Rengar really a bit much riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhané

12-17-2012

So you have nerfed him into the ground. He used to do ok top lane and with the 1st nerf to his Q which i can understand but after the Q nerf he would have to play smart to beat tops like olaf or yorick (tanky tops). Now you can't play him really top. As far as the jungle i'm not sure because i'm not the best jungler but when I did jungle i was outleveled. So this last nerf was it really needed? His win rate was 50% isn't that what you wanted riot a 50% chance of winning because if you played against other skilled players that the matchmaking is supposed to put you against you would win 50/50? What can rengar do now? Oh and now his win rate is about 35-45% People that complained saying he was op just got outplayed. I had a Olaf say i was op.... OLAF really op? because olaf isn't op at all right..... olaf beats rengar but if rengar can juke him around then rengar wins now rengar can't even do that. Lets look at op champs Leblanc is a huge nuke, Darius the king of op, diana could beat him not sure now since they were both nerfed, Eve is another HUGE nuke, Kat is a pretty strong nuke, Olaf is a tanky god that does dmg with building hp because of his E, Malph the god of op build armor then gg, Rek cc stun then ult and dead ya he wins, rumble a god top farmer (which you nerfed and reverted that because he was useless. oh look rengar is useless). My point is he wasn't op. people just didn't know how to play against him and still don't it seems like. In his spotlight his job was to start a teamfight then ult and take out the high prioty targets well he can't do that now can he since it will be 3 seconds before he is stealthed, oh wait he is dead in 3 seconds since his heal is nerfed. He wasn't broken before and you continue to beat on him. He was hard to play against yes but every team that bought oracles stopped him in his tracks with that. What can you do on him now riot. Now i'm prepared for the bunch of kids to comment and say "oh qq my favorite champ isn't op anymore so he is broken qq". I will not respond to you because there are people that will read this and agree that he is now broken and wasn't op before. Please riot give rengar some love because no one will play him now since he is useless.

Afael

12-17-2012

I agree in most. They did a bit too much to Rengar, and now top-cat is almost not viable. Im fine with nerf to sustain, but his ult already was balanced.
Probably nerfed just due to fact that he could split push like a boss, plus being ultimate "get out of jail" card. Impossible to kill if not CCd, or ult is on CD.
He remains a fine jungler, since he doesn't have a "must have" starting point, and is generally unpredictable. Although we have Lee Sin and a couple of other champs that are better..

Zhané

12-17-2012

Ya afael I'm not the best with jungling so I don't really do it. I really hope that Rengar sees that they destoryed this champ and gives him back what he had. I really think he was pretty much balenced pre last nerf. I do think they need to either give back his mp5 or his heal. 10% isn't much but i could live with that if he had a bit more mp5 to survive pokes. Also i don't really see what the problem was with 15%. If you saw a Rengar with full Feor then I usually would poke him a bit to make him use that so I could fight him. Just like you wouldn't fight a rek with full rage or Rek. It would be ensuring your own doom.

Afael

12-17-2012

There actually was problem with his sustain pre-nerf. Same with ult to be honest. It was completely impossible to lose a lane with Rengar, or even die, provided you're good enough. Your opponents had almost no chance to force you to B, or trade without need to B themselves at some point. Rengar would heal everything he just lost in a minute or so. Its also was very hard to successfully gank him, as he would just R away if things are bad. To heal again with Ferocity he gained.
And he could do all that while still building damage and forcing you to build sustain just to compete. However, increase in fading time decreased its offensive potential. I would be totally fine if you couldn't use ulti at all while being attacked, but have no or very little fading time otherwise. Even though Ive seen enough "Surprise Rengars" on the bottom lane to see how bad this idea is.

Peligrad

12-17-2012

Rengar's jungle has been bad since the first time they nerfed him...

I don't understand why they keep nerfing him...

He was ok...nothing more.

He was no where near as good as Irelia, or Jax, or Shen before this last nerf...

Then they rip his guts out...I don't even understand...

TerminatusOmega

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post

He was no where near as good as Irelia, or Jax, or Shen before this last nerf...

me neither, it was already a slap in the face when they made his bonetooth useless....

Peligrad

12-17-2012

What's a bonetooth necklace?

Zhané

12-17-2012

lol ya his item is kinda pointless now. I still build it for the movement speed though. But his ult can't be used effectively has riot intented. Even in the spotlight it said to start the fight then ult to go take out their high prioty targets and you can't even do that now. Then the escaping ganks I used it a few times and can still use it for that even with the nerf to it, so it seems pointless to me to say we nerfed it because it was used for ganks. Now in a lane your ult won't be effective at all. I've used it to win a 1v1 fight with darius now that will never happen again with the 3 sec fade. I see Rengar's ult being only used for ganks now which would make me think jungle with him then but i can't jungle or i don't know how.

Afael

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post

His jungling ability is still moderately good, if we are talking lower ELO. Simply because nobody knows what he is doing and where is he, and when he is going to gank. He is not WW, who will definitely gank at 6, not Lee who is going to gank at 2, etc. He is not that great as an actual jungler, but as a shutdown to enemy one. See Amumu? Go steal his red, because he will start with Blue. It takes a lot of knowledge of other junglers, but enemy one will hate you for sure. Know the respawn times, know the routes, know it all. Udyr started at red? Get the time down and take it before him next time. Invade, steal, annoy - formula for successful jungling with Ren. Thats not even mentioning "Surprise Kitty" - passing all the wards with your ult to get to "safe" bot and make them produce huge quantities of breaks. Otherwise, there is a ton of better options.

He was not near as good as Jax or Irelia, or Shen for sure, because those are one of the most powerful champs in game. For anyone else, he was a pain to lane against, almost like Yorick, but the one that can suddenly leap from the bush and do some unexpected burst. Enemy has a snowballing top - send Rengar, to make them cry from inability to kill or gank you.

Peligrad

12-17-2012

His jungling is atrocious. His sustain is too low to be legit. His clear is really slow. His mobility is sub-par. If anyone decided to come into his jungle and kill him, they can...his only strong suit was his ganking...but with out a really heavy leash he can't even make it to level 2 and keep enough hp to gank...