Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 659 55.56%
No 140 11.80%
Sometimes 387 32.63%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Is Riot a good company?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vulcz

12-17-2012

I used to think yes they were great. Until last week when they had no intention of fixing their garbage patch glitches.

Pldl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

It's in the upper quadrant of video game companies.

Valtielx

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I'm sorry you were disappointed. I don't know all your reasons for buying Diana in the first place, but if it was because she was OP, then I hope you expected her to be adjusted to be balanced with other champions. If you are correct that she was nerfed too hard, then she will probably be re-balanced to be a little stronger. If I'm just dead wrong about my guesses about why you bought her or how you feel about her current viability then I apologize. I have nothing to do with champion balance, but I trust the team that does.

See, that bothers me. I don't agree that Diana was nerfed too hard, she's still hilariously good and most know it but that statement doesn't even really deserve a "probably".

Look at Brand and Warwick, or just WW if you really want to since some people still insist for some reason that Brand is good.

Quote:
V1.0.0.121:

Hungering Strike:
Heal reduced to 80% of damage dealt from 100%.
Mana cost increased to 70/80/90/100/110 from 60/70/80/90/100.
That was after Dreamhack, and you know what? I disagree it was even needed, but maybe I'm biased. In the end he was still a great solo top pick even after that nerf but around the time Shen got his remake Warwick was given a new passive

Quote:
V1.0.0.134:

Eternal Thirst now deals 3-16 magic damage per stack, and restores an equal amount of health.
Infinite Duress damage changed to 250/335/420 (+2.0 bonus attack damage) from 200/300/400 (+1.67 total attack damage).
Base attack speed increased to 0.679 from 0.644.
And then that lead to this:

Quote:
V1.0.0.139:

Hungering Strike: percentage damage reduced to 8/10/12/14/16% from 8/11/14/17/20%.

Bam. Warwick is instantly unviable and doesn't have the damage or healing to lane vs 95% of the solo top population. This was months and months and months ago and he's just been left there.

Don't get me wrong, I love Riot, but when you guys basically butcher one of my favorite heroes for no reason (passive that brought on the nerfs wasn't even needed. It still didn't make him a viable jungler then, or now.) it irritates the hell out of me.

"Why did you decide that something I found fun is to be worthless and unusable?"
"Why have you not even addressed it ONCE since you destroyed him?"

Feggit

12-17-2012

What other game company literally has it's designers working with the players and taking their input while actually TALKING to them?

When it's all said and done, Riot is pretty awesome (Not a white knight here) and hey, if you like playing the game and you want a skin then go for it.

Eserine

12-17-2012

While Riot frequently interacts with players, they very, very infrequently listen to detailed feedback from players about ways to improve the game or focus attention on a problem beyond simple glitches or bugs.

When conducting surveys or polls of players on an issue Riot members clearly frame questions or options in ways that uphold their viewpoint of where progress should be heading (and often they already have changes solidly in mind before even creating the pretense of measuring a manufactured consensus).

Many don't look at the forums frequently, or when they do just run a casual scan of the front page without any focus on players trying to reach their department or person with ideas or questions. When players ask such questions as "why hasn't this immensely cool and popular skin idea from the forums been adopted by Riot?" the answer often follows "we have our own group of people to think up cool ideas for skins and we don't need or want outside help", but this philosophy carries over to an untold number of other game features as well, generally to the disadvantage of the game.

here is another major factor:

http://slashdot.org/topic/bi/for-rio...ious-business/

By building psychological models of players (both with data from this game and other games) Riot members at times feel that they know what players want more than any single player without analytic access would. Unfortunately this outlook frequently falls into the same ego trap as Facebook designers often fall into in implementing unpopular changes based on their "big data" research, if you don't ask the right questions of the system (objectively accounting for enough factors of bias) you do not get the answers that you really need, and at many occasions from Riot responses in the forums they seem to have drawn very poor inferences from their datasets based on flawed interpretations of what constitutes popular, needed, or "bankable" design decisions.

As Riot grows so grows this problem, so while the proper answer currently is "sometimes", by the end of next year the correct answer might very well be "no".

Dryad Soraka

12-17-2012

There is no "sometimes" and there is no "no". Riot is one of the only video game companies that even listens to their customers. You see a LOT of them posting regularly on forums and staying active with the community, listening to feedback etc.. Holding competitions, multi-million viewer tournaments. They are a great company.

Tejesh

12-17-2012

I think Riot tries, very hard, to do right by us. Sometimes (pre PFE patch and ALL the ridiculous ... everything that happened with it) they f*** up, and sometimes it's ROYAL.

Most of the time, they get it right. Eventually. But I don't think they're evil or motivated to do WRONG by us, which is what counts, IMO. I said I'd never ever spend money on a f2p, and... I really haven't, outside of Rocketeer Tristana, which is the best skin for my main/favorite/champion I love.

That said - they're an amazing company who does more fan interaction than most any other company in the industry. That's a win for me.

Poondar

12-17-2012

If Riot was a good company then they would change the game so that if somebody doesnt connect to the loading screen then the game doesnt start and it returns you to the lobby.

Ackeu

12-17-2012

Once I sent a support ticket asking for my original email and they replied telling me to fill out a form and then when I do a week later they tell me "You forgot to put the original email"
I was like O.o and said are you serious
-1 For Riot
Riot barely listens

RejectedCB

12-17-2012

A couple months ago, I migrated gaming platforms to MOBA.

Maybe it is because they are different platforms, but Riot shows a lot more care about the aesthetics of balance more than any other gaming company I have seen.

Normally the insane profits gets to dev.s heads and care less about the populace.

I will continue to enjoy my stay here.