@Morello, can you explain the design philosophy used for nerfing champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealTalkBroSki

12-18-2012

what about trundle i must know!

Mirror

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanksTanks View Post
I don't play Diana but nerfing the range is a bit crazy. She is ment to start the team fight quickly instead of taking more steps to run into the team fight she needs to have more range to be unseen to run in out of nowhere dealing tons of damage. She is a very good champion but doesn't need the Q range made smaller I highly disagree with it.
The range on her ultimate was nerfed. That's the part that's messed up.

Morello would like to slow the travel speed of Diana's Q, which is fine. The injustice is bumping Diana down from Akali range to Sejuani range. =(

Hero2None

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
The range on her ultimate was nerfed. That's the part that's messed up.

Morello would like to slow the travel speed of Diana's Q, which is fine. The injustice is bumping Diana down from Akali range to Sejuani range. =(
I picked Diana up a few weeks before the nerf. I played A LOT of games with her. Still, struggled like a boss trying to come out on top in mid lane. Now, I won't even pick her. I was happy to come out positive a few games here and there. Past few.. I went like 6/12/18 and 3/15/20 with Diana. This is garbage I know, but true. Then, I gave Katarina a whirl. 16/3/12 and 20/4/16. Wtf? Yep... Diana needed to be nerfed...

Skaarrjj

12-18-2012

"Balance is Weakness"

XxxLumberJackxxX

12-18-2012

Hey morello. It would be awesome to get your opinion on a few underplayed/rarely seen in tournaments champions. Just a brief "hes fine, should be reworked, we are working on it, working as intended" would be cool for the following:

Nasus
Warwick
Poppy
Tryndamere
Jarvan IV
Fiddlesticks
Veigar
Tristana
Sion

I left out a few we know are being worked (karma, heimer)

GigaBreaker88

12-18-2012

So morello, if and when you nerf jax, how hard are you thinking? i agree hes pretty unbalanced right now, but im also worried you might overnerf him, such as taking his E away. im just wondering how you feel he needs to be nerfed.

Suda

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did that happen View Post
man rengar was god mode before the nerf. I agree with that one for sure. I would start long sword with 3 hp pots and pretty much 2 shot 2 people in bot lane every game over and over due to is insane amount of damage he puts outs. Plus if they come into fight me in the bush they are 100% screwed now. I can still do it for the most part he just lots a little bit of power he still just straight up a a beast in the lane. He not that great team fighter tho.
Rengar is still fine how i know is that when I played with my noob friends that play no ranked I was able to matchmake with casuels and faceroll with rengar..

when I do rengar in ranked or yolo que .... yeaaa ..

Captain America

12-18-2012

It's all for sales. Think they'd release a super UP champ so no one buys them? Major UPness is very rare. Extreme OPness is easy to see and usually the case.

Quadradactyl

12-18-2012

honestly I think the diana nerf was fine. She went from being an overpicked rape artist to a balanced playable character. Fix her Q but leave the nerf on her ult. It makes it viable to lane against her now.

Quadradactyl

12-18-2012

I think the Diana nerf was perfect actually. I always seem to play against a Diana and before it was me just cowering under my tower. No I have a decent chance to lane against her.

If there is a problem with her Q that is fine but leave the ULT nerf.

People are complaining because they are used to playing an overpowered champion and now she is balanced a lot more in comparison to others. If you do re-expand er ult distance, then split the difference between before and the nerf and go from there.

Thanks!