That moment when you realize how OP Liandry's is on Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soraka Goes Mid

12-13-2012

and everyone is too focused on Black Cleaver to notice.

DemoniccAngell

12-13-2012

That moment you realize that its even better on cassiopea.

JRiMi

12-13-2012

Teemo has everyone beat on the liandrys train lol.

first time Vayne

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiMi View Post
Teemo has everyone beat on the liandrys train lol.
Not at all. His shrooms deal the reduced damage. Plus, shrooms are really only useful for two things: psychological warfare and finishing off low health opponents as they flee. If the opponent has low health, then Liandry's does next to no damage, as it deals its damage based on % of current health. If they are above one or two shrooms from death, then adding on that extra 5% damage from Liandry's will make no difference whatsoever to the unfolding of the game.

^ I'll reiterate that although the Shroom's slow procs Liandry's for 10% damage, the fact that it is aoe cuts the duration, and thus the number of damage ticks, in half, reverting back to 5% damage.

Liandry's is also very expensive to be built in the early game. It delays Malady, which has already been nerfed for the early game, as well as other high AP / AS items that Teemo needs to be effective.

And a point you should have caught onto by now... Teemo only has 2 damaging spells, and thus 2 ways to proc Liandry's. If you are good at playing Teemo, then you will harass enough such that you will not notice the 5% of current health damage done by Liandry's on Blinding Dart. And I have already argued for why Liandry's is useless on shrooms...

It's wasted gold dude. Get your Malady and Deatchap that much faster, then go poop on the Liandry's Teemo as he struggles to scale up his mid game damage.

first time Vayne

12-13-2012

But I shall not let this thread degrade into another Teemo hate thread.

Omgosh, Liandry's + Rylai's would be really good on Karthus. Your Q turns into some killer harass. Not to mention that little extra bump when you instagib that half health Deceiving Shaco from across that map with your ult.

I personally like Liandry's on Katarina. I rush Rylai's on her anyway, so there is natural synergy. The early Guise gives her that much more damage and health, and then the finished pair improves her weak harass quite a bit.

Leonixxiii

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroXc View Post
and everyone is too focused on Black Cleaver to notice.
Thornmail + Liandry's > Black Cleaver (Yes TM will proc L'sT)... Add in Rylai's, or F.Mallet, and its all gravy.

UnblestDevotee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Just saying it's best on morde with the morellomican his ult now deals and extra 5-10% of their hp *Depending on rylai's* and the morello will stop life steal from saving them :P.

JRiMi

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
Not at all. His shrooms deal the reduced damage. Plus, shrooms are really only useful for two things: psychological warfare and finishing off low health opponents as they flee. If the opponent has low health, then Liandry's does next to no damage, as it deals its damage based on % of current health. If they are above one or two shrooms from death, then adding on that extra 5% damage from Liandry's will make no difference whatsoever to the unfolding of the game.

^ I'll reiterate that although the Shroom's slow procs Liandry's for 10% damage, the fact that it is aoe cuts the duration, and thus the number of damage ticks, in half, reverting back to 5% damage.

Liandry's is also very expensive to be built in the early game. It delays Malady, which has already been nerfed for the early game, as well as other high AP / AS items that Teemo needs to be effective.

And a point you should have caught onto by now... Teemo only has 2 damaging spells, and thus 2 ways to proc Liandry's. If you are good at playing Teemo, then you will harass enough such that you will not notice the 5% of current health damage done by Liandry's on Blinding Dart. And I have already argued for why Liandry's is useless on shrooms...

It's wasted gold dude. Get your Malady and Deatchap that much faster, then go poop on the Liandry's Teemo as he struggles to scale up his mid game damage.
All this wall of text to try and disprove something that even pro players are on board with. If they jump on you you lay a shroom and it chunks them for an easy kill. If you see someone step on a shroom go after them. If jungler tries to gank shroom nearly half bars them sends them back to base and puts them behind. Start a trade with Q chunk them hard. Its very strong on teemo soo gtfo trying to act all smart.

Intellectional

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonixxiii View Post
(Yes TM will proc L'sT)
Wait, what? Brb playing Singed.

Snipawolfe

12-13-2012

Liandry's + Rylai's on Amumu is really the only combo I can think of that makes Liandry's good. I see people rush Liandry's and I'm like "Why would you do that? It's pitiful on Morde/TF/Kat/burst champs"