Nami Lore feels incomplete

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morec0

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreeGR View Post
if u put it that way,why xerath would join lol?to gain power and free his self of his chains,while he knows that the "summoners" will never let him get that power?
why zed joined lol?to kill shen,while shen is the one who should seek revenge on zed?
anivia?joining lol to bring other ice elementals?pls
and the most annoying of all,champs who dont even actually have a lore,like karthus,shaco and eve
They make the decision to try and join because it is one of their best options to try and do it. Without the League Xerath would have to travel who-knows-how-far to reach another nexus of power like the ones the League owns, and potentially never find one at all.

As for Zed; remember, he's a ninja and assassin, pretty much a shoe in to sneak around the vision of the Summoners and kill Shen from the Shadows without them noticing. Plus he is also the leader of an academy that he wants to grow in power, so he'll be looking for a way to impress potential recruits: the League.

As for Anivia is there because she wants to fulfill her natural role as a protector, and don't forget that the League ALSO and primarily serves as a means of settling disputes without unnessescary bloodshed (my above theory merely suggestions a growing corruption in a system without checks and balances, which, based on real-life examples, is sure to happen eventually).

But Karthus, Shaco, and Eve are pretty straightforward (aren't they?) to kill. This is intently obvious with Shaco, and it works over and over again since the Summoners are just able to ressurect Champions on the field for him to kill again. I have a large theory regarding the two Shadow Isles champions mentioned (Karhtus and Eve) but

Eastsidebaleen

12-11-2012

Nami. The tidecaller.

Horcrux

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morec0 View Post
You ever see a lake large enough to not only house but to act as a toilet and food supply for an entire civilization? As for the more open ocean; again, not enough resources.
Hogwarts Black Lake has a large population of mermaids living within it

Morec0

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noscus View Post
Hogwarts Black Lake has a large population of mermaids living within it
Different fantasy universes, ergo the rules are different for League Mermaids (which even go by a different name; the "Marai") than HP's mermaids. The Harry Potter universe tends to throw logic to the wind and give us the explanation of "magic is as magic does," but with the League universe there seem to be a set of rules to it; everything functions in a similar way under similar principles and different ways under different principles, like real-world physics.

I may be proven easily wrong with a simlple citation of something I've overlooked, but my base point still stands: different universes, different creators, and they can do what they so please to with their universe (even if we all sometimes disagree).

Lait1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Here is a question, Which City-state is she championing for?

Cerulean Laser

12-17-2012

Riot needs a Lore Department that will update the Lore of the 109 Champions in LoL and add new chapters to the Journal of Justice. I want to know how Tyrant Swain and the Black Rose are going to be stopped.

ZodiarkSavior

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LothlÝrien View Post
There is no explanation of why she joined the league of legends. All it says is that she vowed never to return to the sea until she had completed the Tidecallers quest.

If I have somehow missed something please point it out but If not I really think the lore should be updated and give an explanation to why she joined the league.
Most likely, she proposed a deal with the high Summoner's.

She becomes a Champion on the Fields of Justice while they aid her in acquiring her stone.

Many champions do this.

ZodiarkSavior

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callynn View Post
Why is she wasting her people's time fighting instead of searching. Or better yet, if she can live on land, why don't her people leave that hazardous deep sea.
League matches are few and far in between.

At least according to canon.

Anaexe

12-19-2012

Its easy to see why shes connected to Leona/Diana.

She needs a Moonstone. She went to the cove and the Moonstone-Bearer or w/e did NOT come.

What else is connected to the Moon? The Lunari (Diana's Sect). Who were wiped out by the Solari(thus relationship to Leona). Which is why no one brought the Moonstone to trade with her.

So she'll probably have to find Diana.

Disgruntler

12-21-2012

As for why she's in the League...

...well she's a support. What do supports find themselves buying tones of?

Philosopher's Stones.
Sight stones.
Kindle Gems.

Supports buy a LOT of rocks. Maybe she figured that it's a good place to start. Just keep supporting and grabbing rocks until she finds a clue or the right one falls into her fishy lap.