Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoLash View Post
Thanks so much. I've got 5k IP now, probably gonna buy Jayce tomorrow.

Btw, what made you think I was too passive?

I would say I am overaggresive, especially in mid lane. When playing mid I find that I go all out (assuming I'm playing a bursty champ like kat or akali) and test the other player (Obviously depending on the champion whether it is safe to do so or not). This usually decides the laning phase in the first few minutes, as my agression usually allows me to snowball of first blood or lose horrible (usually the first as long as i'm playing my kat xD).

I understand that this is stupid, and will eventually result in me losing games once I reach a higher level (elo w/e), but what should I do in order to escape from harass from ranged champions such as kennen anivia etc?

Thanks a lot for your help, you should get payed for this ^_^
I was saying that you are too passive due to the fact that you are not beating the enemy with Irelia and Jax.Both of them are really strong in the lane and have no problem in majority of the match up.

As for taking harass from ranged champions. Health potion and better positioning will solve most of the time. Anivia's stun travel at a really low speed and you can often jump on her whenever she misses it. Kennen's autoattack is strong but he is squishy, so you need to take advantage of that with big burst.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnoTed12 View Post
My question is simple.

What are the best champs to carry at low elo play? I often play morde and do pretty well, but I usually lose because the adc doesn't get fed. What champs (particularly mid or jungle) can easily carry a team to victory?
Champion with teamfight ability (tends to be AoE cc) strong burst and still have decent sustain damage.

There are a lot of champions that fits into this requirement, namely Kennen, Anivia, and majority of other AP mid.

rikoLash

12-16-2012

Thanks again Ken!

I've bought Jayce today and have been practicing comboing correctly and stringing together abilites from both forms, especially in teamfights. Do you have any tips on building Jayce?

I've been going boots into Brutalized and Phage. Finishing Black Cleaver and then purchasing a Bloodthirster. I'd then finish a Frozen Mallet for the kiting (if required) or save up for the Trinity Force. I'd then finish the bt and get a GA. That's my plan. With Maw mixed in for that pesky fed Ziggs. Any tips?

til Days of Blue

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoLash View Post
Thanks again Ken!

I've bought Jayce today and have been practicing comboing correctly and stringing together abilites from both forms, especially in teamfights. Do you have any tips on building Jayce?

I've been going boots into Brutalized and Phage. Finishing Black Cleaver and then purchasing a Bloodthirster. I'd then finish a Frozen Mallet for the kiting (if required) or save up for the Trinity Force. I'd then finish the bt and get a GA. That's my plan. With Maw mixed in for that pesky fed Ziggs. Any tips?
I am not a strong top player nor I have a good idea of season 3 items yet, so I will prefer not to make any misleading answer.

Qsario

12-16-2012

If you ever do go watching replays to give feedback--and I completely understand if you don't watch any because it takes half an hour or more and you're busy--please watch this one. It's a highly entertaining ranked comeback win

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2604357/

Both of our nexus turrets were down. Several surrender votes failed. I know I made a few utter fail moves I didn't intend to, but it mostly went well and it was crazy as hell. There are some funny baron hijinks in there too.

I was the 0/0/34 Janna. There were only 49 kills total for our team....

BoBBy BuTThoLe

12-16-2012

If I learn to use Anivia a lot better, should I use the following runes:
magic pen reds
flat mr blues
mana regen yellows
flat ap quints

OR

switch yellows with hp/lvl?
and quints with MS quints?

And I would usually go boots/pots, chalice first, tear, rush RoA, finish tear/chalice, then finish the other, then go deathcap. Masteries I'm not sure of.. 21/9/0 or 21/0/9? Too much?

n00boxular

12-17-2012

Hi ken,

I was wondering how to counter flat magic pen. Every Ap mid I building sorc boots, haunting guise, then the penetration from runes and masteries. Early game this is nearly true damage. Should I build HP or MR?

Mansa TChalla

12-17-2012

I think one of my biggest problems right now, is turning around losing games. I've been practicing my bot lane like insane lately, and since I'm not in a jungle or mid position I can't help go to other lanes and gank.

Besides Vayne, what AD carries are viable in this current blink/dash (for ADC) meta that can turn around games? I'm thinking of picking up Trist more because when I pick vayne someone always wants to pick olaf. I also have trouble attack walking, I believe if I could master this whole (attack move) thing then I could deceive a lot of tanky deeps into diving on to me too hard.

People say pick Kog but I can't stand being jumped by the unkiteable HP stackers like Olaf and Irelia. I don't know how to deal with these champs when they get fed or start rolling.

My WIII frozed

12-17-2012

Hello lately i've been playing Nidalee. I found her amazing and really fun to play with. Just killing anybody that you find randomly Right now I know I ain't good with her (even though i always finish 10/3/16 => i could die less) because I just sit in lane farming on the jungler and their top, coming once in a while mid for a gank. SO ze problem is I lose most of my games with a good score, sometimes because I decide not to end and pay that hard, sometimes because i sit too long in my lane, but here's the real deal I don't know how to really play Nid how should i act all through out the game? How do you play Nid in a team fight (I usually sit behind and spear the target we want to kill and heal the best target depending on the situation and picking up kill on people left a bit off their team (Kinda like a predator actually o.o)) Now Note that I play her as AP (I've only played her like around 6 time) i'll try her Ad/bruiser soon and i'm pretty sure she'll be more effective. My first build was taking boots then going sheen right away lich bane and upping my boots in sorc then going hat and late game Ap items. Tehn I tried going Morellos evil tome following with tears and sheen upping my sheen and getting hat. Last game i did i took tears, catalyst, sheen => rod lich and tear Up and after that hat. I'm wondering at what part i should get hat and if getting rod is necessary (I really do think so) and if tear + catalyst is too long before i get my hat. That's about it for Nidalee but i'll ask you another question
I'm currently at 1600 (lost 50 in1h30 ouch thewn stopped) and well the game i've been losing oh and nvm... i'll answer that myself
Err I'd like to know Bot lanes I mean their counters and their strengh. last season when i was 1450 iused to duo bot lane with my friend and i discovered that leona was kinda weak against taric in lane, that tristana is very strong against sona, that nunu counters well when vs a taric but since i'm more playing top and adc these days, i've lost my analectic powah and so i'd like some advice on that. I'd also like advice on team comp. Theres aoe team comp, poking team comp. late game/money comp, initiate comp. I'd like to know when theyMre the strongest in the game what time should not exceed the game. I also think Initiate abilities are really important in game. and yea i'm 1600 right now but would like to reach 1800+ I really think I can by the time you'll answer this post i'll maybe be a 1700+ anyway Cya thanks

My WIII frozed

12-17-2012

Oh and that 1 on 1 tutoring could you help me? o.o