Is Katarina a good option on 3v3

Yes 39 54.93%
No 16 22.54%
Depends... 16 22.54%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Kat on TT... please don't

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caecus Scius

Senior Member

12-15-2012

I have had some very very fun games on Twisted Treeline, but I've also had some terrible ones and there is one thing in common with all the worst games i've seen... KAT.


At this point, I dodge when the Kat player jumps in and autolocks. I would rather sit out for 6 minutes than waste 15-30. I seriously hate it every time I see her on my team. I don't know what it is exactly but I have some ideas and hypothesis.


Kat players are cowards. Her play style lends to sweeping in once the fight is almost over and KSing a triple... or running from team fights that we could have won with help, and causing us to get aced, after they run in after their team mates are dead and try to ult for a triple on their own.

Sure maybe there are some of you that can play kat and do well, but I do not think that you can argue that you did well for your team based on your K/D because she is the biggest KSing champ of them all, and she runs well to evade getting killed (usually at the expense of her team mates).

I feel that she is a fine champ on SR, and even on Dom... but for some reason she doesn't work for me on TT. I'm not a Kat player, in fact I probably don't even own her and I can't remember playing with her even on a free week.


Does anyone agree or disagree with this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lordfrezon

Member

12-15-2012

Kat's problem on TT is the same as anywhere else: she needs kills to do well. If you have a fed Katarina on your team you will probably win. However, the opposite is (unfortunately) true as well: if your Kat goes 0/6 you're screwed and essentially playing 2v3. IMO, she's viable, but only by people who know they are better than their opponents.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaveTheMaids

Senior Member

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfrezon View Post
Kat's problem on TT is the same as anywhere else: she needs kills to do well. If you have a fed Katarina on your team you will probably win. However, the opposite is (unfortunately) true as well: if your Kat goes 0/6 you're screwed and essentially playing 2v3. IMO, she's viable, but only by people who know they are better than their opponents.
Yeah but her cleanup potential is pretty strong.
Similar to Darius, even if she's behind you can't just write her off.

One well placed ult can put her back in the game, turning the tides to her team's favor.

She will have a field day on a team with limited hard CC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rocketdrive

Senior Member

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids View Post
Yeah but her cleanup potential is pretty strong.
Similar to Darius, even if she's behind you can't just write her off.

One well placed ult can put her back in the game, turning the tides to her team's favor.

She will have a field day on a team with limited hard CC.
bull****.

You see this one time, I was hecarim, and this kat was against us. I gave no fuks all game because her damage potential just isn't high enough to threaten me, or the darius, or maokai. When someone finds a build that doesnt require the enemies to build squishy in order to win then I will actualy give sh!ts about kat on 3's. Till then, she is pretty much pre rework eve.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MONKYfapper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2012

calling kat cowards is like calling ad carry front line tanks

kat players have to go in last it will be a 2v3 before the fight even start, the more players she finish up the more damage she will be able to dish out before any real threat happens to her. and the fact you are even talking about ksing....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdrive View Post
bull****.

You see this one time, I was hecarim, and this kat was against us. I gave no fuks all game because her damage potential just isn't high enough to threaten me, or the darius, or maokai. When someone finds a build that doesnt require the enemies to build squishy in order to win then I will actualy give sh!ts about kat on 3's. Till then, she is pretty much pre rework eve.
This one time at band camp...

She might not be the best in 3's but that doesn't mean your one experience is a way to write her off and consider her a pre nerfed Eve. The reason she's not as strong in TT is because her clean up potential is 3 champs instead of 5. It's still possible for her to come back, it's just difficult. Your team comp in your example is ridiculous and one of the reasons people complain about the bruiser meta. You say her damage potential isn't high enough, yet she's considered very op atm by many people. A good Kat will ult at the right time, at the right position and shunpo/w with her passive for cleaning up. Even if her damage is low, she can still kill low health people at the end of a team fight providing her team did their job right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ceazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Kat is fine on TT.

Almost every time I pick her I do well. You must have been matched up with bad players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pineluv

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceazy View Post
Kat is fine on TT.

Almost every time I pick her I do well. You must have been matched up with bad players.
^^

in truth every time i've ran into an enemy katarina on TT they're pretty mediocre. most memorably was one before the season 3 patch, where she built a force of nature for "the movement speed".

more recently, i saw a katarina start with doran's ring.

really though she is fine, but she needs the proper team around her. tt is a lot more sensitive about team comps because of the abundance of teamfights. i'd dodge if someone picked katarina and we had little to no cc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltsee View Post
^^

in truth every time i've ran into an enemy katarina on TT they're pretty mediocre. most memorably was one before the season 3 patch, where she built a force of nature for "the movement speed".

more recently, i saw a katarina start with doran's ring.

really though she is fine, but she needs the proper team around her. tt is a lot more sensitive about team comps because of the abundance of teamfights. i'd dodge if someone picked katarina and we had little to no cc.
Lol, i wonder if that was a game I was in. The enemy Kat stacked 3 dorans rings! We won that game lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hotfire

Senior Member

12-17-2012

It's like when some one picks master yi. Like sheesh, you might get fed, then you might carry . . . But I'd rather you play someone else


12