So tired of Teemo on this map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gabe2

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdrive View Post
Do inform me of a good form of MR since they REMOVED FoN
They buffed Spirit Visage up to 50 MR(Up from 30), 15% CDR (up from 10%), and a 20% boost on all self-heals (up from 15%)-> includes your passive HP regen. The trade-off is a price tag of 2200 gold instead of 1550 gold, and it only grants 200 HP (down from 250.)
Also, Twin Shadows grants 30 MR, 50 AP, +5% move speed, and an active that can slow hostile champs for only 1900 gold.
Then, if you're doing an AP-heavy champ, there's always good ol Abyssal Scepter, and Chalice of Harmony into Athene's Unholy Grail.
Banshee's Veil is nice on almost any champ. (ESPECIALLY if you are hating on the shrooms- i am positive Banshee's spell shield can block a shroom.)
Then there's always (Obviously, but i feel it deserves a mention) Mercury's Threads.
AS champions will obviously want Wit's End.
I think that's about it for now.... I REALLY miss my good ol' Force of Nature (ESPECIALLY on Singed- who i play everywhere and have from level 13 up. So i didn't just pick him up because he's now slightly more OP than he was historically.) but there are things to replace it. The only thing i truly miss from it and i don't have a replacement for is the hp regen, because they gave that to Warmog's... then removed Warmog's from 3's.

Gadrel Amon

12-10-2012

Honestly, draft pick mode would solve all this. I'd ban Teemo/Darius/Singed every game.

Eloquid

12-11-2012

Everybody's sick of Teemo on every map and everybody's sick of Shadow Isle map, but Riot knows best what's fun for you.

MattyCash

12-11-2012

Teemo is so easy to counter.... Oracles are dirt cheap and magic resist stacked means shrooms do very little dmg. If you aren't counter building your opposition, you're doing it wrong.

Gadrel Amon

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyCash View Post
Teemo is so easy to counter.... Oracles are dirt cheap and magic resist stacked means shrooms do very little dmg. If you aren't counter building your opposition, you're doing it wrong.
And while I build nothing but magic resist to counter Teemo the two ad bruisers on his team with double black cleaver are wrecking me. But it's ok, I'm buying 250g oracles every time I die just so I can even think about going in a bush or the jungle. Because I didn't need that 2,000 gold over the course of a game I spent on oracles.

Just a little sarcasm there.

RoketPoweredFilo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadrel Amon View Post
And while I build nothing but magic resist to counter Teemo the two ad bruisers on his team with double black cleaver are wrecking me. But it's ok, I'm buying 250g oracles every time I die just so I can even think about going in a bush or the jungle. Because I didn't need that 2,000 gold over the course of a game I spent on oracles.

Just a little sarcasm there.

Sarcasm or not refusing to counter build, shows a lack of willingness to even try against team comps. This argument is so beaten into the ground, it's no longer even funny to read all the teemo QQ. Either progressively counter build, against the enemy team comp, or lose more games, it's kinda simple. Also think of all the easy teemo counters that are running around the Treeline right now.

Gadrel Amon

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilendra View Post
Sarcasm or not refusing to counter build, shows a lack of willingness to even try against team comps. This argument is so beaten into the ground, it's no longer even funny to read all the teemo QQ. Either progressively counter build, against the enemy team comp, or lose more games, it's kinda simple. Also think of all the easy teemo counters that are running around the Treeline right now.
Please share your abundant wisdom as to how to "progressively counter build" against a team comp of Teemo + 2 AD bruisers. If you focus on armor, one Teemo shroom chunks 1/3 of your life. If you focus on magic resist, you get melted by the bruisers. If you mix both, then you have a chance, but you have no damage for team fights.

Here's the biggest problem with trying to counter Teemo via item build: against other magic damage dealers you don't have to build MR, you can instead try to focus them down in a team fight. With Teemo, however, you never get that chance, because the moment you step into your jungle you're getting chunked by shrooms. If you try to gap close on Teemo, he lays a shroom and sprints away. If you run from Teemo, you hit another shroom, and get chunked again.

Teemo causes several imbalances on TT: he wards a map where you can't buy wards, he forces the opposing team to spend vast amounts on oracles, and he ignores positioning by dealing large amounts of magic damage from across the map. Furthermore, given the small size of the map, Teemo can easily shroom the entire jungle, rendering the entire jungle off limits for your team.

No other champion has the combination of map control and survivability that Teemo does on TT.

Redenbacher

12-13-2012

Isn't just about everything Teemo countered for an AD champion by QSS -> Mercurial Scimitar? MR mitigates the damage, while popping the active removes the DoTs, blind and slow, allowing you to stick to and massacre Teemo before his cooldowns come back up.

I haven't seen that item built once, and it looks so insanely powerful against champions like Teemo it blows my mind.

If that and Merc Treads are the only MR items you need, then... HP and Armor, ho!

RoketPoweredFilo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadrel Amon View Post
Please share your abundant wisdom as to how to "progressively counter build" against a team comp of Teemo + 2 AD bruisers. If you focus on armor, one Teemo shroom chunks 1/3 of your life. If you focus on magic resist, you get melted by the bruisers. If you mix both, then you have a chance, but you have no damage for team fights.

Here's the biggest problem with trying to counter Teemo via item build: against other magic damage dealers you don't have to build MR, you can instead try to focus them down in a team fight. With Teemo, however, you never get that chance, because the moment you step into your jungle you're getting chunked by shrooms. If you try to gap close on Teemo, he lays a shroom and sprints away. If you run from Teemo, you hit another shroom, and get chunked again.

Teemo causes several imbalances on TT: he wards a map where you can't buy wards, he forces the opposing team to spend vast amounts on oracles, and he ignores positioning by dealing large amounts of magic damage from across the map. Furthermore, given the small size of the map, Teemo can easily shroom the entire jungle, rendering the entire jungle off limits for your team.

No other champion has the combination of map control and survivability that Teemo does on TT.

Considering I play mainly Ap burst with hard cc, I gloss over mr buy an oracles and laugh at teemo.As to beating bruiser comps again Hard cc, + health.

My normal anti teemo bruiser build for zyra/morde/lux. bft, sorc shooes, cap, Rylai's, abyssal, sweeper. Not in that order, that depends on enemy builds also.

Another point, oracles, huge anti teemo item. Bruisers really aren't all that hard to play against you just need to stay away, outside of gap closer's (flash, or cap it when they decided to hit ya up). You have many ways to counter bruisers as an ap.

I find it amazing that having to buy an oracles is found to be bull, when playing against a champion that has stealth or abilities like teemo's/shaco.
Stating this is really an invalid argument on your part. This is a plain and amusing attempt at saying omg foul teemo op i need to buy x to counter y.

Teemo is not OP or imbalanced on this map, I do not even play him. I play against him and have fun with it. Funny I do not see 50 threads concerning darius/singed or the other supposed OP champs. People found ways to play around them and against the.

RoketPoweredFilo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Isn't just about everything Teemo countered for an AD champion by QSS -> Mercurial Scimitar? MR mitigates the damage, while popping the active removes the DoTs, blind and slow, allowing you to stick to and massacre Teemo before his cooldowns come back up.

I haven't seen that item built once, and it looks so insanely powerful against champions like Teemo it blows my mind.

If that and Merc Treads are the only MR items you need, then... HP and Armor, ho!
This sums it up nicely also.