Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 659 55.56%
No 140 11.80%
Sometimes 387 32.63%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Is Riot a good company?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

The one thing that differentiates Riot from the companies that make the other games I play is that their employees are allowed to post on the forums as "themselves." With most gaming companies there's a limited number of people authorized to post on the forums in Official Company Speak, but with Riot it seems they let their employees post wherever and however they feel like, trusting that they've hired people who are capable of public interaction without constant monitoring.

Krshna

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalaug View Post
Look at what they did to Diana. They put her and her skin on sale multiple times, right before nerfing her into the ground.

That is a sign of a BAD company and simply ****ing disrespectful and unfair to its players.

This gets a big fat NO from me, mother****ers. Never another cent.

Sign of a true moron. Everyone spent either RP or IP on a champion at some point, and every champion is subject to being nerfed if they are too strong. Shouldn't you be happy that if she was about to get nerfed, at least they gave her to you for half price?

Stop whining.

bunies

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTECT MY BACK View Post
They're a great company, albeit extremely money hungry.

Definitely always concerned with the quality of their game, and the well being of their users. Their prices for many things are just a tad outrageous.

If you're basing your purchases off the goodness of this company, I say go for it. (Just don't get too carried away)

(Coming from a guy who's spent way too much money on this game)
i call bull**** on "quality concern" lets just look at S3 patch, they knew about the annie gltich, still went through with the patch without fixing it, the new HUD makes the game lag and drop fps non stop, Simply put, if they were a food company they would sell us E.coli filled hotdogs

slamor

12-17-2012

I can say that support complete trash. I have seen tribunal cases where players were banned for a case that everybody else agreed that should of been pardoned. 80% of players who whine about bans on forums deserve it. Another 15% are conflicting cases. Another 5% clearly should of been pardoned based on tribunal evidence. Riot justifies the bans saying there was toxic behavior in mystery cases when a player shows really no sign of toxic behavior between 4-5 games presented by the tribunal. So if your not a toxic player, there is a very slim chance of getting banned out of nowhere and do not even try to complain that you bought RP from riot.

bunies

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krshna View Post
Sign of a true moron. Everyone spent either RP or IP on a champion at some point, and every champion is subject to being nerfed if they are too strong. Shouldn't you be happy that if she was about to get nerfed, at least they gave her to you for half price?

Stop whining.
gave her f or half price or tricked into buying ?

slamor

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunies View Post
i call bull**** on "quality concern" lets just look at S3 patch, they knew about the annie gltich, still went through with the patch without fixing it, the new HUD makes the game lag and drop fps non stop, Simply put, if they were a food company they would sell us E.coli filled hotdogs
Did you know that the annie glitch was extremely hard to track down and had to disable viktor as a result? I actually got slightly improved FPS from the new hud. It is just you that is having a bad day. edit: I do own viktor and like to play him. Do not say that the annie glitch ****ed you up.

Montag

Player Experience Manager

12-17-2012
8 of 10 Riot Posts

There's one reason why I think Riot is definitely a good company.

Granted, I'm easily Riot's biggest fanboy, so take this with a grain of salt. I've sat in with everyone from the most junior person at the company to the President and watched them make decisions. I've interviewed tons of Rioters about what they do day to day, how they think about problems, and how they've approached some of the toughest challenges we've overcome as a company. I've challenged them about how much value they actually provided players, whether something was a good decision or not. I think I came pretty close to asking them everything a player might ask if they were trying to figure out if Riot is a good company.

One thing stood out throughout that entire process, and it's the reason I love Riot. Every decision, every pixel that gets changed, happens for you guys, the players. In everything we do, we put the player first.

We start almost every presentation at Riot with "We aspire to be the most player-focused company in the world." If someone wants to change something, we ask how it affects the players. If you were a fly in the wall, you'd probably get sick of hearing people ask, "What's best for the player?" We will have crazy heated arguments about what the best outcome of a situation would be for players all day, every day, and I like to think that results in the best outcome more often than it doesn't. It's ingrained in our DNA. If there's a situation that is going to suck, we try to ask how we can make it as good as it can be. If you watched the World Finals, you might've seen the technical difficulties we ran into. We had people in the back asking, how can we make this good for the players that came all this way to see this? It sucks, but how can we make this OK? We bought pizza for everyone. We gave everyone some shwag to apologize for the problems we had. We also promised to fix it for next time (and we did for the Championship, only a few days later).

If we get a piece of really good feedback, we always send it to the right people, and they devour it. We crave all the feedback you guys give us. Ryze, our CEO, responded to a letter from a Korean player the other day upset about item changes. Both Ryze and the President do player support tickets. At the World Championship, Ryze was outside handing out shwag to the people who attended, thanking them for coming and for being such awesome players. The CEO. Shaking hands with players. I don't know any other company where things like that happen as regularly as they do at Riot.

I'm gushing, but let's be real; we're not perfect. We screw up plenty. To me, a "good company" isn't one that never screws up; that's inevitable. It's one that puts the people it serves first. You're our players, you're the people we serve, so you come first.

Vonriel

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
shwag
I haven't heard this word used to describe the loot one gets from a convention (or someplace similar) since I was in high school... I long for the good old days on that one.

To remain relevant: You can FEEL how much of what Montag said is true. Just watch the Dev Tracker, and think about the things being said and done. Yes, you can argue until you're blue in the face that they only do it for PR, but that argument in itself speaks volumes. How many other companies demand so much from their staff to maintain such a high level of communication and interaction with its playerbase? How many companies try to maintain the same level of transparency?

At the end of the day, I will side with those who choose to say, "Riot is a good company." I have for some time now, and until something drastic happens to these guys, I will for a long time to come.

Duthar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
-snip-
While I do agree Riot usually appears to do what is best for the players, even now I still take issue with how they handled Twisted Fate's legendary skin. When asked what could be done to make it a truly "legendary" skin, players gave hundreds if not thousands of possibilities.

Rather than take that advice, it was removed from the store, being made a "legacy skin." And unlike other legacy skins, it wasn't put on sale prior to its removal, because it would be better for Riot to squeeze some extra cash out of an already defunct skin that people would purchase for the exclusive reason of owning a skin that is unavailable.

Over charging for something and sweeping it under the rug is not a move that is "what's best for the players."

I'm not claiming I'll abandon League of Legends, nor will I refrain from purchasing anything, because I know I will. But Riot's actions have proven that while it may be the best company as far as listening to its player base goes, it's still only relative to the poor service other companies may give.

Sushimkr

12-17-2012

wait a sec...
RiotMontag's icon is apocalyptic Brand
Fahrenheit 451 (by Ray Bradbury) is an apocalyptic, dystopian novel. The main character's name is Guy Montag.

Coincidence? I think not...