3 Years Played, 4000+ Games, 2000+ Elo, And Perma Banned [LONG POST]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Getsuei

12-07-2012

I love the way you presented your argument LgN Demunlul. Unfortnately, I would have hit the punish button due to Game 1 and 4 for the reasons that others pointed out.

Best of luck to you and your friend in the future.

Harry Balsak

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velore View Post
You want the Tribunal adjusted so that its ok to act like a jerk?

Sorry, but that is ridiculous. You friend was enough of a jerk in the first game to warrant a "Punish", which is what the "Strong Majority" voted for. The punishment (unless you are part of the tinfoil hat brigade) was decided by Riot.

Let's not forget they take permabanning seriously. In all the cases I've voted on that turn into Permaban's, they are often held back for a week or two (or more in some cases) whilst Riot is going though the cases.

Riot gets the result from the Tribunal and then looks into the player reported. They look back over the previous cases to see the pattern of behaviour, then they see if you've attempted to reform followed by looking at pre/post game chat etc. At that point they make a call to permaban or time ban. Riot have made it clear many times this is how they handle such cases and I've seen no evidence that Riot does anything less (only tinfoil hat speculation from banned jerks).

Essentially your friend chose to stick to his behaviour regardless of previous warnings/bans. His belief (and yours it seems) was that the "Tribunal" was wrong, but even believing that he would rather "stick it to the man" than realise that losing the jerk attitude might save his account.

Don't blame the Tribunal, all they did was hit "Punish" for a clear case of harrassment. Riot levelled the punishment and deemed him worthy of a permaban. The only person you and your friend have to blame is him.

Now don't go too far, Tribunal is laced with a few problems, being that we still cannot see support given or names any longer of players. I made a thread about how many of the games will just be missing text at all but still have a report, and I don't mean AFK's.

I'm seeing too often that tribunal is not forgiving nor able to put things together.

We need to be able to see names of people again because many times this does have a bearing on the match, for example :

A team of
Grey fox
Grey Rabbit
Grey goose
ryeik
******captain

All enter a game.

If I see 3 reports that game, I've got a pretty good guess where they came from.
Animosity in packs.

Even if it only takes one, Many of these games I read in tribunal are the result of antagonizing with no foreseeable punishment for these other players at fault.

Harate

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Balsak View Post
Now don't go too far, Tribunal is laced with a few problems, being that we still cannot see support given or names any longer of players. I made a thread about how many of the games will just be missing text at all but still have a report, and I don't mean AFK's.

I'm seeing too often that tribunal is not forgiving nor able to put things together.

We need to be able to see names of people again because many times this does have a bearing on the match, for example :

A team of
Grey fox
Grey Rabbit
Grey goose
ryeik
******captain

All enter a game.

If I see 3 reports that game, I've got a pretty good guess where they came from.
Animosity in packs.

Even if it only takes one, Many of these games I read in tribunal are the result of antagonizing with no foreseeable punishment for these other players at fault.
The actions of the instigators or reporters is irrelevant.You're focused on the actions of the reported person.

Velore

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Balsak View Post

A team of
Grey fox
Grey Rabbit
Grey goose
ryeik
******captain

All enter a game.

Animosity in packs.

You don't need to see names when judging on the Tribunal. In fact unless it tells you exactly who reported who then you are only making assumptions. Not to mention the fact that having names could allow bias on cases (pro players might escape punishment in such cases for example). Better to keep things anonymous. In the example of cases with no chat etc. then I will pardon (unless the person falls foul on another case of course) as I'm sure the majority of Tribunal voters do.

However you seem to think that the problem with the Tribunal is that it is dealing with the reported person, when often there are others either provoking or acting worse. But that is your personal hangup and probably an indicator that you aren't the right kind of person to judge cases. The Tribunal has to decide if the reported person broke the Summoners Code... that is it, no more, no less. Riot wants you to vote pardon/punish on that person for their behaviour in those specific cases, not get hung up on others in the game who may or may not also have been reported.

