My Lesbian Friend part 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mista Jangles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taria05 View Post
there's gotta be something that makes you feel down
In my life, no, because I don't make a big deal about anything really.

Quision

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomine View Post
A month ago I posted about my friend, Alex, who is a lesbian with a lot of baggage. Today I was on Facebook and saw that she had broken up with her partner. I was confused, as one might expect because I visited with them a couple weeks ago and all seemed fine.

But tonight I messaged Alex on Facebook and asked her what is wrong. She told me her story. Her partner found out that she had slept with one of her coworkers, which is a guy, and that she was extremely guilty about it.

It seems that I was right, as well as most of the community, that she is bi and not lesbian. She is also going to be moving back to my hometown to most likely live with either her grandmother or her aunt and uncle. By the way things look I'll have her back in my life again, and though we probably won't establish a relationship, I'm thankful that I'll at least be able to see her more often.

It stinks that her relationship ended, and that she is having to leave behind a baby girl that she helped raise. I'm sure all will work out in the end. I really hope that it does, because seeing her in pain brings me pain. Seeing others in pain brings me pain.

OT, other than telling her that I'm here for her (which hasn't worked yet), what can I do to comfort her?
Help her get her life back on track if she's having a problem with that.

Mista Jangles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeppaNil View Post
Help her get her life back on track if she's having a problem with that.
There won't be much that I can do for that. I'm still in school a couple hours away from home. I can give her the push that she needs to get by... Help her work towards getting her GED, getting a license, and even helping her find a job. I just don't know of much else that I can do.

Semper Damnatus

12-12-2012

Talk to her, and see what you can do, straight up just tell her what she needs from you, with what you can do in your current status, telling this, should help her not feel shy about talking to you about other things in the future.

Mista Jangles

12-12-2012

I'm not worried about her being shy with me. I'm the only guy that she trusts.

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
pump and dump
best advice in this thread so far

Gazzi

12-12-2012

I didn't see the original thread you're referring to, but odds are if she is this far in her life and stuff continues to be one tragedy after another, you're not going to change anything.

it's very appealing to some people to find someone with problems, or "baggage" as you refer to it, and help them get out of their funk to be a functioning member of society. however, unless she wants to change the way things are going herself, you're not going to be able to do anything and it will prove to be a futile effort that consumes a great amount of your time.

Semper Damnatus

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzi View Post
I didn't see the original thread you're referring to, but odds are if she is this far in her life and stuff continues to be one tragedy after another, you're not going to change anything.

it's very appealing to some people to find someone with problems, or "baggage" as you refer to it, and help them get out of their funk to be a functioning member of society. however, unless she wants to change the way things are going herself, you're not going to be able to do anything and it will prove to be a futile effort that consumes a great amount of your time.
You underestimate the power of human mentality, you can crumble the most happiest of people, and bring up the ones that are completely lost, given the information you know about them, their needs, fears, what they want, were they wanna go, it is not that hard.

People are very easy to change, if your given the chance too.

Mista Jangles

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFedeles View Post
You underestimate the power of human mentality, you can crumble the most happiest of people, and bring up the ones that are completely lost, given the information you know about them, their needs, fears, what they want, were they wanna go, it is not that hard.

People are very easy to change, if your given the chance too.
A million times this. I used to be super depressed and suicidal and now I'm someone who loves life and tries to make the most of every opportunity. I'm hoping that my friend's recent breakup does something huge in her life that will push her in the right direction. I feel, however, the one of the best things I can do for her right now is let her fall so I can help her pick herself back up. I had to watch one of my best friends hit rock bottom before I could do anything of significance for him.