Blind Pick Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaWraith

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshackalak View Post

What is the difference between unbalanced champions and champions that truly shine?
I will have to quote Sauron's most excellent tier list

→Cheesecake Tier: [UNBALANCED]
Kassadin, Kha'Zix, Jayce, Teemo.

→Tier 1: [Champs that shine on dominion]
Evelynn, Lulu, Amumu, Jax, Urgot, Brand, Zyra, Wukong, Darius, Diana, Janna, Poppy, Malphite.

[explanation:]
Cheesecake - These champions have minimal or no counters and overrun almost the entire roster. Permabanned in draft/tournaments and autobanned in most inhouses.

Tier 1 - Either break the game or completely shut out certain roles. Firstpick material and sometimes banned.

Kholdstare13

12-17-2012

What if Riot premade ban lists based on the state of the meta, and rearranged them every patch as things changed in the unlimited mode? This would allow players who want to play with weaker champions their own queue that did not allow the 'top tier' champions, while the other queue would remain unlimited. It also eases champion balance for riot, since a balanced champion on summoner's rift who turns out op on dominion could simply be added to the ban list in dom without needing to nerf them in classic.

SylianEUW

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshackalak View Post
- Always having a champion available:
When you have bans, players have to own a certain number of champions to make sure they will always be able to pick something. In order to make sure that noone will be locked out, a maximum of 5 champions from the free week can be banned.
This could be solved by limiting the numbers of bans. We don't really need more than 2-4 bans per game, to take care of the worst offenders. It's good to have some OP champions open once in a while, to practice against them.

I'd like something like this. It would make blind pick more enjoyable.

Fabs457

12-18-2012

Dominion desperately needs something like this... or at least a rotating ban list each week. Chances of any attention at all towards champion balance is zilch though

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Bans in blind pick? Greatest thing to ever happen to Dom.

Blizzmaster

12-19-2012

I find this to be a pretty interesting idea. Banning the staple "OP" picks on Dominion would definitely get some less played champions back into the mix, but I don't think I'd want more than 4 bans. I still want to see the powerful champions played some, just not all of them on the same team every game. Gets old really fast.

This could honestly be a pretty good idea, and I'd love to hear a Rioter's thoughts on something like this.

Samcro AUS

12-19-2012

i think this is a great idea kass ban every game who would complain?

boomshackalak

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0samcro View Post
i think this is a great idea kass ban every game who would complain?
Kassadin players. But I think that it could be a preferable solution to the majority of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
What if Riot premade ban lists based on the state of the meta, and rearranged them every patch as things changed in the unlimited mode?
Riot making ban lists could be a another way of doing it, but I think it has some weaknesses as opposed to player chosen bans. Riot are not always great at predicting how their patches affect balance, and as such their bans could be different than what people actually want to see banned. ELO also affects champion balance, which would not be taken into consideration with such bans.

I would like to see 6 or more bans, but anything would be an improvement in my opinion. As Blizzmaster mentioned, it would be great to get a Rioter's thoughts on this.

SylianEUW

12-19-2012

I don't think we need 6 bans. Just getting rid of the worst champions would probably be enough. 2 bans per team would be enough, I'd say.

OxBaker

12-21-2012

Bump