charge, ever given you a well deserved pat on the back for all the effort? Or its all a ruse and you are being paid extra to entertain the rowdy rabble and keep us all in check? lol
lol

This actually isn't in any of my job duties, but it's kind of why I joined Riot - a lot of companies wouldn't "let me off the leash" to talk to fans directly, and it's something I like doing. It helps me better understand things from a non-developer perspective and is just something that my personality tends to favor.

Sometimes I get a "cool post!" or something, but most of the time it's just doing it without even thinking about it. It's why I go to PAX and GDC - I'm just an extreme extrovert


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheSoulPunisher

Senior Member

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
lol

This actually isn't in any of my job duties, but it's kind of why I joined Riot - a lot of companies wouldn't "let me off the leash" to talk to fans directly, and it's something I like doing. It helps me better understand things from a non-developer perspective and is just something that my personality tends to favor.

Sometimes I get a "cool post!" or something, but most of the time it's just doing it without even thinking about it. It's why I go to PAX and GDC - I'm just an extreme extrovert
You're so extrovert that you're open with your evil plans to nerf Irelia!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeIancholy

Member

12-19-2012

I would say 70% of morello posts are genuine

The other 30% is "I dont know" "Soon" etc.

Morello New jungle is terrible. It is punishing and unrewarding.

Why did you "Eve" Rengar and Diana.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaironLocke

Senior Member

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
lol

This actually isn't in any of my job duties, but it's kind of why I joined Riot - a lot of companies wouldn't "let me off the leash" to talk to fans directly, and it's something I like doing. It helps me better understand things from a non-developer perspective and is just something that my personality tends to favor.

Sometimes I get a "cool post!" or something, but most of the time it's just doing it without even thinking about it. It's why I go to PAX and GDC - I'm just an extreme extrovert
Nice guy morello! Also, voice reminds me of Seth Rogen...anyone else?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-19-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeIancholy View Post
I would say 70% of morello posts are genuine

The other 30% is "I dont know" "Soon" etc.

Morello New jungle is terrible. It is punishing and unrewarding.

Why did you "Eve" Rengar and Diana.
The IDK and soon are genuine. I don't do everything at Riot! :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheSoulPunisher

Senior Member

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The IDK and soon are genuine. I don't do everything at Riot! :P
Welp, guess I was wrong.

Morello didn't crack...but I know those plans exist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-19-2012

Hey Morello, what can we expect to hear more about Kassadin's daughter?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IlikeTakoyaki

Member

12-19-2012

Morello is it hard to get a job at riot?