Champion Spotlight: Vi, the Piltover Enforcer

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maeyu

12-18-2012

Dear Phreak... I love you.

PinkGhost

12-18-2012

She seems pretty mobile with a strong kit. Nerfs for days

Tenebrae Intus

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Pistols View Post
As for the Taunt on Caitlyn, Is it automatic if there is an opponent Caitlyn or do you have to type /Taunt near a caitlyn to activate it?
Also does anyone know why this taunt was selected on caitlyn? I think it would best be against/with Jayce since both of them wear/equip Mechanics.
The taunt was selected on Caitlyn because both Vi and her are accomplices. Caitlyn has a hard time keeping her in line because of her rough and brash behavior. So she taunts Caitlyn like a "friend" taunts another.

Zairex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Another melee based champion? I feel like we already have enough heavy-damage output, tanky bruisers. Can we see some new ranged carries anytime soon? Since Draven's release, we've had 5 bruisers enter the game. The champions are quickly lacking uniqueness, and the game is fading into what I would call "war of the tanks".

I do not hate Vi or her set, I just want to see a larger variety in the future. Maybe introduce an entirely new role to spice things up?

Merrur

12-18-2012

Any chance she is voiced by Dodger?
the voice and the fake accent are very similar.

Fenix9000

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashiroth View Post
She's not OP, remember darius is still in the game so nothing can really be OP unless they can deal 800 true damage while not being fed.
Darius doesnt have any gap closers, closest thing he's got is a pull.
Riot wanted to make a bruiser all in or go home, and as a result of having no escapes, they give him "overwhelming force"
Admittedely the reset on his ult is a bit much but still, what would they replace his ult with?
many bruisers have 1 escape or ways to disengage from fights,
Basically, they wanted a champ, who if he gets ganked, as a result of having no escapes, should have a chance to be able to 2v1 if the darius is skilled enough

TheNewDemoman

12-18-2012

She reminds me alot of Jarvan IV, tons of dunk potential but weak against sustain. Which isn't bad I love Jarvan. I am so excited for this hero though, I just hoped she doesn't eat the day one ban hammer.

Dunkasta Vi join the club.

Kyurian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix9000 View Post
Darius doesnt have any gap closers, closest thing he's got is a pull.
Riot wanted to make a bruiser all in or go home, and as a result of having no escapes, they give him "overwhelming force"
Admittedely the reset on his ult is a bit much but still, what would they replace his ult with?
many bruisers have 1 escape or ways to disengage from fights,
Basically, they wanted a champ, who if he gets ganked, as a result of having no escapes, should have a chance to be able to 2v1 if the darius is skilled enough
Do you mean something like this? http://youtu.be/lOuWD5sQAeo?t=22m44s

St Omega

12-18-2012

"Hyperion was no match for my secret punch you in the face till you die fighting style!"

Kakuna

12-18-2012

That awkward moment where everyone complains that Vi is too skinny, but Riot makes the splash for her alternate skin anorexic.

Will pass on the skin, but buying Vi for sure.