Only _intentional_ feeding is against the Code

12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norwenna

12-17-2012

nynaeveam
i tried too and the support guys dont do anything they just copy paste things and dont even look at the report

NynaeveaM

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwenna View Post
nynaeveam
i tried too and the support guys dont do anything they just copy paste things and dont even look at the report
I agree only partly. Last time I wrote a ticket I got a copy paste answer but I replied to it and the guy explained politely their policy to me. I've decided I won't stop bugging them now, I'll keep writing support tickets if I have to. I love this game the energy invested in this is worth it, since I think it might help for future cases of other players as well.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Lack of communication is probably what got you punished.

NynaeveaM

12-17-2012

Bump I'd like to hear some opinions

NynaeveaM

12-17-2012

Anyone?

Wheremi

12-17-2012

Glancing through these, overall I can say you're certainly not a blatantly toxic player like most of the reports we get around here. I can say I can possibly SEE a thing or two that could be considered punishable.

Game 1

This is one of the rare cases where the issue isn't something said. Looking at your item build I see something interesting, Ap Tristana, Now this isn't exactly a crime by any means and to be fair from what I can tell this was a misunderstanding due to having the rarity of an AD Kennen. That being said I still think you should have probably played the norm but this isn't exactly something I would call blatantly intentional trolling. Certainly enough that it looks odd however that some quick fingered judges might punish.

Game 2

Not a single thing I can find wrong here. just a bad game from the information given.

Game 3

The report from what I can see is false, but there is one thing that stuck out at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game 3
Jax [00:03:48] gay
Now, I'll give this was not directed to anyone in particular seemingly. I'll also give that not every use of profane language is worth an instant punish despite what the code may say. However, This is using a term to describe a group of people as an insult, It may not be exactly racist, but its pretty darn close even if used very passively. And that enough in most eyes can constitute a punish just on the grounds of partial racism and hate speech.

I personally would have to think on this one considering the passiveness of it, but I would not be surprised if this helped tip the ruling over to the punish majority.

Game 4&5

Again another case of just a bad game, nothing obviously troll worthy despite your team's claims. A bad game is NOT worth a punish.

So in the end, we have one iffy case of awkward item choice that may have cost your team a game, not outright a punish. As well as one.. very unfortunate choice of word that while not used in an intrinsically offensive manner still can fall under it due to its negative connotations in some judges eyes.

Really if out of everything you do from here on out you just try to not make a small mistake in choice of word like that again, I really do think you'll be just fine. and if the majority of your games are as generally harmless as these are, i don't think Riot will permanently ban you even if you get to that point, but better to be safe than sorry of course.

NynaeveaM

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheremi View Post
Glancing through these, overall I can say you're certainly not a blatantly toxic player like most of the reports we get around here. I can say I can possibly SEE a thing or two that could be considered punishable.

Game 1

This is one of the rare cases where the issue isn't something said. Looking at your item build I see something interesting, Ap Tristana, Now this isn't exactly a crime by any means and to be fair from what I can tell this was a misunderstanding due to having the rarity of an AD Kennen. That being said I still think you should have probably played the norm but this isn't exactly something I would call blatantly intentional trolling. Certainly enough that it looks odd however that some quick fingered judges might punish.

Game 2

Not a single thing I can find wrong here. just a bad game from the information given.

Game 3

The report from what I can see is false, but there is one thing that stuck out at me.

Now, I'll give this was not directed to anyone in particular seemingly. I'll also give that not every use of profane language is worth an instant punish despite what the code may say. However, This is using a term to describe a group of people as an insult, It may not be exactly racist, but its pretty darn close even if used very passively. And that enough in most eyes can constitute a punish just on the grounds of partial racism and hate speech.

I personally would have to think on this one considering the passiveness of it, but I would not be surprised if this helped tip the ruling over to the punish majority.

Game 4&5

Again another case of just a bad game, nothing obviously troll worthy despite your team's claims. A bad game is NOT worth a punish.

So in the end, we have one iffy case of awkward item choice that may have cost your team a game, not outright a punish. As well as one.. very unfortunate choice of word that while not used in an intrinsically offensive manner still can fall under it due to its negative connotations in some judges eyes.

Really if out of everything you do from here on out you just try to not make a small mistake in choice of word like that again, I really do think you'll be just fine. and if the majority of your games are as generally harmless as these are, i don't think Riot will permanently ban you even if you get to that point, but better to be safe than sorry of course.
Thanks for the reply!

I have to disagree on you saying I should adjust and stop saying "gay" [of course when its not directed at anyone] just because someone reading my chat on some report on the tribunal might detect as offensive. That's how I talk with friends and when there is a screwup and yes, that's not a reason it should be discarded, but I think it is harmless and i strongly believe most people will back me up on that, and THATS a reason it should be discarded.

Also overall your reply is helpful of course, however it seems way too much like trying to create something out of nothing. Even if I would have actually said some worse things, said something like "what you did sucked" or whatever else that might be considered offensive, even then it's not against the code as far as I am concerned. Because the code is much more about attitudes than about words. If I said that something or someone sucked but kept a positive attitude and didn't REALLY talk down on someone why should I get punished?

Honestly I'm starting to believe this whole tribunal business is like finding waldo or something. Who will find the one punishable word first !

And I actually understand it since I've been reviewing cases now and then, I've scanned for bad words more often than I would have liked. Personally tho I ultimated tried to judge the whole attitude never just a single word.

mambawarrior0

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NynaeveaM View Post
I'm coming from euw.
Uh oh.
I really think Riot needs to do something about EUW, I keep hearing about tons of false bans/warning there and the report cards prove them.

mambawarrior0

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwenna View Post
At least that was just a warning.

Enterti

12-17-2012

I would have pardoned, you should learn to play a bit more passive though. Especially if you are losing

12345612 ... 19