Ranked / Matching Troll Solution (Final)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesuvias

12-08-2012

Solution:

• Step 1: Allow players to add people to their ignore lists in/out of a game, at the results screen, and in champ select.
  • Step 2: Don't match people with people on their ignore list.
  • Step 3: Try sprinkling garlic salt with freshly popped popcorn. It is awesome.
  • Step 4: (optional) Add a vote (3/5) to dismiss matchmaking queues

I have just spent a lot of time reading all of these posts (while eating popcorn), and it seems that everyone is upset because people do not adhere to their idea of a meta / get upset when people "troll." It seems like the easiest solution to this problem is to let people fix their own problems in a way that would likely solve other problems as well.

The only negative thing that I can think of with my solution is that people who troll often will have longer match making queues because no one can match with them, and people who abuse this system too much will have a longer queue because they abuse the system. (Self correcting systems are awesome)

Ramlock

12-10-2012

Signed
however what will happen when the meta is ok
and there is a troll in your team
like this example here

sona fed so hard that jayce ragequit, and later chogat
should all the players lose the same amount of elo?

Vesuvias

12-11-2012

Thanks for replying!

If a player intentionally feeds in game you can report them after the game and then add them to your ignore list.

Under this system, the following two things would happen when you do that:

1) The troll will likely be temp banned.
2) You will never be on the same team as that troll again.
Bonus: You can go about eating your delicious popcorn

RhynoD

12-17-2012

*You can already add players to your ignore list outside of matchmaking. The only place you can't technically is the champ-select...but you still can by accessing the chat menu like you would at the PVP client home screen and typing their summoner name in.
*My understanding is that PVP already does not match you with ignored players.
*Not a fan of garlic but I'll give it a shot
*???
*I like the vote idea, but I say that with zero understanding for how it would be handled so it wouldn't be abused. Not saying it's impossible, just that I wouldn't know how to do it.

Wasusa

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhynoD View Post
*My understanding is that PVP already does not match you with ignored players.
I also believe this to be correct. It's kind of hard to be on a team with someone when you can't talk to them and the game revolves around teamwork

Uiriamu Busujima

12-18-2012

Unfortunately I have such a low elo between 580-610 because :
1:I have made the mistake of going in with new champs
2: There are teamates who never utter a single word all game
3: Some people don't respect first picks in queue and say since they call that lane that's where they will go and spend 15-20 minutes 2 or 3 people in the same lane while another is alone or 1 squishy champ is alone
4:MASSIVE MASSIVE TROLLS!!! Just the other day someone named char1ie sh3en or something like that was in queue and acted nice and said he will fill and 2 people said that he was a major troll and fed on purpose and they dodged next queue he was there again and he was going adc with trist.....10 secs before the game will load he gets revive and teleport when the game starts he says "enjoy the loss ******s" and goes to mid tower and shoos at it lv1 and dies and did that for the 20 long minutes....
So yes there should be some kind of yah to end these queue when there is already fighting and such to not waste tiem and try out a different queue

Vesuvias

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasusa View Post
I also believe this to be correct. It's kind of hard to be on a team with someone when you can't talk to them and the game revolves around teamwork
If you were not able to be matched with people on your ignore list then you already have the option of: /ignore <username> , from any interface with chat. (Which includes matchmaking)

They should probably add this as something you can click though. After that, they would only need a way to vote-dodge queue.

Beaumains

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesuvias View Post
Solution:
  • Step 1: Allow players to add people to their ignore lists in/out of a game, at the results screen, and in champ select.
  • Step 2: Don't match people with people on their ignore list.
  • Step 3: Try sprinkling garlic salt with freshly popped popcorn. It is awesome.
  • Step 4: (optional) Add a vote (3/5) to dismiss matchmaking queues

I have just spent a lot of time reading all of these posts (while eating popcorn), and it seems that everyone is upset because people do not adhere to their idea of a meta / get upset when people "troll." It seems like the easiest solution to this problem is to let people fix their own problems in a way that would likely solve other problems as well.

The only negative thing that I can think of with my solution is that people who troll often will have longer match making queues because no one can match with them, and people who abuse this system too much will have a longer queue because they abuse the system. (Self correcting systems are awesome)
So basically, screw the creative thinkers (who play things like AD Malz and supp Nunu), and, would you like popcorn with your garlic salt?

Mornyng

02-20-2013

Basically screw the creative thinkers who don't communicate with their teams or build things that blatantly do not work.