Yenta, The Soul Chef

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Richek

12-12-2012

No other comments?

Pumpkin Raven

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richek View Post
Thanks a ton! I thought the personality was something rather lacking in the current champions, and I feel her potential role of AP tank/support is sorta under represented right now. Alistair is all I can really think of, actually.

For her speed and base health, I actually intentionally nerfed those due to her passive. The increased health/mana regen would sorta unbalance her if she started in a higher base health, especially because creep kills are easy to pick up, even as a support. Speed might deserve a buff, but I wanted her to have a distinct disadvantage in that regard owing to her age as well as the fact that she has slowing abilities.
Oh, ok that explans bunches. But what about help for a League of Legends Judgement? Need help with it?

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

First glance, I thought I might like this champion.

I really like your approach to the theme and I think it's a really fun idea, but the skill set is pretty much a mix-and-match of other pre-existing skills with no new ideas.

I like how you tried to tie in a passive to her other skills. The idea is a bit clunky with the way you have it work but it gives your champion that bit of uniqueness that I like to see. The only problem is that this puts reliance on farming minions in order to perform optimally.

Q - it works, but it's pretty generic.
W - decent slow with spice and some damage, but utility will depend on the range of the skill.
E - can be used for zoning or buffing allies, alright. balance depends on size, duration, and damage of the cloud. With regards to the stun, Viktor's AoE stun only takes 1.5 seconds to stun whereas yours takes 3. His also slows so that enemies have a harder time running away, but yours only deals damage. As far as the buff goes, why force your allies to stay inside in order to get the full heal? Speed buff is pretty similar to Orianna's W.
R - Buffing damage on your team and increasing damage taken by enemies is pretty much the same thing, and is very one-dimensional and stale. Try to mix up the buffs/debuffs.

Her skillset doesn't lend itself to tanking at all. If you wanted her to be something like Alistar as far as tanky/support goes, remember that you need to have hard cc and durability in your skillset. Right now, you are going for damage with a little utility and added damage with more spice. Things just aren't fitting together for a clear role. It's leaning towards melee support without the control that a melee support brings. Leona/Alistar have lots of hard cc and mobility with less on the buff support side. They focus more on control and survival than on adding to your damage. Not to mention that you need spice in order to get your control. Again, this all depends on the specifics of your E. but she's still lacking a tanky steroid that melee supports usually have

I like your theme but hate the skills as far as innovation goes. It works to an extent but it just seems meh gameplay-wise

Richek

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
First glance, I thought I might like this champion.

I really like your approach to the theme and I think it's a really fun idea, but the skill set is pretty much a mix-and-match of other pre-existing skills with no new ideas.

I like how you tried to tie in a passive to her other skills. The idea is a bit clunky with the way you have it work but it gives your champion that bit of uniqueness that I like to see. The only problem is that this puts reliance on farming minions in order to perform optimally.

Q - it works, but it's pretty generic.
W - decent slow with spice and some damage, but utility will depend on the range of the skill.
E - can be used for zoning or buffing allies, alright. balance depends on size, duration, and damage of the cloud. With regards to the stun, Viktor's AoE stun only takes 1.5 seconds to stun whereas yours takes 3. His also slows so that enemies have a harder time running away, but yours only deals damage. As far as the buff goes, why force your allies to stay inside in order to get the full heal? Speed buff is pretty similar to Orianna's W.
R - Buffing damage on your team and increasing damage taken by enemies is pretty much the same thing, and is very one-dimensional and stale. Try to mix up the buffs/debuffs.

Her skillset doesn't lend itself to tanking at all. If you wanted her to be something like Alistar as far as tanky/support goes, remember that you need to have hard cc and durability in your skillset. Right now, you are going for damage with a little utility and added damage with more spice. Things just aren't fitting together for a clear role. It's leaning towards melee support without the control that a melee support brings. Leona/Alistar have lots of hard cc and mobility with less on the buff support side. They focus more on control and survival than on adding to your damage. Not to mention that you need spice in order to get your control. Again, this all depends on the specifics of your E. but she's still lacking a tanky steroid that melee supports usually have

I like your theme but hate the skills as far as innovation goes. It works to an extent but it just seems meh gameplay-wise

This is exactly the type of input I was hoping for! I'll spend a bit of time working out the abilities using your suggestions and get back to you. Thanks a ton, man.

Conchair

12-13-2012

I think that this is a great concept overall. You don't really see this sort of champ, and I think it would be something really fun to see/play as.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
Well you have to start a proper meal with hors d'œuvres afterall.

Pumpkin Raven

12-16-2012

who else here thinks she should talk in a slightly raspy (stereiotypical) swedish accent (could maybe be german too)?

OhSadface

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Raven View Post
who else here thinks she should talk in a slightly raspy (stereiotypical) swedish accent (could maybe be german too)?
I could see that, or even like the Yiddish sort of accent even.

Clayton Tallman

09-01-2013

Like the reference there with the jokes.

Clayton Tallman

09-01-2013

Also I'm surprised there isn't a "You so skinny" quote in there somewhere. I mean the concept just demands it.