Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 656 55.45%
No 140 11.83%
Sometimes 387 32.71%
Voters: 1183. You may not vote on this poll

Is Riot a good company?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Longsta

12-17-2012

Read This Forum Riot STILL hasnt even botherd to reply to it after getting so many people wanting a reply

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2890443

KADAMA

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun View Post
Do you enjoy playing this game? If so, how long are you going to play it?
till i get insta-punished banned

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

12-17-2012
9 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtielx View Post
See, that bothers me. I don't agree that Diana was nerfed too hard, she's still hilariously good and most know it but that statement doesn't even really deserve a "probably".
Yes. The most I can say is probably. I don't speak for designers. I am not a designer. I don't know if she was nerfed too hard or not. I can only speak in ifs and probablys.

Digitalon

12-17-2012

I've been playing for a while and I think I can safely say that they have deserved the money I have spent on them.

It's also easy to think about how much money you would spend on a traditional subscription based MMO(50-60 bucks for base game, 10-15 bucks each month after + 30-40 bucks for various content expansions) over just a few months which adds up REALLY fast and then feel really good about only spending a 10 bucks here and there on this game for the content YOU want, its pretty awesome if you think about it.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Snowdown!

Edit: posted below a rioter(Griftrix no less), I can die happy now :P

Brightinly

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Marte View Post
I've heard of pendragon...I've seen posts against him saying how he bans people unfairly and such
He used to post here a lot, Morello used him to tank the rage of GD over some silly situation and ended up not showing anymore.

He is still here, but he is apparently working on something else and barely posts now. It is sad because I would rather have him posting than Morello.

Extreminator

12-17-2012

RP prices are WAY to high..other than that they have the best customer support I have dealt with...nuff said.

Rhiljeryne

12-17-2012

Considering it's f2p, the level of work required to properly balance a roster that keeps expanding, and the speed at which changes occur it's pretty good from a content responsiveness standpoint. Granted I came from a time when bans didn't exist, patches were done once a year, and company-player interaction was limited to a launcher headline.

CrisD

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Yes. The most I can say is probably. I don't speak for designers. I am not a designer. I don't know if she was nerfed too hard or not. I can only speak in ifs and probablys.
When will people understand that he is NOT a designer...he says that in EVERY post xDDDD

The FeiBird

12-17-2012

As the wife of a Rioter, and a huge addict of the game myself, I just had to pitch in.

I'm obviously biased, but if you got to see what I see, then you would know that Riot is an awesome company. They're not some soulless corporation. Not at all. Riot is staffed with nothing but intelligent, passionate people, who are full of conviction and love what they do. They don't just make the game, they play it and love it. I've never seen a company care so much about its people - its employees, their significant others (they spoil us!), and their fans (they spoil us too!).

Honestly, I'm so glad they've made such a great game and feel even luckier to be so closely associated with this company. ^_^

p.s. you should always buy a skin. Proceeds will partially go to cosplaying this little guy:

IS1f58c77b838d09

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
There's one reason why I think Riot is definitely a good company.

Granted, I'm easily Riot's biggest fanboy, so take this with a grain of salt. I've sat in with everyone from the most junior person at the company to the President and watched them make decisions. I've interviewed tons of Rioters about what they do day to day, how they think about problems, and how they've approached some of the toughest challenges we've overcome as a company. I've challenged them about how much value they actually provided players, whether something was a good decision or not. I think I came pretty close to asking them everything a player might ask if they were trying to figure out if Riot is a good company.

One thing stood out throughout that entire process, and it's the reason I love Riot. Every decision, every pixel that gets changed, happens for you guys, the players. In everything we do, we put the player first.

We start almost every presentation at Riot with "We aspire to be the most player-focused company in the world." If someone wants to change something, we ask how it affects the players. If you were a fly in the wall, you'd probably get sick of hearing people ask, "What's best for the player?" We will have crazy heated arguments about what the best outcome of a situation would be for players all day, every day, and I like to think that results in the best outcome more often than it doesn't. It's ingrained in our DNA. If there's a situation that is going to suck, we try to ask how we can make it as good as it can be. If you watched the World Finals, you might've seen the technical difficulties we ran into. We had people in the back asking, how can we make this good for the players that came all this way to see this? It sucks, but how can we make this OK? We bought pizza for everyone. We gave everyone some shwag to apologize for the problems we had. We also promised to fix it for next time (and we did for the Championship, only a few days later).

If we get a piece of really good feedback, we always send it to the right people, and they devour it. We crave all the feedback you guys give us. Ryze, our CEO, responded to a letter from a Korean player the other day upset about item changes. Both Ryze and the President do player support tickets. At the World Championship, Ryze was outside handing out shwag to the people who attended, thanking them for coming and for being such awesome players. The CEO. Shaking hands with players. I don't know any other company where things like that happen as regularly as they do at Riot.

I'm gushing, but let's be real; we're not perfect. We screw up plenty. To me, a "good company" isn't one that never screws up; that's inevitable. It's one that puts the people it serves first. You're our players, you're the people we serve, so you come first.

It's not about the money, right? That's why Riot sold out to the Chinese. Right.