This forum quality pisses me off

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Semper Damnatus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

i thought you were going to diss OT for a second.

Kohana Sushi

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSammich View Post
Probably not, that's why from a business perspective what we have is the best option. Have you seen how fast general discussion moves? New threads fall off the front page in literally seconds.

Here's your options

A. Hire 30 people full time to sit around looking at the forums all day.

B. disable avatars and signatures.
C. Only allow avatars provided by Riot.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity Flowers View Post
C. Only allow avatars provided by Riot.
Dibs on Riot Girl Tristana.

Rahgar

12-13-2012

I agree with most of this, but we REALLY don't need avatars or sigs. I really don't need to know who your favorite anime character is, and I really don't need some huge technicolor block of stupid below every post.

Athene

12-13-2012

Sigs
Youtube parser
login redirection

i want em all

Athene

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahgar View Post
I agree with most of this, but we REALLY don't need avatars or sigs. I really don't need to know who your favorite anime character is, and I really don't need some huge technicolor block of stupid below every post.
Some people enjoy looking at sigs though, and it'd bring a new community of people here; signature makers.

TheTinyTinyHippo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceverance View Post
Some people enjoy looking at sigs though, and it'd bring a new community of people here; signature makers.
That already exists.
):

For some ungodly reason.
A whole community of people who make LoL themed signatures on DeviantArt. I'm assuming it's for clan websites though.

I think text-only sigs would be okay. I'm not a fan of them either.

Captain Jack32

12-13-2012

Agreed, the forums are fairly horrible. I would also like a way to see the posts or threads that I have made (if that feature already exists I can't find it for the life of me).

AncientRune

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSammich View Post
Probably not, that's why from a business perspective what we have is the best option. Have you seen how fast general discussion moves? New threads fall off the front page in literally seconds.

Here's your options

A. Hire 30 people full time to sit around looking at the forums all day.

B. disable avatars and signatures.
Or better
C: selectively handpick some trusted and helpful members to become voluntary moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahgar View Post
Then what's the big question mark block and its small friends on its side doing?
better remove it, it saves bandwidth too.
its not a must to having huge ass sigs and avatars, even simple mini avatars and text-based sigs a-la teamliquid forums is already enough to give every member its own persona and theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
Avatars look tacky anyways. If I ran a low traffic forum I wouldn't allow them.
Lo-fi version forums exists for that, if money is the reason, I don't think Riot has any money problems.
They have enough for summoner showcases and biweekly champion and skin release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceverance View Post
Agree here, members here doesn't know how powerful and awesome the power of community here is. Especially SIG MAKERS.
On every forum I went, they are always helpful and a big part of the forum, making and providing members sigs and avatars based on requests for free, not to mention the occasional sig contests. Sorry if that don't interest you, Personally I like looking at those things.

Another side note, I just realized this forum doesn't even have the PM and VM function. What. The. Hell.

Teh holiday beef

12-14-2012

I like the no sig. thing tbh.

No more massive anime pics taking up the entire screen.