Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kwisatz Haderach

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
Sivir has a visible seam along her body. :S
And a walk that makes no sense.

badnickname

12-14-2012

I suggest making an Ugly Baby Trundle skin.

Diapers or pyjamas and a big rattle instead of a club. It fits perfectly with the way he moves.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

12-14-2012
8 of 15 Riot Posts

So I feel like I need to clarify a bit here as GD likes to speculate and go off sometimes. (Speculating and going off is fun btw).
So I am not just trying to figure out what Trundle looks like, I am trying to figure out what Trolls in Runterra look like. Trundle was and is the only Troll we have, and to be honest, I am not a fan of his anatomy as a Troll. He feels almost like a Goblin in my opinion. I would like him to feel a bit more powerful. I acknowledge that many of you like the "Gross" factor. I like it too. I like that He slobbers, I like that he's sort of the "Pig Pen" (peanuts reference anyone?) of the League Roster. I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower. But I also want you to know I am trying to make Gross Leprosy Troll Poop tower look like he can go toe to toe visually with the likes of the newer champs. I also want you to know that he does need some art love, some particle love and some animation love, and by jove, he's gonna get it! I want to keep the things that are endearing about him intact, and build upon those themes. You guys are awesome. And I really do appreciate your passion and candor.

Kwisatz Haderach

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
But I also want you to know I am trying to make Gross Leprosy Troll Poop tower look like he can go toe to toe visually with the likes of the newer champs. I also want you to know that he does need some art love, some particle love and some animation love, and by jove, he's gonna get it! I want to keep the things that are endearing about him intact, and build upon those themes. You guys are awesome. And I really do appreciate your passion and candor.
Ok, awesome! A detail upgrade, tightening up the graphics, etc. That's what I'm interested in. But don't let that stop you from making a skin that makes him handsome as well, since the irony alone makes it interesting, not to mention the unavoidable truth that appearance does have a meaningful influence on lock-in rate.

Lysinc

12-14-2012

Quote:
I also want you to know that he does need some art love, some particle love and some animation love, and by jove, he's gonna get it!
Does this mean you will release him of the delay between his Q and next AA?

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
...Poop tower...
This can be a lot more literal with a certain card-themed skin that may involve clubs.
The Jack of Hearts could use some company. Hint.
Hint hint.
I'll stop now, we know it takes like 4-6 months for production, and we wouldn't want too much hype.

TheUltimate3

12-14-2012

Quote:
So I feel like I need to clarify a bit here as GD likes to speculate and go off sometimes. (Speculating and going off is fun btw).
So I am not just trying to figure out what Trundle looks like, I am trying to figure out what Trolls in Runterra look like. Trundle was and is the only Troll we have, and to be honest, I am not a fan of his anatomy as a Troll. He feels almost like a Goblin in my opinion. I would like him to feel a bit more powerful. I acknowledge that many of you like the "Gross" factor. I like it too. I like that He slobbers, I like that he's sort of the "Pig Pen" (peanuts reference anyone?) of the League Roster. I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower. But I also want you to know I am trying to make Gross Leprosy Troll Poop tower look like he can go toe to toe visually with the likes of the newer champs. I also want you to know that he does need some art love, some particle love and some animation love, and by jove, he's gonna get it! I want to keep the things that are endearing about him intact, and build upon those themes. You guys are awesome. And I really do appreciate your passion and candor.
That's all fine and dandy. But I'm going to point you over to Karma and the innate fear this place has that she is going to be "white-washed" cause nobody wants to sit in the nightmare that will be this forum if her skin gets any lighter.

Kwisatz Haderach

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimate3 View Post
That's all fine and dandy. But I'm going to point you over to Karma and the innate fear this place has that she is going to be "white-washed" cause nobody wants to sit in the nightmare that will be this forum if her skin gets any lighter.
Sun Goddess Karma is black enough

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

12-14-2012
9 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimate3 View Post
I want to stop you right there. Don't be scared. Karma is beautiful Woman of Color, and I will fight (politely in meetings) to keep it so.

MigeruX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Sivir when?