Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 657 55.49%
No 140 11.82%
Sometimes 387 32.69%
Voters: 1184. You may not vote on this poll

Is Riot a good company?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Comatose

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Marte View Post
I'm ap runescape player, well was. They release a lot of updates that no one likes and they refuse to listen to the players. I'm used to paying 5 bucks a month, but not to Jagex anymore, so I'm willing to support someone that cares for its players and a game that I love.
yeah I second that. I played rs before I came here. And they raised the price to like $7 like ew!

Stephenn

12-17-2012

Riot has their good points and their bad, overall a good company.

Listens well to the community and interacts well within it.

Their support on the other hand.. Not so great.

metalaug

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I'm sorry you were disappointed. I don't know all your reasons for buying Diana in the first place, but if it was because she was OP, then I hope you expected her to be adjusted to be balanced with other champions. If you are correct that she was nerfed too hard, then she will probably be re-balanced to be a little stronger. If I'm just dead wrong about my guesses about why you bought her or how you feel about her current viability then I apologize. I have nothing to do with champion balance, but I trust the team that does.
I bought her because her whole concept, her personality, her look and feel, her gameplay, her damage and mobility were all awesome. Now she is a shadow of her former self and just depressing to even pick up, knowing her former glory. If you had nothing to do with the nerf I'm not mad at you, but at those who did it.

Unfortunately, many champions were uber-nerfed before, are still **** now and never rebuffed, so I am NOT hopeful.

Song Of Swords

12-17-2012

As someone who has travel led between many different games that need constant interaction from the company riot has always continued to be by far and away the most open and helpful, all the while i don't think they've ever done anything outright wrong where they don't try to alleviate the problem caused within reasonable time. you think riot is bad look at people like EA (voted worst company of the year) and Activision.

Aametherar

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by St?phen View Post
Their support on the other hand.. Not so great.
Not so great is putting it very very mildly heh. Riot does a lot of things right but customer support is NOT one of them.

WhoIsBlue

12-17-2012

Well holy, Dream job working at riot, i wonder how this happens

Tenmar

12-17-2012

Quote:
If I didn't believe what I said, I would be at a different company. Why would I stay at a company I don't like?
Ask A LOT of your fellow country men that when you go into a majority of retail stores or offices...

IIZekoII

12-17-2012

Quote:
If I didn't believe what I said, I would be at a different company. Why would I stay at a company I don't like?
can you tell your friends to fix the lag spikes,disconnecting and ghost games issues please? because they don't seem to read the forum and/or their bug tracker.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

12-17-2012
6 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTrilo View Post
Hey Griftrix, if you're still around, I'd like to ask a question.

In your honest opinion (not riot's), how much do the people on the forums affect decisions about gameplay changes? And I don't mean people on the PBE server. I mean people who post threads like the HUGE Nasus thread that has been around for so long.
I think it varies depending on the target audience. I know some designers have awesome discussion threads where they gather valuable feedback (I know they think it's valuable because they make more threads doing the same thing). Some of our artists have many discussions about art direction and champion splash with our players. You may not be surprised how few threads are directed at my particular area of development, since it is not design or art, so I haven't had any suggestions I can recall that affect my work, but I frequently forward on threads to their respective area developers for them to take a look at.

dwadwfr

12-17-2012

its been almost 2 years since i started playing and i've gotta say Riot is a better company than most. To have employees give you close to first hand knowlage about something in the game and asking for feedback is great, gives us an idea of how the content will be like when they release it