Diana Nerf - A bit drastic

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cycloned

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Cyrus7 View Post
How does the Moonfall nerf make sense? Any nerf to its range makes it melee range, literally. Meaning they are already in front of you, so what's the point of it being a pull if it can't pull anything towards you that's 1 step away?

Now you all know why they put Diana on sale twice in a row.
Because it doesn't need that much range, tbh. It's supposed to be used to bring back fleeing enemies. The combo is

Q - R - W - E

Moonfall doesn't need a big range because you've already teleported to the enemy through R. If the range of E is kept the same, it's dumb because there's no chance of escaping. And if people do escape, just Q - R again and you'll get them.

Neo Cyrus

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloned View Post
Because it doesn't need that much range, tbh. It's supposed to be used to bring back fleeing enemies. The combo is

Q - R - W - E

Moonfall doesn't need a big range because you've already teleported to the enemy through R. If the range of E is kept the same, it's dumb because there's no chance of escaping. And if people do escape, just Q - R again and you'll get them.
Are you trolling or what? It never had a big range. Reducing its range effectively means it can't do what you just said, it can't catch fleeing enemies anymore since it's melee range. The only way to land it anymore is to use it immediately after the R pulling what's ALREADY THERE.

Edit: Lol I had to look you up, now I know you're not a troll, you just don't have any idea about anything of this game and just like to talk. Lvl 24 and you want to give others advice, come back after you've been lvl 30 for a year or two.

Greatest Riven

Master Recruiter

12-13-2012

Thanks for the feedback guys, I respect everyones opinion, and think that many of you bring up a good point.

Stray Logos

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
inb4 Diana's a fighter, not an assassin.
If this is true then remove her ability to instakill squishies, bruisers do not get to do assassin levels of damage, that's broken.

Assassin's are characterized by being squishy high damage units that get in, kill their target, and either get out or die. Diana has assassin level damage while not having to actually leave the fight. That is why she is such a problem so many mids... and indeed for pretty much every lane. I can't actually think of a champ that can actually BEAT her in lane. Go even, sure... prevent her from getting fed, sure... but nobody beats her due to her shield and high ratios/low mana costs that allow her to farm safely.

As I stated in another thread complaining about these nerfs, Diana will be no different. People who know how to position themselves will not be effected by the ult change, and if it really does bother you that much, you can buy a Rylai's to allow you to close the distance when you land a Q.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-13-2012

somebody link me to the patch notes

Invictrix

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Logos View Post
If this is true then remove her ability to instakill squishies, bruisers do not get to do assassin levels of damage, that's broken.

Assassin's are characterized by being squishy high damage units that get in, kill their target, and either get out or die. Diana has assassin level damage while not having to actually leave the fight. That is why she is such a problem so many mids... and indeed for pretty much every lane. I can't actually think of a champ that can actually BEAT her in lane. Go even, sure... prevent her from getting fed, sure... but nobody beats her due to her shield and high ratios/low mana costs that allow her to farm safely.

As I stated in another thread complaining about these nerfs, Diana will be no different. People who know how to position themselves will not be effected by the ult change, and if it really does bother you that much, you can buy a Rylai's to allow you to close the distance when you land a Q.
Actually Diana is more complicated than that.

She has the primary attributes Mage, Melee, Fighter, Jungler, but she has the secondary attributes

Assassin, Dash, Disabler, Interrupt, Shield, and Slow

So yes she is supposed to have both fighter and assassin elements according to Riot.

As for the Diana has no counters argument yes she does

Mordekaiser
Ryze
Swain
Galio
Kassadin
Chogath
Heimerdinger(if heimderdinger counters you you weren't op)

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Logos View Post

Diana doesn't have assassin level damage, its just hard to make her stop doing it.
Those who know how to position themselves will be the first ones effected by the change seeing as now you have to jungle and gank differently. It's going to slow her down and change how she can be played. It may also no longer be possible to do certain jumps though they are going to be changing the jungle in a way that benefits her soon.

Also about the assassins damage. Assassin damage is just enough to kill squishies fast.. some tanks can have that kind of damage, its nothing special. There's alot more to an assassin than damage and diana doesnt have much of that. The only real issue with diana is that she is an AP jungler which is kindof unusual and gives her team comp alot of flexibility. Her ability to go mid is nothing special. So what if she does build a giants belt or whatever. She still has no escapes and not enough power to be a real threat against a smart counterbuild. I suspect that RIOT isn't even nerfing her because she's too strong but rather because her strengths go too far for what they have planned.

Also this nerf seems to mostly effect towerdiving.

Stray Logos

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Diana doesn't have assassin level damage, its just hard to make her stop doing it.

Also about the assassins damage. Assassin damage is just enough to kill squishies fast.. some tanks can have that kind of damage, its nothing special. There's alot more to an assassin than damage and diana doesnt have much of that. The only real issue with diana is that she is an AP jungler which is kindof unusual and gives her team comp alot of flexibility. Her ability to go mid is nothing special. So what if she does build a giants belt or whatever. She still has no escapes and not enough power to be a real threat against a smart counterbuild. I suspect that RIOT isn't even nerfing her because she's too strong but rather because her strengths go too far for what they have planned.

Also this nerf seems to mostly effect towerdiving.
She does not have assassin level damage? Explain this to me then, because I just got out of a game vs a Diana where this scenario happened. I'm Elise mid, and obviously stomping Dianna pre lvl 6 because Elise early game is kinda rediculous. The moment she hits lvl 6 she has 1 dorans and some tier 1 boots. I come back into the lane with sorc boots and I believe a ruby crystal and we are both level 6 with full HP. She bum rushes me through my minion wave, lands a Q, shield + ult = dead. All of this was under my tower and she ate 2 tower shots, my human and spider Q, and my human W.

She walked away with more than half her HP. To me that seems like assassin level damage. Hell it reminds me of the days when Akali was fotm before the gunblade nerfs. From that point on in the laning, even though we were even in kills and minion deaths at level 6, I was unable to even go into my lane without having her jump on me (sometimes without using Q first, she would use it point blank so it cant miss), and instakill me. I had to have my jungler camp the lane for a while just to allow myself to get minions.

Now you bring up a point where you are saying she is doing damage with just a giant's belt, but its ok because she has no escapes. There are a large number of mids who have 0 escapes, but they don't get the kind of free stats that Dianna has. "She's melee"? Well her low cost, low cooldown, high damage Q allows her to last hit minions and farm waves effectively. Other mages don't get ridiculous base damage, AND ridiculous base stats while also having defensive steroids.

Also @ Invictrix, I know this discussion is spanning multiple threads so I'll just repeat what I said in another one... none of those champs outright counter Diana. Some might be able to survive the lane against her, but none of those champs are simply easy to counter her with. I'm also confused why people keep saying Heimer counters her. I've seen that in a number of places, but I've yet to see a reason why. His turret damage is negligible and he brings so little to the game outside the laning phase that in a real match, using him to counter pick a strong champ like Diana is just making the game into a 4v4 (assuming he completely shuts her down).

GurkenMAN

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Cyrus7 View Post
I lost IP and RP. I want a refund but I only have 2 refunds left, and I have a feeling sending in a support ticket is going to result in them replying with a resounding "**** you, use your only 2 refunds". This is worse than deleting a character, at least then they wouldn't leave its dead body behind to mock you.

Does this hurt?^^

xbabytigerX

12-14-2012

I want my money back, i want my money bavk. Jus enjoy the nerfs.

123456 ... 9