Black Cleaver + Lack of Penetration Auras

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I wanted to get a discussion started for the state of Dominion post 1.73.

Is Black Cleaver still problematic? How does the lack of a penetration aura make the map feel? Are there any global improvements we can still do, such as a global 10% CDR aura?
For the love of god, please nerf BFT. It is STILL TOO POWERFUL.

It NEEDS an internal cooldown. Like, 3-5 seconds of it. And it should just plain not work on Teemo shrooms.

ViolentlyCar

12-18-2012

I think armour penetration stacking would be easier to play against if we had better health options. Would Warmog's Armor be too strong on the current Dominion?

Dan Mayhem

12-18-2012

I have noticed that while playing talon I don't melt people by faceplanting on my keyboard...but I also don't explode while looking Pantheon...so it balances out.

As far as global cdr....I think certain champs would benefit too much and not affect enough others to warrent it. Ad casters will still rush cleavers.

OxBaker

12-18-2012

I don't think the CDR aura is necessary. That's easy to get if players want it. BC and especially BFT could get toned down some more.

VoidInsanity

12-18-2012

Only if the CDR Aura becomes active once you have over 100ap. That way only casters that need the cdr get it.

konfetarius

12-18-2012

Yess, try the 10% CDR aura. Just go crazy and try it.

Cleaver, I echo the "put the Warmog back in first" attempt. It's still a bit too much at tank shredding, but I like what it does against bruisers or any people who splash into a single armor item in conjunction with last whisper.

Oh, right, nerf lantern. There is absolutely zero reason for that item to be that cheap. Alternatively, nerf Hextech sweeper in stats/gold cost so you can start the game with 2 unique hueproperties and fantastic stats for cost it as well.

Arance

12-18-2012

1. BC seems doing whats intended for AD Casters, though its probably still a bit too crazy on certain bruiser champions. Overall though I think its in a fairly good place as long as people don't start stacking them again. And I'm a bit surprised that people aren't, still seems pretty viable to me.

2. BFT is still my biggest worry. It's still must-rush on anyone who wants to do AP damage, both on champs who need it to be viable (Vlad), and champs who are probably a bit too crazy even without it (Kass, Amumu), with an extra bonus of being even more necessary on champs with traps or dots (Teemo, Nid, Malz, Teemo again). Your hinted at cost/build adjustments will likely have an impact, but I think it will do little to change its must-buy status and be ineffective at curbing the more OP champs abusing it, although without testing I cannot confidently say so.

3. Having the AR/MR reduction aura gone is hardly noticeable from a player's perspective due to the proliferation of BC/BFT, but I think its a good change in the shifted landscape of Season 3. Does this mean we can get Warmog's, or some other heavy HP item, back now?

4. As much as I love me some CDR, and damn do I love CDR, I worry that an aura of it might prove a small side-bonus for most champs but a too-massive boon for those who really should have to spend the gold/runes/masteries for it.

5. Only global change I'd personally like to see that I can think of right now is halving the duration of traps on the ground. The map is just too condensed, and paths too limited, for so many traps with no max placements to exist so long.

NotBuzzJack

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptomine View Post
5. Only global change I'd personally like to see that I can think of right now is halving the duration of traps on the ground. The map is just too condensed, and paths too limited, for so many traps with no max placements to exist so long.
I second this. It would fix the Teemo issue. Actually this should go on TT too.

bierfaust

12-18-2012

BC is more or less in line now, although the health and damage on it should also be unique.

CDR aura would be a bad idea, AP's already have it easy as it is as most ap items have stupid amounts of CDR and/or SPen/utility. CDR is currently the only thing keeping them in line. because there is supposed to be a trade off. Either you make your spells hit harder with longer CD or you have spammable spells that don't hit hard but add up over time. If I could forsake a CDR item for more AP Id do even more insane damage, especially considering BFT has CDR on it and it is by far the most efficient item in the game. Plus you would have the same situation as you had with BFT on release. The already powerful champions would become godlike while the lesser powerful champions (the ones you're trying to help) would see a minor increase in power but still pale in comparison to the already strong choices.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Something in my brain is telling me that the CDR aura is a very very bad idea, this seems like it could be solved with better itemization. You could try it, but be ready for the backlash.

Cleaver is still an issue. To me, it competes too much with Last Whipser, and really just seems better overall since it helps everyone. The trade off of selfish vs helping just doesn't seem enough to me. What if it increased your flat pen by a percentage?

12345612 ... 15