if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZRKBBLADE

12-12-2012

Great. I thought 3 was a bit too much tpp. Thx for all the replies mate.

Martyrofsand

12-13-2012

So since the patch I've gone completely undefeated in every game with Shyvana while absolutely destroying enemy junglers, snowball most of my lanes, and completely controling the map through wards.

Is there any other jungler than can even compare to what Shyvana is capable of right now, and is she as OP as it feels?

BoBBy BuTThoLe

12-13-2012

I play AP mid and I am stuck in the 1300 range- seem to cannot get out.

My best three mids are kat, karthus, and anivia. Other mids I play are morg, LB, cho. I can usually counter my mid opponent with my three best, but if not I rotate the other two.

I have many problems though. First: Kat. Even if I go 6-0 with decent CS in the beginning, late game comes around and I die in a few hits. I get GA and play more offensive on her but if the game doesn't end early it's hard for me to stay alive even if I get a ton of dmg in.

#2 Karthus. Usually I stay far back and farm but that leads me to getting no kills. The time I do get kills is when I wait for my ult from another lane. Is Karthus more of a farm laner?

#3 Anivia. I LOVE Anivia.. absolutely love. I know she is in my top 3 because I love and am pretty good with Anivia. BUT, I just NEVER pick anivia because of my mana problems!! I always conserve my mana and try to farm by AA, throwing in a perfect combo early game here and there. That combo always bring me to half mana! If I don't get blue early I am screwed! I grab that little grail thingy for mregen but do you recommend Anivia and my ELO? I know she is amazing for utility but why bring utility if you can't rely on others to get fed??

Another main question is- do you REALLY think my role being mid and at my elo is based on the skill of the player? I think that, but I think it has to do muchhh more with counter picks. Who would YOU choose as a safe and carry-able pick for my elo at mid???

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredMesa View Post
So since the patch I've gone completely undefeated in every game with Shyvana while absolutely destroying enemy junglers, snowball most of my lanes, and completely controling the map through wards.

Is there any other jungler than can even compare to what Shyvana is capable of right now, and is she as OP as it feels?
I'm a big shyvana player as well, sitting on 80% win rate atm.

Honestly hecarim mao and naut all feel much stronger this patch. Try those guys out. Mao clears almost as fast as shyv now, and hec does too for sure.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBBy ******** View Post
I play AP mid and I am stuck in the 1300 range- seem to cannot get out.

My best three mids are kat, karthus, and anivia. Other mids I play are morg, LB, cho. I can usually counter my mid opponent with my three best, but if not I rotate the other two.

I have many problems though. First: Kat. Even if I go 6-0 with decent CS in the beginning, late game comes around and I die in a few hits. I get GA and play more offensive on her but if the game doesn't end early it's hard for me to stay alive even if I get a ton of dmg in.

#2 Karthus. Usually I stay far back and farm but that leads me to getting no kills. The time I do get kills is when I wait for my ult from another lane. Is Karthus more of a farm laner?

#3 Anivia. I LOVE Anivia.. absolutely love. I know she is in my top 3 because I love and am pretty good with Anivia. BUT, I just NEVER pick anivia because of my mana problems!! I always conserve my mana and try to farm by AA, throwing in a perfect combo early game here and there. That combo always bring me to half mana! If I don't get blue early I am screwed! I grab that little grail thingy for mregen but do you recommend Anivia and my ELO? I know she is amazing for utility but why bring utility if you can't rely on others to get fed??

Another main question is- do you REALLY think my role being mid and at my elo is based on the skill of the player? I think that, but I think it has to do muchhh more with counter picks. Who would YOU choose as a safe and carry-able pick for my elo at mid???
#1. Lilianas torment, abyssal, rylai, zhonya, rabadon, and you should be super tanky and deal lots of damage. You can swap zhonya for GA if you aren't very fed. Also make sure you do your damage and get out, some lower elo kats tend to cast spells and like, keep auto attacking or something, idk.

#2. Karthus and morde are the best farmers in the game. You can hit 250 cs by 20 min with them np. You get fed by waiting. Keep practicing your last hitting.

#3. Don't use your ult to farm unless you have blue. Don't keep your ult on for even a second if they aren't taking damage from it. Don't miss Q. Dont use your E without the combo bonus. Go athenes and archangel and you should be good on mana. You generally run into mana problems when you waste or miss spells. Anivia is actually pretty mana efficient, considering she does such HUGE damage. Sure her mana costs are high, but it's for a very good reason. Anivia is also great for carrying low elo games if you are really good with her.

#4 yes. Elo ranges bigger than about 150 have a big and easily seen difference in the skill of the players 95% of the time. If you truly don't belong in your elo, and are consistently a positive influence, your elo WILL go up OVER time. You are probably just an average player and that's ok. 1300 aint that bad. I also think it's more about skill than counter picking until you get very high in elo, bc if you are much better than your opponent, you will overcome all handicaps.

AmericanMook

12-13-2012

i wish u could watch me jungle and tell me why im completely awful :'(

Bravest Leader

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMook View Post
i wish u could watch me jungle and tell me why im completely awful :'(
Join the chatroom bro

Bravest Leader

12-14-2012

bump for friday

rikoLash

12-14-2012

Yo Cardboardowl, I've recently decided to expand my roster (I'm not ranked yet though, lvl 23 and working on it xD). Is it possible for you to compose a list of champions that are easy to carry with without requiring much farm? For example Renekton, Rumble who can really win lane early on, instead of champs like Jax or Irelia who need to wait till late game or until getting fed to really make an impact?

Thanks in advance

NefariousNomad

12-14-2012

Look at my runes and masteries. Thoughts?

Also. Do you feel its better to play a champ and role that you like or to ride the fotm train? Example, I love twitch but ppl also complain I don't go graves vayne ezreal. I think I'm getting better at my game play and just don't know if I couod carry harder with a stronger ADC. Even if I'm fed and up 4-5 kills early in game, it seems as if I need to still work. Where as if I'm in a game with a fed champ they just 3 shot, etc.

Thanks.