When I go through cases I only have a passing interest in the "report categories" at the top. I note how many reports per case there are and for what "crime" and then read their comments. But I make my own judgement based on the content of the chat.

Sure, there are times you see a pre-made pop up and harass someone and it is blindingly obvious from the chat. You can also tell when said pre-made all reported together. However, if the reported player is guilty of breaking the Summoners Code then I'll hit punish. He may well have been reported by jerks and similarly may have reported the jerks himself but the case is for the reported player and if he broke the Summoners Code then he broke the Summoners Code.

Riot have made it clear that responding to toxic behaviour with toxic behaviour is not acceptable.

NotCanadabis

12-18-2012

The deeply sociopathic aspect of this tribunal system, is it has people reporting and banning each other for zero net benefit, merely to remove rights, freedom of speech and to destroy each others property (skins, runes, all that).

Things like this need to stop, it's just a two bit video game company, and they have made a sociopath factory out of a butthurt button...

There was a report button in Auschwitz, and a tribunal, the tribunal judges brought the people under review to the showers, so they themselves could avoid the tribunal... For awhile, but they were all eventually going to get their turn...

EDIT: Oh yeah, when I posted this I did not agree to the "summoners code", a quasi religious oath I had to agree to or what I am expressing would be "less prominent"

NotCanadabis

12-18-2012

TL: DR; Dota 2, coming soon, basically w3 dota + much better graphics, will brutally repel trashcan casuals by it's very nature.

10thVangola

12-19-2012

LgN Demunlul

I showed everyone in the LgN TS and some reports they agree on and some they dont.

Point is Tribunal is broken bad.

i mean in two 3v3 i got reported by allys 5 times, and enemy twice how can my ally report me 5 times if its a 3v3.

I also started a tread a few days ago. Its about pro player from Team Dignitas "IWillDominate"

which took him 9 bans from tribunal to get permaban which some people only get 3-5 reports from tribunal and get permabanned.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2894086

Tribunal is broken.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thVangola View Post
LgN Demunlul

I showed everyone in the LgN TS and some reports they agree on and some they dont.

Point is Tribunal is broken bad.

i mean in two 3v3 i got reported by allys 5 times, and enemy twice how can my ally report me 5 times if its a 3v3.

I also started a tread a few days ago. Its about pro player from Team Dignitas "IWillDominate"

which took him 9 bans from tribunal to get permaban which some people only get 3-5 reports from tribunal and get permabanned.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2894086

Tribunal is broken.
You really gonna plead your case to someone who isn't posting in their own thread? Stop being a idiot and trying to find a excuse for your behavior. Just because you didn't get 9 chances to misbehave don't mean your behavior should be excused.

10thVangola

12-19-2012

No thats not the point,

you are one of those people who try to be the police and im posting it so he can see and read it.

Many people i showed agreed that some of it is bs. so please stop trying to be a Riot police.

Collo

12-19-2012

Looked at OP. OP thinks he is someone (which might be true, i dunno), tires to ***** it out. Very well formulated, very well argumentated - i believed him.

Then i looked at the reform card.

Woulda punished every single game.
[All] [00:11:42] ur playing zyra and ur terrible
Is a violation of the summoners code. Also one violation is enough to warrant a punish, i did not even look beyond case 1 as this gets progressively worse, and ends in capslock spam how bad his team is.

Just cause he wasn't a dickhole when playing with you doesn't mean he was no dickhole when i was not playing with you. Games played with you should not influence judgement of games played without you. Who you are or might be does in no way influence how your buddy is treated in front of the tribunal.

Him being permabanned means he was warned at least once and banned at least 3 times before that. He did not change.

It doesn't matter how much worse his team behaved, he was still a dick and nothing justifies it. And he was a dick, both to his team as well as the enemy team.

I was also banned once before for a short time, i learned from it and changed my ways - only ever say GJ to team or shut up if they don't do a good job, yell at my screen, whatever - not at my teammates. What your buddy did was destroy the games he was in for others.