No Liandry's on Dom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VegaTDM

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
Trust me, you will always be better off with BFT than a gimmicky Rylai's/Liandry's combo.

5800g total for
150 AP
700 HP
15% MrPen
Rylais Slow
10% Health Burn on spells that proc Rylais

Not sure how its gimicky.

VegaTDM

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
I... wha... why would you do that on graves? Also, just build Rylai's/BFT.
I use it for my Graves bot build, makes me tankier and helps me chase and does more damage AND he gets a steroid.

Redenbacher

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegaTDM View Post
5800g total for
150 AP
700 HP
15% MrPen
Rylais Slow
10% Health Burn on spells that proc Rylais over 3 seconds

Not sure how its gimicky.
Rylai's + BFT will add up to:
5850g
150AP
650HP
15 Mpen
10% CDR
Rylai's Slow
3.5% health burn on MAXIMUM health over two seconds

I'm not sure what the problem is. 3.5% of maximum health over 2 seconds is always better than 5% on current health over 3 seconds, and better than 10% of current health over 3 seconds when the target is below 60% or 70% of their HP (I haven't done the math, just guesstimating).

EDIT: Let's just break it down per second.

BFT is 1.75% of max HP every second. In 3 seconds, it's dealt 5.25% of the enemies' HP.

Compare to Liandry's, which deals 5% of CURRENT HP over three seconds, or 1.67% per second. Blackfire Torch is already better here in a max HP scenario.

Then there's the impaired movement scenario, implied as 'always' because of Rylai's. 10% of current HP over 3 seconds, or 3.33% per second. In a maximum HP situation, Liandry's is better. Once the target hits 52.55% of it's max HP, however, Liandry's is dealing the same damage as BFT. (The 52.55% was derived from 1.75 = 3.33*%CURHP or 1.75/3.33 = %CURHP value necessary for the 3.33% of current HP to equal 1.75% of max HP. Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

So, Liandry's with Rylai's deals more damage from 100% to 52.5%, and then BFT takes over as the better option.

BFT also gives CDR, and always does more damage than Liandy's without movement impairment.

In conclusion, BFT is always better than Liandry's. Don't worry about it's omission in Dominion & TT.

FOODFOOD

12-17-2012

Thanks Redenbacher. I knew someone could math it out.

TL;DR Blackfire Torch makes Liandry's redundant. It does about everything Liandry's does but better.

KaWraith

12-17-2012

Quote:
why not? Blackfire Torch is.
Blackfire Torch is: So much stronger than liandry's it's not even funny... you don't need to combine it with rylais: it still does more damage in pretty much any situation

Genericke

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Current, genericke, current the less health you have the weaker it gets and trust me it gets weaker really really soon
Whoops, yeah that's what I meant.

TCWA Tigerbite

12-17-2012

Soooo....no bloodthirster? :[

kirillian

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
Soooo....no bloodthirster? :[
Shoot, ok Tiger, we'll give you Blackfire Bloodthirster...100AD + 10 Stacking AD on every auto attack (25 stacks maximum, cuz that's what BFT got...gotta be fair ya know? We can balance it in a month or two), 10% CDR.

Not good enough? Kills permanently add 10 AD to this item.

-Riot

naotasan

12-17-2012

Quote:
So no way to make use of the Rylai's/Liandry's combo on Dom? I realize They are VERY similar, but so are Frozen Mallet/Entropy and I love building them both on Graves.
Can't tell if stupid or trolling

MMKH

12-17-2012

BFT is already a more potent version of Liandri's. Let's not introduce more DOTs that would make Teemo more OP than he already is.