Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 659 55.56%
No 140 11.80%
Sometimes 387 32.63%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Is Riot a good company?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Victor Marte

12-17-2012

Thinking about buying skins every holiday to support this f2p game. But I want to get peoples opinions before I buy any - is Riot a good company? Are they worth supporting? Do they listen to the players?

I notice that some of their updates get a ton of downvotes yet they don't do anything. Random nerfs and buffs, and promises that seem to never come.

What do you think?

-Victor

Fun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Do you enjoy playing this game? If so, how long are you going to play it?

IIZekoII

12-17-2012

is Tencent a good company?

Labcown

12-17-2012

Of the current game companies out right, on terms of communication, Riot is quite possibly the best at listening directly to their player base. Sure, it's a little frustrating when they don't reply to your comment, but they are after all a company, and that restricts what their employees can divulge/promise at certain times.

They are an awesome game company, but that's just my opinion, without anyone else's testimony, would you support this game?

Ultimately the decision's yours and I wouldn't grab the opinions of a few strangers on an internet forum to solidify my view on something personally.

Victor Marte

12-17-2012

I just want to make sure. I wouldn't want to support a company that doesn't listen to it's players. I don't go on forums much or read that feedback you guys post, so I wouldn't have a good educated decision. But i really do like this game a lot

Emperor Azrael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Riot is solid, but I'm not a huge fan of Tencent A.K.A. Chinese Overlords.

Yandere Kami

12-17-2012

eh, better than most. They actually listen.

Victor Marte

12-17-2012

I'm a runescape player, well was. They release a lot of updates that no one likes and they refuse to listen to the players. I'm used to paying 5 bucks a month, but not to Jagex anymore, so I'm willing to support someone that cares for its players and a game that I love.

AK47WOLF

12-17-2012

They listen to and interact with the playerbase too much. Except for the higher up Reds, this interaction typically gets them into trouble and is followed by a post of them saying they must roll back their forum participation for any number of reasons. The higher ups like Zileas, who is a tasteful troll, can generally do what they want in regards to posts and are usually a benevolent presence. I say generally because there are exceptions like Pendragon, who regularly (at least, in the past) engaged in public defamation of LoL players as well as possessing a higher-than-thou attitude. He's not around as much anymore, I suspect because of some behind-the-scenes reprimand from superiors.

Riot from my perspective is a pretty good community-oriented company. Despite people who are always complaining about prices, Riot does not monetize the game as much as they could, so those criticisms don't have much foundation.

Darkwahn

12-17-2012

I personally think that they're a pretty good company.

1234511 ... 19