Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 656 55.45%
No 140 11.83%
Sometimes 387 32.71%
Voters: 1183. You may not vote on this poll

Is Riot a good company?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aametherar

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
If you are wondering about how Riot treats its employees, I can say that I am treated well.
Someone call the police! This man has a gun to his head! Seriously would anyone say anything else on their employers forums? xD

But I put sometimes, they have good and bad moments, overall more good than bad though a few bad ones are pretty bad.

NVDax

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalaug View Post
Look at what they did to Diana. They put her and her skin on sale multiple times, right before nerfing her into the ground.

That is a sign of a BAD company and simply ****ing disrespectful and unfair to its players.

This gets a big fat NO from me, mother****ers. Never another cent.
Your jimmies, they must be rustled.

Victor Marte

12-17-2012

Quote:
This is my first Victor post!! The day is mine!
Marry me? XD!!

Karmah Ownz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

They listen to their players. It's hard to please everybody with a patch, let alone a nerf and usually the small outspoken majority is on the forums complaining about the nerf while the side that is happy with the change is inside experiencing the game.

Masa

12-17-2012

Better gaming company than most. Unlike most ungrateful people, I appreciated all the work they put into the game.

I still hope to get a job there one day.

Sydrael

12-17-2012

I voted sometimes, just because they aren't perfect. Riot makes mistakes, just like normal human beings do. That said, they are 100% a company worth supporting.

Victor Marte

12-17-2012

So surprised this is getting so much attention, I'm still new to the forums XD ahhh I love you guys. Thank you all . I need to go for a bit though, I'm configuring a new hard drive and its being mean to me. I'll check back on this thread later

DarkslayerG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:
I think Riot is a great company. I have never worked at a company that encourages player interaction more. We also try to interact with players in meaningful ways. We have open discussions with the community (when the thread has an appropriately constructive tone).

I read dozens of threads every day, and I cannot reply to all of them. Usually it's because I have nothing to contribute to the topic. Sometimes it's because I am in the wrong department to affect that. There are also times when I read a good idea, but I cannot post about it because of non disclosure agreements. Posting about some things may create the false sense that a change is very imminent, when for various reasons it may take time for things to get to the players.

While I am not involved with game balancing, I can assure you that buffs and nerfs are never "random". We have a team of very skilled players and analysts that take many things into consideration when balancing the game. I hope you appreciate what a complex task it is to balance over 100 champions plus items.

In any case, I hope you are enjoying playing the game. I think the best reason to buy skins is because the skin makes you happy. We don't try to make money, we try to create things that players value, and players can reward us by posting about them, telling their friends what they think is cool, playing the game and being a constructive and helpful player, and sometimes even spending some RP on things.. But really, the primary focus is creating value for you as a player. If we create something that you do not find valuable, then we will try to lean better what players want and create something better next time.

If you are wondering about how Riot treats its employees, I can say that I am treated well.

Remember, spending RP is just 1 way you can thank us for doing a good job. I'm happy if you are enjoying yourself and being a nice person in game. If you give tips to other players that's even better! And if you think we're doing a bad job, just make a polite post about it and we'll read it and try to do better (even if we don't post a reply).

Thanks!
LOL, talk about a conflict of interests.

Jamaree

12-17-2012

I think they are great personally. Sure, people get on them but that is because it is impossible to please 30+ million people all at the same time. They do what is both best for the company and the game and they talk to us. They make mistakes, but let's be honest, what person/company doesn't?

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

12-17-2012
3 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalaug View Post
Look at what they did to Diana. They put her and her skin on sale multiple times, right before nerfing her into the ground.

That is a sign of a BAD company and simply ****ing disrespectful and unfair to its players.

This gets a big fat NO from me, mother****ers. Never another cent.
I'm sorry you were disappointed. I don't know all your reasons for buying Diana in the first place, but if it was because she was OP, then I hope you expected her to be adjusted to be balanced with other champions. If you are correct that she was nerfed too hard, then she will probably be re-balanced to be a little stronger. If I'm just dead wrong about my guesses about why you bought her or how you feel about her current viability then I apologize. I have nothing to do with champion balance, but I trust the team that does.