You can't get banned for having a bad game-- are you kidding me?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

12-13-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Might I remind everyone here that (As Lyte has explained numerous times, I might add) the only way to show up in the tribunal in the first place was to have numerous reports- more than any other Summoner.

You had an attitude in the second game OP, if you are in the tribunal at all it means you have demonstrated a pattern of this behavior.

This is largely true. We've found that the Tribunal is really good at weeding out players who consistently display toxic behavior.

But one part the system could do better is in displaying this toxic behavior more clearly to players who will say anything to make themselves look innocent.

It's no secret that after you've received MANY reports, in MANY games, from MANY people, the system will then go through your Reported Games and randomly select them for a Tribunal case.

In some cases these games can be slam dunks, in other cases they may not be as clear cut. But if you get a guilty judgement you shouldn't just assume you were banned for "two games". A player is never banned simply for “two games”

In this case?

Well, two games were not the reason behind getting a Tribunal Case in the first place. We know that players have bad games. We’ve actually built the Tribunal System with this idea in mind.
That’s not what happened here. In fact, since the previous 3 Day suspension the player has been reported in over 45 games.

Over 45 Games? That's toxic behavior that affects over 405 players in League of Legends.
Think about that. 1 player vs. 405 ruined experiences in League of Legends.

Some of the things that most likely resulted in crossing the threshold to generate a Tribunal Case?

Well, half way through the game selling all of your AP Items on a caster and buying AD Items just to spite your team mates isn’t a very nice thing to do.

Afking at the Fountain because your Surrender Vote failed is another pretty effective way to gain reports and lose friends too.

Running in the jungle and using your character's Ult on creeps and minions to purposely anger your teammates? Yeah, that will probably do it too.

It’s a shame that those games were not among the randomly selected to be shown here. Because then we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation.

You mentioned that you had learned your lesson from your previous 3 day ban, but I'm not sure I believe you. Obviously you've cut back on the toxic speech, which is great. But there's a lot of way you can be a jerk to your team mates. And if you're not ready to be a teamplayer and treat others with the respect they deserve then perhaps you can really use this 7 day suspension to reflect more on what else you can do.

Because right now, what you're doing isn't working.

Reedonidas

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by how2pley View Post
Do you strive to be an idiot or is it something that comes naturally to you?

His pick is completely, 100% irrelevant unless he specifically has said he's picked a specific character as a sole means to troll his team.

What he said is so tame it wouldn't offend your average middle schooler in real life. But ******* are on a huge power trip because of how ridiculous the standards of the Tribunal are.

I doubt you even actually read that thread. Also if Riot sifts through thousands of games played they can find a reason to justify any ban, they'll maintain a ban for something as simple as, "gg noob" in an unreported game.
It ruined other people's experiences, who are you to say it's acceptable? Clearly the majority of this community that takes the time out to do selfless Tribunal work didn't enjoy his behavior, and didn't want to play with him. A majority of voters found his behavior toxic.

Seriously ask yourself: if you had time for just one game, you played and someone ruined it for you - literally ruined it, like 0-13 ruined it - no matter WHAT their pick was, when you said, "why are you ruining my game?"

and they said, "u mad?"

You wouldn't report that person? Even his enemies reported him. If someone ruins a game and harasses anyone else AT ALL I will always vote punish. Have fun, but not at other's expense.

Mr Richard101

12-13-2012

Quote:
This is largely true. We've found that the Tribunal is really good at weeding out players who consistently display toxic behavior.

But one part the system could do better is in displaying this toxic behavior more clearly to players who will say anything to make themselves look innocent.

It's no secret that after you've received MANY reports, in MANY games, from MANY people, the system will then go through your Reported Games and randomly select them for a Tribunal case.

In some cases these games can be slam dunks, in other cases they may not be as clear cut. But if you get a guilty judgement you shouldn't just assume you were banned for "two games". A player is never banned simply for “two games”

In this case?

