Dominion Video Tutorial - Help Write It!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

12-13-2012

When Gandair brought up making a video about Dominion, I definitely also thought this is something you would have to split up into multiple videos, both for organization and the sheer amount of content that would be covered. In terms of content I'm pretty sure everyone posting in this thread is going to cover everything, but you might want to think about how you plan to implement going through all this.

Are you going to go topic by topic, like grouping A (Picks, team comp, champ strength/tiers), B (Map control, fog of war, bushes) and C (Mechanics - relics/spawn timers/quests/node mechanics), etc.
or are you going to stratify the content by difficulty, like Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced - Tourney Elo - Miscellaneous Tips and Tricks?

I know this sounds like a lot of backseat driving at this point :P. But I hope this really gets some attention from both prospective players, and Riot so that they can push Dominion knowledge and getting people who are just starting the trickle-down knowledge they need to maintain interest and dedication in the game mode.

smXho

12-14-2012

One thing i would hope to make clear to young Dominion players it this

Camping Tower is not the best strategy, camping speed shrine is.
Allows easily answer to bot ganks, and enough speed to prevent back door to mid and top

You would be suprised how often you see low to average elo just sit at top tower all day. It only works when the other team doesn't back door or gank bot. And it sucks if you don't go join them, because you might end up 1 v 4 if they all backdoor

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Thanks for all the great information so far! Keep it coming. Looks like I am going to do a series, I think one video would be a bit much.

FOODFOOD

12-14-2012

If you need a voice-actor, I have experience doing TV and radio commercials. I can send you a demo

And yes, I am selfishly whoring myself out. Or is it called whoring if it's free?

Orphane

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
If you need a voice-actor, I have experience doing TV and radio commercials. I can send you a demo

And yes, I am selfishly whoring myself out. Or is it called whoring if it's free?
Shameless self-promotion for a good cause?

FOODFOOD

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Shameless self-promotion for a good cause?

DG Gormirn

12-14-2012

Yeah one video would be pretty long if you plan on using a lot of visual aids. Seems like everyone chipped in and got everything out there.

A12MO12

12-15-2012

Did not read through all suggestions but for bot lane:

-the objective of a bot laner is to hold their tower, not necessarily to kill enemy laner
-overextending bot can put you in a position to be ganked.
-keep tabs on enemy team, chances are if they are missing they are heading bot.
-If you see an opportunity to harass enemy laner, take it, just don't go all in every chance you get.
-pushing out your lane can allow you to run up and get storm shield if you see your team fighting enemy team top.
-buy health pots/crystalline flask, very important if a champion doesn't have innate sustain.
-Try and control the middle health pack in bot lane, it will allow you to harass more and push the lane harder.
-If you are facing a champ with way more range constantly get speed shrine and stay int he bottom two bushes.

Warlord Buwberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

One thing New players need to know about Dominion, is that Runes and Masteries have to be in sync to do well in the mode.

Runes should always consist of Armor per lvl/Hp per lvl yellows, MR per lvl blues, Magic pen/Armor pen/Duel pen reds, and Scaling ad quins/armor pen quins/magic pen quins/movespeed quins/duel pen quins/ armor, magic resist, or hp scaling or flat quins depending on what class you are.

Masteries are as follows

Ranged Ad- 21-0-9(Runic Affinity), 21-9-0(Vet Scars) 22-7-1(Spellblade), 23-6-1(All O)
Bruisers- same as above
Tanks- 9-21(Magic Pen), 0-29-1(Supa Tank), 0-21-9(Runic Affinity)
Ranged Ap- 22-7-1(spellblade), 21-0-9(Runic Affinity), 21-9-0(Vet Scars)
Ap Bruisers- 22-7-1(spellblade), 9-21(Magic Pen/Tanky)
Assassins- 21-9-0(Vet Scars), 22-7-1(Frenzy), 21-0-9(Runic Affinity).

Next thing is item build.

Any physical dmg- Always, Always, Always start pros blade, boots, 2 pots.

Bruisers- go to cleaver, ghostblade, LW, Trinity Force, While adding lifesteal somewhere in between. Boots are choice

Ranged Ad- Always get IE on most ranged ad and LW with lifesteal. Phandom Dancers on vayne and kog.

Assasins- Same route as bruisers

Tanks- should start with Health crystal, boots, Tome, and pots or health/cdr crystal item, boots and pots. Build into Hextech Sweeper/BFT and then get your Aegis'(Recommended) Sunfires, Abyssal scepters, Randiums, Odyn's veil's(late game only), to balance out your stats.
boots are choice

Ap Caster- Pros ring, boots, pots to start. head straight for BFT and then get Wooglets Witchcap/void/abyssal scepter/rylais. must buy a negatron cloak mid game sometime. Armor doesn't need to be as high, because you can kite. boots are choice

Ap Bruiser- Pros ring, boots, pots to start. RoA or Rylais first for HP, then BFT, Wooglets/Wota/void. Must be tanky enough to do your dmg without running out from cleave dmg/poke in a full on engage, so balance out power with tankiness.

One thing to new players, is that Bruisers will win you in a 1v1 fight almost every time. you need to kite if you have a ranged attack/stick with team. Kiting while doing dmg will put the bruiser lower and lower till you can just stop and burst him down. If your exhausted, run from melee range until it's off as you can't trade well with it on.

Your next biggest thing that will save your life, is just map presence. Know where the enemy is and stay in "Safe spots" unless your grouped. You cannot push a lane in dominion unless you have some eyes from your team watching your back. Melee bruisers will grab the speed shrine and gap close you if you have poor map awareness/positioning.

Always have 2 sources of poke no mater what and keep your teams with at least 1 tank/beefy character, 1 hard caster, and the other 2 can be bruiser, assassin, ranged, or anything in between. But most importantly, you need a strong caster to make them build MR so you can do more dmg on your ad champs.

Strategies- 4 top is the general way to go, but ganking bot(Play safe as you will be outnumbered top and will need to stay near tower or in a safe spot), 4 man into the jungle ambush their team(WARNING! do not do vs trap champs) work just as well.
Backdooring doesn't work at High elo, but if you have a person on the enemy team continuely back dooring, have a dedicated person stay with them and follow them(aka anti-pootering). As long as you stick with him, top fight is 3v3 and is doable. It's like "steal the flag," you know what they want, so just stay near and stealthed until they show up. This works for all rammus', shacos, zileans and other champs that build pure movement speed and want to trick you. Don't be tricked and outsmart them.

Summoner Spells- Always 100% Revive, 2nd spell exhaust, ignite, or garrisan. All work well

Once your Runes, Masteries, Build, and Strats are in place, you'll be able to handle just about anything they throw at you and be able to win alot more, because you have the right core for dominion. SR's core runes/masteries/builds(sometimes builds) do not work here and have to be adjusted.

SkysMoon

12-16-2012

I think this is a great idea. And something I've been considering recently myself. Many people have brought up the likely need for multiple segments of video - and I agree. I think the first video could be an introduction- but it needs to be exciting to draw new players into the mode and to see the fun in dominion. My other segments off the top of my head would be: itemization, what and why champions are strong, knowledge of map/aura differences, point control/defense/attack, and likely others but those are the most important.