Snowdown Showdown is Here!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dawnzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Holiday Nashor Icon: youíll get this icon for staying off Bad Santa Veigarís naughty list, and spreading holiday cheer this Snowdown
Shopkeeper Icon: the most spirited participants in the holiday icon festivities this Snowdown will unlock this bonus icon after the holiday

Can someone explain in clearer words how to unlock these icons?

Timekiller11

12-14-2012

Am I the only one that really wanted Zilean santa ??? i have never seen the skin ingame and i really want it

Ogmius

12-14-2012

no map change? have a downvote neeks!

Dartkun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

And you display the new Kat recall in the little teaser image.

Seriously Riot, you are really dumb sometimes.

The Blue Scythe

12-14-2012

Instead of complaining about there not being some snow on rift how about giving some exposure to the movement delay players are experiencing and Riot having said nothing about it thus far. Cause for a good number of people it'd be a nice gift to at least be able to play the game without it screwing up on them. There's also still people with connection issues, whole halves of teams go missing because of the servers.

So far there hasn't been any announcements or anything on the issue with broken character movement and as far as i know nothing on the connection issues.

deraldGewayne

12-14-2012

why no lux skin hmm?

Dartkun

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liracy View Post
Yea, thats right Riot, youe ENTIRE holiday sale is getting downvoted because you absolutely REFUSE to listen to the community about the skin's animation.

Sigh.
Damn Liracy. The point is that Riot hasn't responded to ANY of the Kat recall feedback. They clearly don't give a ****. And they want to rub it in our faces. Especially putting the animation right in the teaser.

Humamaiglaa

12-14-2012

how long will these skins be here for?

lankro

12-14-2012

The skins look so beautiful and so awesome and I love the way the model looks on fiddlesticks and im never one to complain but guys am i the only one who thinks they slacked so hard when it came to really changing up the way the fiddle skins skills look? i mean just look at his ult it's pretty much nothing, I don't get it.

Stexe

Adjudicator

12-14-2012

Quote:
Youíll receive a special Snowdown icon for the following actions between now and January 6th:
  • Participating in a five-man premade match in any queue
  • Behaving well in the spirit of the Snowdown season
  • Purchasing RP as a gift for a friend
  • Purchasing a champion as a gift for a friend
  • Purchasing a skin as a gift for a friend
  • Being one of the top participants this Snowdown
Distribution of Snowdown icons will begin a few days after the upcoming patch and may take several days to hit your account after they are earned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Ugh... didn't we go over this before? We don't want special icons that only a few people can get due to doing things that are way beyond the norm. First it was $70 for RP and now it is gifting RP, skins, Champions, and other things? Really?

Is this stuff going to be a one time thing (or nearly one time) like the Harrowing icons?

I'm all for new stuff, but the collectionist in me screams that you're just taking advantage of us... =(

EDIT: What if we already own every Champion? How can a friend gift us a Champion to get the icon? Similar question about gifting RP and skins -- what if we own a ton of RP and every skin we want? Seems like this is separating the super loyal and dedicated players from the rest. =/
*sigh* Guess they went ahead with it anyway. Really, really, really hope this is the last time spending money is involved in getting Summoner Icons (outside of the one for "spending a lot over the course of your account" that you mentioned). Seriously... stahp!