[Champion Concept] Cilla, the Psyche

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackkat101

12-13-2012

I'll upvote to help balance out those three downvotes.

I really enjoy your champion and would give you a proper review if I had more time. Alas, finals next week and all my free time is going to Shia's lore rework. I hope you keep up the amazing work and don't get too disheartened by the silly trolls.

- Kat

Moby the White

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
Might as well bump it then watch it slowly drift back to page 4 again...
it happens... i think I have stuff on page 10

Seruph

12-18-2012

already have syndra... she doesn't resemble this chick at all IMO. but overall this is cool. It is very unique. One thing i strive for is unique champs and unique means of combat. You have done this sir. Im tired of the mages with weird head pieces and obnoxious cleavage or cahmps like darius and draven. Either way its a novel idea for sure.

let em know what you think im mainly here to improve on my pencils
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2907558

Nysta

12-30-2012

I had two Champion Suggestions and I got no feedback on them from about two weeks later..
To be honest I read your Champion Concept and decided not to comment on it. I'd really like people to comment on mine but I don't really like reading them, then I just skip 50% of what people thought when doing this and don't even get what they were trying to do there.
I think people that actually comment on Champion Concepts just read them a single time and then decide upon what they do. The chance that someone new arrives here, reads this, and comments on it isn't all that high that way. Also you must see the sheer number of Champion Concepts around here (and I have to say that last time I did a Champion Concept there was other threads for it than there is now) which make it unlikely that people ever give you more than a certain amount of feedback.
I like the idea of a Champion using spells and having the target chose the effect of the skill. Psychosis seems to be OP if the target has got Neurosis on it - I hate fears, I hate them ever the more once it becomes aoe fears that deal damage...

Thayen

02-02-2013

ok I promised I would do this because of your very kind review and I shan't back down!

Passive: while I don't find this particularly over powered or anything and I like the general idea, the extra on kill or assist makes it seem like it might stack a little too quickly, and also relies upon snowballing ever so slightly. overall I still find the careful quiet observer waiting to be strike, fairly neat as an idea.

Q: This is a fairly neat Idea for a skill, very nasty but completely counterable if you act quickly, I might propose putting an AP ratio on the necessary damage however as damage scaling at late game could make it easy to dispell with just 1 attack or spell. Just something to consider, you could also attempt some sort of synergy with the passive, though I don't feel that would scale as well late game. on the other hand while neurosis spreading would make it an excellent lane clear it would make it a monster in team fights to some degree. I personally this should have more oomph and hit only one target, but the design is yours to decide upon.

W: While synergy is well and good, having a spell that literally relies on another to work well is... Well it's not good practice. Most skills such as this are ultimate's or passives, Or both (mantra as an example) I would recommend changing this so that it can thrive on its own, but still be used in a helpful manner to the rest of the kit.

E: Love this one, but for it's cooldown and effect it could stand to have a little more range. otherwise I find it very intriguing, though I would love to see some more interaction or use of the copy that appears.

R: This... This is one of the most vicious things I have ever seen, it shows great potential, but the current numbers are a tad too high, dealing massive damage to their entire team if they where bunched up. You also have appeared to neglect the duration of said links, but truthfully this looks like with a few minor tweaks it could be quite impressive.

I would talk more, but saddly my shoulder is giving out and really paining me. At any rate I hope I was helpful and have greatly enjoyed viewing such a creative champion. Goodnight.

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Right, sorry about not getting to this sooner! Got distracted by things. >.>

Quote:
Story:
Cilla was born in Noxus. Her parents could tell she was very clever, even while she was a child. She was intelligent and loved writing, keeping a diary and writing down her thoughts on everything from nature to people. She was kind-hearted and caring, but the environment in which she grew up was not. She saw things a different way than the rest. She became infamous throughout her community for they saw these traits as weakness.

