Que For Roles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Call Jungler

12-17-2012

i was thinking if we could instead of just queuing if we could que for whatever mode you wanna play but also chose what role you want for instance queuing for solo ranked instead of team fighting in chat for who called adc or top 1st it would match u up in games for what roles you ques for would cut down on whining trolls and would make the game more easier to get into matches

Wiltsee

12-17-2012

it's not the first time anyone's suggested this. i would guess they've been hassled about it for years.

i'm thinking they have a good reason as to why they haven't done it. one we just don't see yet.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-17-2012

It never ends... All those threads talking about role-queuing.

Ramachese

12-17-2012

10,001 threads for this same subject. Once again it is the same bad idea that it always was as there is no actual way to enforce the role you 'chose'. People (trolls) will que for support then pick a mid champ.

Go1den

12-17-2012

Que did you say?

Wiltsee

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramachese View Post
10,001 threads for this same subject. Once again it is the same bad idea that it always was as there is no actual way to enforce the role you 'chose'. People (trolls) will que for support then pick a mid champ.

there's ways to circumvent that. such as restricting a role queue'd player from picking champions not considered the role they selected.

for example, if you pick support, at champion select you'd only be able to pick champions riot has classified as "support".

only downside is that it undoes the strategy behind draft pick. but eh.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Please stop this thread.

K1nGJ4m3S

12-17-2012

forget the meta. just pick rengar everytime

Darkreprieve

12-17-2012

SO you want them to place permanent restrictions so you can't use any original strategies in ranked games?

Zombiemaster

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltsee View Post
there's ways to circumvent that. such as restricting a role queue'd player from picking champions not considered the role they selected.

for example, if you pick support, at champion select you'd only be able to pick champions riot has classified as "support".

only downside is that it undoes the strategy behind draft pick. but eh.
That still doesn't stop trolls. They can just queue as support, and then just follow the jungler around.

It also completely locks in the meta. The meta would never change at all because you aren't allowing people to experiment with different strategies. I don't know about you, but I know of quite a few people that would like to see the meta change eventually.