Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crownface

12-13-2012

Can I just make a fondant sculpture and then crumble a graham cracker on the base and call it creative?

AlcQc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

So , this time if I live in Québec can I take a chance a make an epic creation ? :3

SnowCannon

12-13-2012

Just questions...

How will Riot know if the gingerbread, graham crackers, or Christmas cookies are edible? By videos? I don't know how Riot will do o.o Otherwise people (who don't know how to bake) that are interest in this event can take just plastic, paper, and some paint and the food will be ready for the picture xD

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

holy hell those prizes. time to brainstorm, thank draven finals are over

Corran

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeshooterXiggy View Post
It's ten people, why do you care if they win skins for winning a big holiday event? There shouldn't be any "word", it's not like everyone can win it.
It's actually 10 - 30 people. I'm not sure how they will split the prizes on these, but it's not insignificant, especially in light of the year 1 snowdown skins. I would be a little more ok with this if I had more confidence in Riot's ability to judge, but I really don't. This quote sums it up for me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownface View Post
Can I just make a fondant sculpture and then crumble a graham cracker on the base and call it creative?
Because that's basically what happened last time we had a food contest. It was less about the food and who could create the best sculpture. The majority of the contests here are skewed severely towards those with artistic skill. There's maybe one contest I can with in a year without piggybacking on someone else's work.

I own all of the year 1 snowdown skins. Those skins are rare enough that 10 more active skins of each is significant.

I would at least like Riot to show that they have learned from their top 10 fondant sculptures and will show that they can judge fairly this time.

WiseCraker

12-13-2012

Can I use cake and fondant for some of the sculpture? Or can I only use gingerbread, graham crackers and christmas cookies

Jav E Cakez

12-13-2012

Welp time to learn how to use icing as well as a pencil.

ecstaSTEVE

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jav E Cakez View Post
Welp time to learn how to use icing as well as a pencil.
your name has cake

Cashew Attorney

12-13-2012

Are there any rules considering the visibility of the cookie? Like, does the cookie have to be a feature that you don't have to 'look for' or can it be underneath fondant?

Kothelion

12-13-2012

I'm so excited I finally saw this BEFORE it ended. Seems like that always happens but this year my fiancee and I are DEFINITELY entering something!! Now to cook up some ideas!