Well, two games were not the reason behind getting a Tribunal Case in the first place. We know that players have bad games. We’ve actually built the Tribunal System with this idea in mind.
That’s not what happened here. In fact, since the previous 3 Day suspension the player has been reported in over 45 games.

Over 45 Games? That's toxic behavior that affects over 405 players in League of Legends.
Think about that. 1 player vs. 405 ruined experiences in League of Legends.

Some of the things that most likely resulted in crossing the threshold to generate a Tribunal Case?

Well, half way through the game selling all of your AP Items on a caster and buying AD Items just to spite your team mates isn’t a very nice thing to do.

Afking at the Fountain because your Surrender Vote failed is another pretty effective way to gain reports and lose friends too.

Running in the jungle and using your character's Ult on creeps and minions to purposely anger your teammates? Yeah, that will probably do it too.

It’s a shame that those games were not among the randomly selected to be shown here. Because then we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation.

You mentioned that you had learned your lesson from your previous 3 day ban, but I'm not sure I believe you. Obviously you've cut back on the toxic speech, which is great. But there's a lot of way you can be a jerk to your team mates. And if you're not ready to be a teamplayer and treat others with the respect they deserve then perhaps you can really use this 7 day suspension to reflect more on what else you can do.

Because right now, what you're doing isn't working.
Alright, bold point #1, This person WAS banned for two games. The Tribunal had no access to the other reports, so saying he wasn't banned for "two games" is completely wrong.

Bold point #2, how do you just assume that players had their experiences ruined, simply because OP received that many reports? I mean, you might have an argument if reports were always valid, but even in the OP's reform card you have 1 out of the 2 that was completely asinine.

Bold points #3 and #4, not that I'm calling you a liar, but we as the community have no evidence to see exactly what happened here. Not only that, but it's unfair to circumnavigate the entire Tribunal process in order to make it seem like the Tribunal isn't a problem and OP got a justified ban. You want to use these as evidence? Remove OP's ban, personally assemble a tribunal case, and send it back to the Tribunal.

Garnet

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caristinn View Post
Hey, you know how Riot says that saying "stop feeding" is toxic?

That's basically what they're telling me. lol. I don't even know why people are arguing that the chat log is why they reported, it was because of my score in game 2.
I'm not saying they were right or wrong; I have no opinion on this case one way or the other.

However...
You chose a silly support. You went 0/13/5. In one of the reports it says that you were purposefully giving kills. The reviewers are going to see that, see your score, see your pick, and assume that you were trolling/feeding. Was that necessarily the case? I guess we wouldn't know unless we were actually in the game, but unfortunately, when reviewing tribunal cases, that's all one can go off of.

Again, not saying they were right or wrong, but I can see why someone might have assumed you were trolling there and hit punish. I doubt it was because you had a bad game.

[edit]

oh lol too late
good job WookieeCookie

Akava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Upvoting in the interest of seeing a red reply. I saw no evidence of intended trolling. Only non-meta play and a bad game score.

With the evidence at hand, I would hit pardon because there is still a shadow of doubt and that isn't enough to be found guilty.

Nybass

12-13-2012

WookieCookie does a good job, but man, it doesn't have the sting if the smite comes from Pendragon himself.

Diagnosis

12-13-2012

The wookie has spoken.

Tigrian

12-13-2012

The cookie is, as always, delicious.

Reedonidas

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richard101 View Post
it must be hard to take things out of context, lee sin was bullying her for doing poorly, and she wasnt even hostile in her responses. nothing wrong here.
I like how you left out the, "I won my other games doing this, mad?" part.

Darkvolcan

12-13-2012

What the red said, in other words, was:

"instapunishers happened to be right, despite there being absolutely no evidence against the OP.
Because the OP ended up in the tribunal, he was reported countless times, and deserves to get banned regardless of what the tribunal thinks.
The tribunal is a massive failure."