Is AP Varus a legitimate build.

Yes 110 63.95%
No 62 36.05%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Why is AP Varus a troll build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lycanblu

12-13-2012

It's a tradeoff of early game dominance for late game extreme nuking potential.

For the record though, Blighted quiver does not function like silver bolts, blighter quiver can apply stacks to as many targets as are present with no limitation, which is why Runnan's is recommended item on him.

with only around 200 ap, he can take out 30% of a targets health with a full blight application, push out about 550 team fight AoE magic CC damage, and has relatively hard hitting basic attacks, ALMOST on par with the AD counterpart. The AD counterpart excelling in self sustainability(through lifesteal) and quick pokes through the AD scaling long reaching abilities.

CaptainFurious

12-13-2012

i usually build varus hybrid, a gunblade, triforce, and rageblade give me all the ap i need and pump his stats through the roof

IonDragonX

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFurious View Post
i usually build varus hybrid, a gunblade, triforce, and rageblade give me all the ap i need and pump his stats through the roof
Hybrid can be as simple as a Hurricane, BoRK and Deathcap. it works.

Rindin14

12-16-2012

So how many of the people who have commented on this thread actually play AP Varus i wonder?

RockJockey

12-16-2012

Soviet Swain Approves AP Varus
-Rockjockey

Rindin14

12-16-2012

yay iv'e been approved by Soviet Swain.....whoever that is

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

because people are insufferable drones who don't understand that standard isn't the only viable build. Same trolls who thought ap yi was useless unviable until M5 wrecked a game with it.
Usually it's the same guys who repeatedly think tier list actually matters at their league cause they're pro player wannabes

Ansaa

12-17-2012

I like playing Varus and would enjoy learning how to play him as Ap or hybird, so could you write a basic guide?

By which I mean skilling order, and item order. Thanks!

SPIKERZ

12-18-2012

you want to know why this is a troll build? This community is not opened to new builds/possibilities. Majority of players out there just blindly follow the Meta. When the Meta changes and the old system is no longer "viable" They'll complain about not using the new system saying the old Meta sucks. Here's a perfect example, for the longest time it was common to go Ashe mid. Now it is looked as a troll move. People just blindly follow others.If you want more proof look at the comments on the new spotlights Phreak no longer gives a recommended build. Why? This new season forces you to be creative and build items in a situational sense. Down vote if you must but this does not change the fact that i'm right. Give it awhile this current Meta will change and the New players will scrutinize the old for running the old laning roles.

I SUPPORT AP VARUS!

knormanx

12-18-2012

I've gone ap varus top a few times(after arguing to my mates about how its not trolling) and stomped the enemy. Assuming the opponent doesn't have a ridiculous gap closer(jax, fio, renek) then you will stomp them.