Is there and ETA on when Ranked Dominion will go live?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foonakie

12-17-2012

Anyone know if or when this will happen?

Damieh

12-17-2012

Soon™

Nah just kidding. Short answer is we don't know. No (recent) time estimate has been given. Most of us think that ranked won't happen in S3 though.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Never (or at least 2-3 years) seems likely.

Kholdstare13

12-17-2012

At least a draft mode normals would be useful. Maybe when riot sees Darius' 98% ban rate they will think to do something about him.

Subpargamer

12-17-2012

They should really add a ranked version of dominion... so much more fun.

bierfaust

12-17-2012

Basically it works like this:

There won't be ranked because of the small population that play DOM.

The population of DOM is small mainly because of lack of ranked.

(That's Riots logic anyway)

So in other words, unless Riot can somehow magically change peoples minds about DOM, there will never be ranked, and the people that do want it (about 90% of them from every person I've ever spoken to on the topic) get shafted.

So pretty much, we don't matter because not every ******bag and his grandma are interested in the game mode. Great logic aye?

Scyhn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

No one really knows when. I hope soon enough.
Truth is, Dom will keep being a "secondary" game mode if Riot keep treating it that way. At least now there's RiotNome hearing us and fixing things, and we could saw results about that really fast.
I can't avoid to think that Riot doesn't really care about Dom (or didn't really care in the past time). I can't buy that a company who brags about having more players that WoW can't get people interested in their game mode. They never took Dom into the mainstream. I hope i'm wrong tho.

KaWraith

12-17-2012

Nome admitted that the dominion population is bigger than the TF2 population.
But the biggest issue is that people don't know how to play dominion...
new players especially find it impenetrably difficult (a lack of a tutorial is a big part of that)

Draft pick is impossible for me (my queue went 6 hours without finding a match the other day)
-even if i could: i would never ban Darius... Teemo/Kassadin/Jayce/Kha'zix are way too strong. Durrius can be counterpicked and counterplayed.

Subpargamer

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
Nome admitted that the dominion population is bigger than the TF2 population.
But the biggest issue is that people don't know how to play dominion...
new players especially find it impenetrably difficult (a lack of a tutorial is a big part of that)

Draft pick is impossible for me (my queue went 6 hours without finding a match the other day)
-even if i could: i would never ban Darius... Teemo/Kassadin/Jayce/Kha'zix are way too strong. Durrius can be counterpicked and counterplayed.
Casual players will always find the game difficult even the simplest of instructions given, some people just will never get, thats just how the gaming community is.

NamKim

12-17-2012

Riot is waiting for Sauron to adjust his super guide for season 3. Then they will publish it and charge players to read it. After reaching $1,000,000,000 profit, then they will release ranked.