Why are duos always bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bainemo

10-03-2010

Every single time I'm in a game where it's three solos and a duo, the duo is god-awful. They don't even have to lane together. They just always, always suck complete ass for no apparent reason. Can anyone think of an explanation? It's gotten to the point where if I see two people with near-identical names or they go "X and I lane" it's an insta-dodge, no questions asked.

Rotflcopter

10-03-2010

because they get their elo boosted and put into a bracket where they don't belong

Raidonko

10-03-2010

Odd. Maybe most duos don't even think about lane comp? Though you did say they didn't need to lane together. I almost always do fantastic if I have my favorite lane mate with me. You must just have bad luck.

T0DdL3RT1CkL3R

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2010

Because all the duo's you play with that are good don't tell you're they're together.

Bainemo

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotflcopter View Post
because they get their elo boosted and put into a bracket where they don't belong
That was my first instinct. If MM really inflates Elo THAT much, it needs to be toned down. I mean, when your mid is down in 10 minutes after feeding Malzahar, your Elo has got to be about half of everyone else's.

That or it's a troll from god. God likes to troll, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarganym View Post
Because all the duo's you play with that are good don't tell you're they're together.
That's also possible. Maybe it's just the LOLOOL I'M LANING WITH MY M8 kind of duo that's terrible. I wish there was a way to know who isn't solo.

Minutemade

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
I mean, when your mid is down in 10 minutes after feeding Malzahar, your Elo has got to be about half of everyone else's.
Or, the Malz was one a losing streak and got put in a bracket mush lower then he belonged. I've had games were I've been out played horribly, where even if i turret hugged they would somehow be able to kill me at my turret. (usually against morgana and vlad)

Im not a terrible mid, i last hit decently i harrass decently, and if i can get a turret kill by diving i do dive. But when some opponents can kill you that easily at your own turret, its honestly a pain since you cannot push out your lanes and you cant defend your turret properly.

whail

10-03-2010

Not all duos are bad,
duoing is how many of the top solo ladder people get up there with mediocre win-loss ratios