She endured many hardships in her life. She lost her parents at a young age and was abused by her crotchety guardians. Throughout her adolescence, she was manipulated and betrayed by her "friends". After 18 years of torturous mental and physical pain, she had just about had enough when a strange visitor came to her dwelling one night. He had heard of her reputation and saw something unique in her. He asked her about many things. As a result of this conversation, the stranger realized that this girl had a powerful mind and wanted to help her unlock its true potential. He offered a solution for her to be free from her physical suffering in order to release the true potential of her mind. She agreed; what did she have to lose?

As it turns out, the stranger was a summoner in the League of Legends. He proposed a separation of mind and body, binding her soul and mind to spiritual energies. They performed a powerful summoning ritual which drew the energy of her mind and soul out of her body and into a mass of spiritual energy. What emerged was a ghostly figure of the woman she once was. She no longer had feelings, no longer felt pain, and was not limited by the abuse her body would take. In essence, she had transcended humanity and had become a pure embodiment of the mind. She discovered that she could directly communicate with the psyches of humans, able to learn or manipulate them; However, she only used this power to better understand the people she encountered. She only sought knowledge and experience.

She joined the League of Legends as an experiment to understand more about its Champions.
Um...wow. I'm gonna call that a hard-knock life. It feels like a Zaun should be involved in here somewhere though to me. The only thing I don't like is that you say at her transcendence she pretty much had no personality. That feels kind of bland to me, although I guess it makes sense considering her goals now.

Quote:
Passive: Insight - Cilla perceives the weaknesses in her enemies' minds over time, allowing her to deal more damage the longer she has been around them. For every 15 seconds Cilla stays within sight range of an enemy champion, she will permanently deal 1% more damage to them up to a cap of 5/7.5/10% increased at levels 7 and 13. Kills and assists on a champion will apply 2.5% to this passive (still obeying the cap).
Hmm...This feels weak to me, unless it doesn't refresh when you're out of range. The fact that it takes 15 seconds to just do 1% more makes me believe that it doesn't, but I'd like you to confirm. In any case, it seems alright, noticeable and not over-the-top for an innate passive.

Quote:
Q: Neurosis

Range: 650
Mana cost: 60/75/90/105/120
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds

Cilla afflicts a target unit, dealing 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.6*AP) magic damage and inflicting them with Neurosis for 4/3.5/3/2.5/2 seconds. If the target does not deal 150/175/200/225/250 damage before the duration ends, they take up to 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.6*AP) magic damage increased by the percentage of damage they did not deal (at rank 1: If they had 90 damage left on the debuff, that is 60% and they'd take 60% of 70, which is 42), they are feared for up to 2 seconds (1 second base increased by the % remaining on the debuff) and nearby units are also afflicted by neurosis, receiving the same initial damage and debuff (400 range jump). Neurosis can only affect each unit once per cooldown.
Ok...There's a finisher move right there. This doesn't seem too useful for a team fight to me, unless the team fight was ending and the enemy was running. Neurosis also makes me think she's an assassin as well. The thing I don't like about this is why would it cause others to fear? If it's in their mind, I feel that it should only be the one target and that the rest of the team should not be punished for they not fighting. It's guaranteed death if you target someone like support or a runner, and that would turn the tide of a team fight instantly on a Q. If anything, that sort of power should be an ult.

Quote:
W: Psychosis

Range: 600
Mana Cost: 70/90/110/130/150
Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds

Cilla deals 60/95/130/165/200 (+0.6*AP) magic damage to target unit. The target also pulses every second for 3 seconds, dealing 15/24/33/41/50 (+0.15*AP) damage to their allies within 400 range per pulse. (the original target does not take damage from the pulse). If target unit suffers from Neurosis when this spell is cast, this instantly spreads Neurosis to nearby units.
Affecting others besides the initial target again... Please explain to me why mind-based attacks would affects others besides the singular target. :S Anyway, damage seems fine for a nuker for the initial target. Just...really confused on the whole afflicting others thing... x_x;;

