You had to fix Rengar's base Hp/5 since you nerfed W's heal

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeigneurLemieux

12-16-2012

Sometimes if you nerf an ability directly, another characteristic of the champion will indirectly be nerfed.

It is the case with Rengar's sustain. His Base Hp/5 was nerfed (~ halved) a few patches ago to compensate the fact that W was too great of a sustain inlane. His Hp/5 sustain was aggressively nerfed because W needed a nerf.

But now, by lowering W's healing by 1/3, his sustain went down by alot since Rengars won't use Emporerd W as often and when they do it won't heal as much.

Since his sustain took a huge hit, it would be a good timing to put his Hp/5 on a more reasonable number. Right now it's the lowest of the game at any level, and by alot. I've always felt like if you have to nerf base stats SO MUCH because of the champion's kit, then do not look elsewhere: the kit itself is broken. Fix it. Don't kill a champion's base stats because of it.

A little statistic:

Rengar's HP/5 at lvl 18 : 11.2
Riven's hp/5 at lvl ONE: 11.3

Teemonator

12-16-2012

Greetings!

I posted a thread idea in the Champion feedback forums. Here is a link to the post!

Champion Feedback: (Click & Vote Here)

My goal here is to try to help Rengar with his role as a Jungler, and add additional reason to buy his Bonetooth Necklace.

Thank you for your time

Timebomb0800

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Well it's clear what the problem is here. NERF RIVEN :|

Haha, but in all seriousness seems fair enough.

SeigneurLemieux

12-16-2012

What do you guys think?

JEST3R 4d3

12-16-2012

agreed, and bumped. I'm anxious to see a red comment on SOMETHING regarding rengar.... I love the champ concept and played at release when everyone said he was UP, predicted this would happen after riot INCONCEIVABLY BUFFED HIM....seemingly because no one wanted to buy him because they thought he was terribad. He's now practically unplayable, and its sad because he has such a badass champ concept.

DinoSpamoni

12-16-2012

Welcome to Riots business plan

Release champion and make OP
Make sales off champion being OP
Nerf champion so that people have to buy a new OP champion
Repeat

Its been this way for a while now, at least youre starting to catch on.

BoneThugzPkz

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoSpamoni View Post

Repeat

Brb getting tin foil hat.

Some people actually buy the champions because they think they'll like they're play style, not because they're OP. I bought rengar because I liked his play style, and he just happened to be OP. I'll still play him regardless. I play champions I have fun with, no who's "OP" at the time, that just isn't fun.

Felaedor

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoSpamoni View Post

Repeat

Ironically, Rengar was actually a bit weak on release because he had so much delay on his skills.

It was a headache to play.

JEST3R 4d3

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
Ironically, Rengar was actually a bit weak on release because he had so much delay on his skills.

it was a headache sometimes, but only because e didnt work half the time and his passive landed you 5 feet behind your target, other than that, he was still really strong at release. absolutely ZERO reason for the buff he got along with the bug fixes.

The 0regon Trail

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post

I would take his buggy release state over what he has become now. At least back then I enjoyed playing him.

1234511 ... 12