So when is this disgusting Jax thing going to end?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

12-17-2012

@OP: It's not going to. I'd make my usual comment about "yadda yadda Riot doesn't care about Dom blah imba champions" but Jax is a problem on SR as well. Maybe he'll get spammed in a tournament and Riot will actually pay attention to him, that seems to be the usual way that something gets nerfed aside from QQ immediately after a release.

@Ranked/Forced Draft

Splitting the queues is a pure derp idea and will just blow up blind pick queue times while draft pick waits to get in a game remain the exact same as everyone dodges whenever someone thinks their captain makes a derp decision, whether or not that's actually true. Our population is already struggling as it is; making the queues less user friendly will just drive off people and make it harder to attract more. Ranked mode is an absolute joke when we can't even get people to play Draft; the same 100 or so people already see each other during matches. There's no reason to waste resources in this theoretical future that Riot as a whole ever remembers we exist or that Nome remembers we exist more than every couple of months just to give them their own queue.

Screwing around with forcing draft on people is a terrible band-aid idea when Riot won't even do the much simpler solution to the core problem: just fix the damn champions. We would have a hell of an easier time attracting people if Riot would give the map any actual designer resources to make fixes. Nome's done a little bit with the last patch but as far as I care that's not even scratching at the pit that's formed while he messed with the new TT or whatever he was doing while Kassadin and any new champion which didn't immediately fall on its face terrorized blind pick.

AK47WOLF

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnBuwberry View Post
Jax is problem in every mode. He dominates SR, and TT just as well. Riot will get around to doing something about him sometime and releave all modes of the late game knows as jax. However, in the meantime mages with slow scepters and malphite and Nasus can act as your cortizone cream until the problem is fixed.
Out of curiosity, how are people so delusional as to say Jax is balanced? Is it because Riot doesn't do anything, or because they simply don't want him nerfed?

konfetarius

12-18-2012

Because it's Jax. A balanced Jax is the most uninspiring and boring thing ever.

Redenbacher

12-18-2012

It's funny, because Jax was really strong, then he was nerfed into uselessness... then reworked, but still useless. Buffed again, insanely powerful. Slightly nerfed, but still pretty powerful. If he's a problem in TT and SR as Buwberry stated, he'll be nerfed into uselessness again.

That being said, Jax is incredibly hindered by AS slows. Malphite, Nasus, Randuin's Omen and Frozen Heart are all powerful options against his damage output. There's the up front burst that's largely magic damage that can be mitigated by a small amount of MR, which is available to most champions. Merc Treads, for example, can mitigate that damage in addition to the stun.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

With the state of so many champions that the architecture of Dominion breaks, it's really funny to see someone so hot under the collar for just one champ. Human nature I guess.

Yes OP, Jax alone is the source of all that is wrong with Dominion once he gets Diana'd all will be right with the world.

AK47WOLF

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
With the state of so many champions that the architecture of Dominion breaks, it's really funny to see someone so hot under the collar for just one champ. Human nature I guess.

Yes OP, Jax alone is the source of all that is wrong with Dominion once he gets Diana'd all will be right with the world.
With 4 consecutive losses as Jax (how does that even work?), I can understand why you'd make a passive-aggressive response to a thread complaining about Jax. Human nature I guess.

A12MO12

12-18-2012

i dont find jax that much of a problem when i face him

Redenbacher

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
With 4 consecutive losses as Jax (how does that even work?), I can understand why you'd make a passive-aggressive response to a thread complaining about Jax. Human nature I guess.
For the record, those matches were two months ago.

BeefJerkyHunter

12-18-2012

I really hate Jax.
That is all.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
For the record, those matches were two months ago.
And check my rune page lol, Haven't played on this account much in months so those matches were in the badlands......where even Jax can't carry. This is my first account and the browser saved the pw for the forums, so I post on it. The OP stalking my post though, kinda 'special'