Quote:
E: Persona

Range: 750
Mana Cost: 60/75/90/105/120
Cooldown: 15

Cilla makes manifest the persona of the target champion, summoning a spectral copy of that champion at his or her location for 3 seconds and tethers the champion to it (400 range). If the target breaks the tether they are stunned for 1.5 seconds. If the target doesn't break the tether by the time the effect ends, they take 100/140/180/220/260 (+0.8*AP) magic damage.
Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona...Sorry *cough*
Anyway, this seems like a cool concept, but how is the persona controlled? By you alt-clicking? Does the persona attack (Doesn't really say, but I'd like to be sure). Huh...this makes a no-win situation for the target really and I don't like that. A significant stun or some serious damage. This also makes me think she's an assassin again by the way, since she can use this to burst down along with Neurosis and Psychosis. Persona just feels a bit on the strong side.

Quote:
R: Empathy

Range: 650
Mana Cost: 100/150/200
Cooldown: 100/85/70 seconds

Cilla manipulates the mind of target enemy champion, causing it to feel the pain of his or her allies (your enemies). Cilla creates neural links between the target champion and its allied champions within 600 range for 3 seconds, causing 100/200/300 (+80% AP) magic damage to the original target. Each individual link's strength diminishes based on the number of champions linked to the target. The effect of the link causes the original target to also take 40% (+4% per 50 AP) (divided by the number of links created) (minimum 10% +1% per 50 AP) of the (unmitigated) damage dealt to linked champions. Each link has a tether range of 750 units. When a link breaks (from champion death or distance) both champions will suffer 100/200/300 (+80% AP) magic damage (divided by the number of links created) (minimum 25/50/75 +20% AP).

Alternatively, if there are no enemy champions within range of the target, this effect deals an additional 100/200/300 (+80% AP) magic damage after 1 second and snares the target for 1.5 seconds.
Ok, THIS makes others be afflicted make sense.But...wow, that hurts. Even with the damage being divided by the amount of links, damage is ridiculous, especially when a heavy AoE is brought down on everyone. This pretty much spells doom for whoever is afflicted, even if they're the tank I feel. And yikes, the link breaking also does what Persona did? So...you're saying they have to stay in range for an AoE... I guess that does work, but I don't like it personally. I don't mind the isolated-target part though, that's fine.

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
her passive is a permanent buff/debuff.

I really don't see your point you made with Q. The point of the spell is to use it on a target that won't be able to deal enough damage and have it spread to the rest of the team, or you can put it on someone being focused with CC. I can tone down the full effect to 50% instead of 100% if that makes you feel better.

Have you ever been around a crazy person? Feel like going crazy yourself? It's a really complicated idea but people are linked in more ways than one. Sickness of mind and body can spread through those links.

Thank you for explaining it. I guess that does make sense, I've just never personally come face-to-face with something like that in reality. >.>;

The Persona doesn't move. I didn't realize how high I had the damage.

Why does everyone keep thinking that her ult is a heavy aoe spell? The only damage it deals to champions besides the initial target is (rank 1) 100/links. 25 to 4 champs, 33 to 3, 50 to 2, and 100 to one. The initial target is the only one that takes additional damage based on the % of damage dealt to linked targets. How many words do I need to use to make people stop being confused by this? This was meant to be a single target nuke skill, not a massive AoE. It works in conjunction with AoE, but it doesn't deal much AoE damage on its own.
Alright, permanent. That works.

Well, I'd say 50% for anyone not the initial target. The way it seems now to me, it just feels like you could target a support (which normally do not build damage) and they'll be close enough to fear the entire team. I might have also be just been preoccupied with the whole "spreading fear mentally" thing. <_<;;

Yay, Persona and its Social Links.

Well, I didn't think my wording was implying it was an AoE. I just wanted to emphasize how much damage could be done to the one person because of the AoE. End up catching the enemy team in a Glacial Storm, the target is going to feel it, a lot. e_e;

ElementSteel

02-14-2013

Quote:
What if I bumped the total % on the ultimate down to 20? Right now if everyone gets hit by the same AoE, the initial target is going to effectively take 40% more damage from that AoE.
Hmm...yeah, that sounds plausible. At least it shouldn't just demolish someone because of an AoE by that point.