How about a Christmas map for Crystal scar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

the camper274

12-17-2012

I was thinking, that it would be pretty cool to have a winter/christmas map for Crystal scar.
And, like, Christmas trees for the capture points, It's original.

lagedop

12-17-2012

Great idea

The Bitterness

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by the camper274 View Post
I was thinking, that it would be pretty cool to have a winter/christmas map for Crystal scar.
And, like, Christmas trees for the capture points, It's original.
This is a great idea. Unfortunately, Riot would actually have to care about the map to do that.

Not too much, of course, but just enough to reskin the the map. I mean, a Christmas version of the Crystal Scar is nothing compared to balancing champions across *gasp* all three of their current maps, actually *double gasp* testing interations of items like Blackfire Torch before releasing them and not unduly nerfing items like Black Cleaver because they couldn't be bothered to see the serious issue the first time, or actually *triple gasp* make champion abilities scale and/or function differently on different maps -while remaining true to the nature of the champions and their abilities- so that there was real flavour when it came to games that went beyond item builds.

So, if Riot can manage to just marginally care, just enough to reskin the Crystal Scar, your idea can come to the fore. It's a great idea, too, don't let my anger at Riot lead you to think otherwise. I just don't see them caring enough to do it.

Kiddalee

12-17-2012

I was gonna say, "Nope, not enough audience," but then you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the camper274 View Post
And, like, Christmas trees for the capture points.
And that's so cool! And the lights turn green or red when the tree is captured, and rainbow coloured when the point is neutral, and sparkle while it is being channeled. Riot has to do this no matter what!

Kiddalee

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bitterness View Post
This is a great idea. Unfortunately, Riot would actually have to care about the map to do that.

Not too much, of course, but just enough to reskin the the map. I mean, a Christmas version of the Crystal Scar is nothing compared to balancing champions across *gasp* all three of their current maps, actually *double gasp* testing interations of items like Blackfire Torch before releasing them and not unduly nerfing items like Black Cleaver because they couldn't be bothered to see the serious issue the first time, or actually *triple gasp* make champion abilities scale and/or function differently on different maps -while remaining true to the nature of the champions and their abilities- so that there was real flavour when it came to games that went beyond item builds.

So, if Riot can manage to just marginally care, just enough to reskin the Crystal Scar, your idea can come to the fore. It's a great idea, too, don't let my anger at Riot lead you to think otherwise. I just don't see them caring enough to do it.
I like your name.

RBeckham

12-18-2012

I think Riot's biggest caveat with winter maps is the white. White is blinding and you have to dip into shades of blue to get a darker, effective snow color. Too dark and it stops looking like snow.

Redenbacher

12-18-2012

There's also the little issue where Dominion and League of Legends is played worldwide, and the whole world doesn't celebrate xmas.

A snow skin would be nice... but I much prefer a magma chamber skin.

FOODFOOD

12-18-2012

It should be an event called "Snowdown at the Crystal Scar."
I don't care if it's wishful thinking, this is an amazing idea.

Riot pls.

BeefJerkyHunter

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bitterness View Post

Oh, the bitterness!
So bitter.

Tortferngatr

12-18-2012

1. Morello has already confirmed that we aren't getting seasonal maps this year for Summoner's Rift. This isn't favoritism.
2. The map workers were too busy working on the SR graphics update and TT revamp to make holiday skins.