[Champion Concept] Helba The Master of Chaos

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

12-12-2012

Originally Posted by Moby the White
Helba Lore:

The faint scars of their battle are still present, little reminders of the man who placed her in this dark forsaken prison known as the void. Each scar telling its own story of a battle waged and lost against Dante the Darkslayer. Of course it had to be Dante that discovered her plans to release the void upon Valoran, who else would it be but her own apprentice? Helba...Helba...Helba...over and over she repeated her name, the one thing she vowed not to lose was her identity even if she lost her mind. She would not forget him, for it was only time before she found her way back to Valoran all she had to do was wait and wait she did.

Helba waited patiently at the gap that connected the void to Valoran, she knew that within time the greedy summoners of Valoran would reach once more into the void for power, attempting to summon some foreign creature to do their bidding in battle. And when they did she would escape and find Dante.

"I did not know what I unleashed..." That dead summoner guy...

I think he changed a few things mainly the quote just hope he caught that I misspelled foreign..oh cool they did

NobSaiboot

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprii View Post
The innate is quite powerful. I realize it only gains 5% of the MR drain as AP when 5 champions are around and a full 25% with only one champion around, if I understand correctly.
Not true. It's 5% per champion to a max of 25% when all five are within range. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
That is not what concerns me. What concerns me is that everyone starts with 30 mr, right? And Fiddle decreases enemy MR by 10. That's it. At level 1, that is about 33% of enemy MR, less than what Helba drains, and he doesn't gain AP from it. At level 18, 10 is waaaaaaay less than 35% of enemy MR, since melee units gain a bit and most people buy MR items. It is ok for Helba's passive to be more powerful than Fiddle's passive at level 18, as long as it is weaker at level 1. I would suggest a 10% MR drain, and gaining 50% of that as MR (from a single champion, or 10% from 5 each) to make it more balanced.
Anyway, it's a super cool idea, despite my critique on the specific balancing. Sorta like the opposite of Galio, making Helba more powerful against MR stackers, conversely.
Alright. That makes sense. Although I prefer it to be giving extra AP rather then extra MR

Quote:
Q: A V is an interesting shape for a basic attack modifier. Any particular reason for it?
I love the Megaman Battle Network Series. One of the Navi's in Battle Network 6 had a move that was a "V" shaped slash so...Why the hell not.

Quote:
The numbers seem quite balanced to me, considering the cooldown, but the cost is high. Nasus has a basic attack modifier with comparable cooldowns and stacking, and it has a cost of 20/25/30/35/40.
Duly noted.

Quote:
W: This is also a solid ability. The AP ratio is highly pushed over to the DoT side of the ability, which may be a slight disincentive for building too much AP beyond a Rylai's and some tanky-ish AP stuff on Helba. 6 seconds is a long time, and Singed deals 210(+90% AP) over 3 seconds and Teemo deals something (+80% AP) over 4 seconds. Most of Teemo's AP is stacked over towards the immediate side of the damage, not the over time side, too. What I'm saying is that I think that 6 seconds is too long of a time, and reduces the effectiveness of this ability, making it slightly underpowered. Sure, Rylai's on this will be a *****, but the damage is so spread out. Maybe only 4 seconds? Anyway, I can't prove what I'm saying outright, so it's your choice.
Now that you bring it up, 6 seconds is a long time. Malzahar easily has the best DoT and it's only 4 seconds. I'll definitely shorten it a bit.

Quote:
E: Well, this is a lot like Cho'gath's rupture, except with a longer cooldown and less of an AP ratio. Oh, and I'm assuming it has no delay, unlike Cho'gath's, which has a .5 second delay or something like that. If there is no delay, it is ok for this to have a smaller AP ratio than Cho'gath's, because it would take less skill to hit and reward crowd control more consistently. However, this has high base damage at level 1. Cho'gath's starts at 80 and ends at 305, I think. 100 is a huge amount of damage, coupled with a knock up. It would make Helba an early game terror.
Very good eye. I did want to make it somewhat like Cho'gath's knock-up but with less of an AoE, faster attack, and slightly more damaging. But you're right base damage at lvl1 is fairly high.

Quote:
R: This is a long channel and a super powerful skill. The reward is ridiculously high, as well, with a 5 second fear. This sounds so difficult to get off that I think there might be one successful ult every other game, and probably only if Helba built tanky and the enemy had no real cc. That's underpowered. However, when Helba did get it off, the enemy would automatically die because Helba could do whatever she wanted while they all ran around for 5 seconds straight. That's overpowered. This combination of super over and underpowered parts makes the ability quite unbalanced. It's a cool sounding skill, the AoE fear on transformation makes it sound really awesome, like a cooler version of Shyvana's ult. To make this viable, my suggestion is to tone down the channel to about 1 or 2 seconds, then tone down the fear to 1/1.5/2 seconds as well as the range to 650 units, and reduce the base damage a bit while increasing the AP ratio to 100%. You can also reduce the cooldown. I guess you wanted this ability to be super powerful and super hard use, but League of Legends is about balance. Play DoTA for a little while and you'll see why. That's why everyone has damage and cooldowns and ranges in the same area, for the most part.
You should've seen the last ultimate she had...More or less the AP equivalent of Caitlyn's Ult which would be OP as f*ck because it's so much more easier to stack AP as a APC then it is for an ADC to stack AD and still be viable. But all of those changes you suggested are warranted and needed.

Quote:
Anyway, solid champion, all of her abilities are conceptually sound and interesting. The numbers may need some more balancing, but I do like Helba overall. The lore is also interesting, if short, and it's cool how it connects to your other champion. Good job.
Don't look at me...All I did was Copypasta'd Moby the White's lore he/she made. But I'm glad you like her and took the time to read. ^^

Moby the White

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoshell17 View Post

Don't look at me...All I did was Copypasta'd Moby the White's lore he/she made. But I'm glad you like her and took the time to read. ^^
I'm a guy just for sake of argument

NobSaiboot

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
I think he changed a few things mainly the quote just hope he caught that I misspelled foreign..oh cool they did
I did. The thing at the end kinda made her feel slightly Saturday morning cartoon villain. ( No offense I hope. D: )

Also gender was kinda unknown...Never really asked :3

Moby the White

12-12-2012

ps cryo its 1030 there how much longer will you be online?

NobSaiboot

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
ps cryo its 1030 there how much longer will you be online?
Correction it's 0930...Until 1100 so...Whatdoyaneed?

Moby the White

12-12-2012

O.o oh thats right you are central mountain not central time... I was just wondering becuase I get bored autorefreshing this page and was hoping to for some life for a while

you should make an index so I can review all your stuff one day...but not tonight xD

sidebar have you seen my new creation I had some fun with that one. XD

NobSaiboot

12-12-2012

That's the thing...I don't really plan on making more champions yet and theirs no need for an Index yet because I only have two. :3

I'll definitely take a look at it.

Moby the White

12-12-2012

Quote:
I did. The thing at the end kinda made her feel slightly Saturday morning cartoon villain. ( No offense I hope. D: )

Also gender was kinda unknown...Never really asked :3
not offended i suck at quotes

Moby the White

12-12-2012

Quote:
That's the thing...I don't really plan on making more champions yet and theirs no need for an Index yet because I only have two. :3

I'll definitely take a look at it.
oh...

welllllll thennnn

1234567 ... 9