Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sol Badguy

12-12-2012

Yo Hippalus, I've got one for you. I kind of take issue with a specific line in this post and feel It's inappropriate- But I want your input on it.

"You need to purchase any skins, champions, or RP that you plan on giving away: we know that you might have some items in your inventory that you’re not using that frequently, but re-gifting is only classy when Amumu does it"

At first glance, this line appears holiday themed and harmless, but underneath It's... Really biting and insulting. I pinged some friends in a few communities and all of them found it really... distasteful. With all the talk about gifting old LE skins to friends and stuff recently, did you guys really need to phrase it like that? It makes it sound like you're purposefully biting at people that want to gift LE skins and stuff like that. You could have approached it from a technical or logistical viewpoint, but you guys kind of approached in a really... less than classy way, it feels like.

Can you maybe allay some of those fears that that was a specifically targeted comment?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

12-12-2012
10 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyCentaur View Post
Hip, could you please comment on if there will be any sale during the Christmas season?

Last year, during Snowdown Showdown, there was a "buy one, get one 50% all Snowdown Snowdown skins"- but this was only done for a period of time after the skins were released.

Regardless to say, I felt like I got ripped off for buying the skins early and being a loyal fan as opposed to waiting, and obviously this year I want to wait for the sales.
None of the Snowdown skins will be going on sale. There may be a surprise or two but nothing that could cause the problem you experienced last year.

Muyami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

What if someone is not online to receive the gift? And the gift is sent twice? What happens then?

LiveSyndicatE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If the holiday gifting feature is well received by players and does not become too tempting of a target for fraud and hackers, it will be brought back in early 2013, with improvements based on player feedback. Eventually we'd like it to be a permanent feature.
any plans on making trading limited skins possible in this? If does it plan on being featured with the release in 2013 or implimented later? Or do u not know if so please find out i want to know.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

12-12-2012
11 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Badguy View Post
Yo Hippalus, I've got one for you. I kind of take issue with a specific line in this post and feel It's inappropriate- But I want your input on it.

"You need to purchase any skins, champions, or RP that you plan on giving away: we know that you might have some items in your inventory that you’re not using that frequently, but re-gifting is only classy when Amumu does it"

At first glance, this line appears holiday themed and harmless, but underneath It's... Really biting and insulting. I pinged some friends in a few communities and all of them found it really... distasteful. With all the talk about gifting old LE skins to friends and stuff recently, did you guys really need to phrase it like that? It makes it sound like you're purposefully biting at people that want to gift LE skins and stuff like that. You could have approached it from a technical or logistical viewpoint, but you guys kind of approached in a really... less than classy way, it feels like.

Can you maybe allay some of those fears that that was a specifically targeted comment?
No that was just a holiday themed joke that one of our trusty Wrioters came up with. I have nothing buy sympathy for those who want to gift, trade or acquire limited edition skins.

ZeldaOLOgist

12-12-2012

eh. i agree with Et?rnal Demon, its just another way to make more money. and its not a trading system in which the majority of the community has been asking for. its a usefull feature i admit but its not what people have been asking for. to trade skin for skins or a champion for a champion kinda thing. i dont see why a feature like that could hurt anyone.

FrankyCentaur

12-12-2012

Quote:
None of the Snowdown skins will be going on sale. There may be a surprise or two but nothing that could cause the problem you experienced last year.
Thank you very much for responding- now I don't need to be worried when I buy the skins

d Sky

12-12-2012

Hey Hippalus, Can you gift 50% half off champions/skins?

Sol Badguy

12-12-2012

Quote:
No that was just a holiday themed joke that one of our trusty Wrioters came up with. I have nothing buy sympathy for those who want to gift, trade or acquire limited edition skins.
I'm glad about that-- Maybe It's being read into just a little too deeply. I do think another joke could have been gone with, given the context of the forums recently on this subject. But It's good to hear that you're still committed to getting that aspect solved. Good on you

FrankyCentaur

12-12-2012

Ah, one more question similar to my last- will there be any special "Buy x amount of RP, get extra free RP" for the holidays type deal?