Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 659 55.56%
No 140 11.80%
Sometimes 387 32.63%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Is Riot a good company?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Victor Marte

12-17-2012

I've heard of pendragon...I've seen posts against him saying how he bans people unfairly and such

Guy Deathscare

12-17-2012

its not f2p once you buy skins

Victor Marte

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Deathscare View Post
its not f2p once you buy skins
What do you mean exactly?

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

12-17-2012
1 of 10 Riot Posts

I think Riot is a great company. I have never worked at a company that encourages player interaction more. We also try to interact with players in meaningful ways. We have open discussions with the community (when the thread has an appropriately constructive tone).

I read dozens of threads every day, and I cannot reply to all of them. Usually it's because I have nothing to contribute to the topic. Sometimes it's because I am in the wrong department to affect that. There are also times when I read a good idea, but I cannot post about it because of non disclosure agreements. Posting about some things may create the false sense that a change is very imminent, when for various reasons it may take time for things to get to the players.

While I am not involved with game balancing, I can assure you that buffs and nerfs are never "random". We have a team of very skilled players and analysts that take many things into consideration when balancing the game. I hope you appreciate what a complex task it is to balance over 100 champions plus items.

In any case, I hope you are enjoying playing the game. I think the best reason to buy skins is because the skin makes you happy. We don't try to make money, we try to create things that players value, and players can reward us by posting about them, telling their friends what they think is cool, playing the game and being a constructive and helpful player, and sometimes even spending some RP on things.. But really, the primary focus is creating value for you as a player. If we create something that you do not find valuable, then we will try to lean better what players want and create something better next time.

If you are wondering about how Riot treats its employees, I can say that I am treated well.

Remember, spending RP is just 1 way you can thank us for doing a good job. I'm happy if you are enjoying yourself and being a nice person in game. If you give tips to other players that's even better! And if you think we're doing a bad job, just make a polite post about it and we'll read it and try to do better (even if we don't post a reply).

Thanks!

AK47WOLF

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Marte View Post
I've heard of pendragon...I've seen posts against him saying how he bans people unfairly and such
It's not that he unfairly bans people, because I truly don't feel he does. He does however act unprofessionally and doesn't treat the condemned, so to speak, with any respect. These players then get harassed by their peers because of how Pen handles the situation.

Victor Marte

12-17-2012

Omg a riot post!! my first time XD!

Mxie

12-17-2012

They usually are great at listening to the players, but there are some situations where I just can't help but wonder what Riot was thinking.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

12-17-2012
2 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Marte View Post
Omg a riot post!! my first time XD!
This is my first Victor post!! The day is mine!

Victor Marte

12-17-2012

Wow, in my old game I used to support, Runescape, I was really active on the forums - jagex mods would NEVER post unless they were banning you. And now I get a riot post XD!

metalaug

12-17-2012

Look at what they did to Diana. They put her and her skin on sale multiple times, right before nerfing her into the ground.

That is a sign of a BAD company and simply ****ing disrespectful and unfair to its players.

This gets a big fat NO from me, mother****ers. Never another cent.

12345612 ... 19