Worse with Practice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fifth Scheme

12-12-2012

Usually when there are 7+ attacking one target it's pretty hard. I wouldn't worry about letting those go, just try your best to time your shot or ability as the first couple minion hits land.

In general, you don't want to attack the minions that are being attacked by your wave. What you want to do is soften up the ones that are full health and use your AOE ability to clear. When a siege minion is there, the same principle applies. Attack full health, unfocused minions while the others are getting whittled down, then switch targets. It's pretty easy to predict siege minion damage.

What you don't want to do when a siege minion is present is just stand around and wait for a minion to get low enough for you to last hit. What happens then is one minion is usually focused by your wave at a time. If you break up their focus they will be more likely to do a one-on-one thing and make your job easier.

Also, I'm not sure if you know, but you can lead the enemy minion wave to push your wave harder. What you do is run ahead of your wave. As the enemy wave approaches, you draw their aggro first, then "drag" the wave horizontally into a bush or just out of aggro range. What happens is their minion wave will bunch up and then refocus their aggro on just one of your minions. This makes it so their waves pushes yours and you don't have to push lane.

Finally, if you aren't going back to buy as you would and *SHOULD* do in a real game, you are not achieving realistic CS scores. Higher AD damage from early doran's blade and vamp scepter purchases make last hitting so much easier. Go buy.

Ronyk

12-12-2012

I know that minions get tougher as the game progresses. This may not be an issue since you've been only playing for 10 minutes at a time, but it does bring up a question from me.

At what points do the stats on minions increase?

On a related note: I know that the new jungle creeps become tougher and generate more gold at roughly the seven minute mark.

TehJackAttack

12-12-2012

BadPlayer6 has it right. I find often that consistent practicing will not yield the results you want until you've had some time to absorb the information into your subconscious.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

One sec, too many responses at once! D:

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJackAttack View Post
BadPlayer6 has it right. I find often that consistent practicing will not yield the results you want until you've had some time to absorb the information into your subconscious.
My most played roles are Support and ADC. I've been trying to last hit since April. I don't see what I am doing differently in comparison to what I've been doing all along.

As for what I haven't been doing... is trying to plan ahead when the siege minion is attacking a different target than all the other minions. The siege minion seems to focus down the other minions so quickly I don't act fast enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronyk View Post
At what points do the stats on minions increase?
Every 3 minutes after the first spawn I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPlayer6 View Post
When you have a ton of caster minions attacking the same target, and the target has enough health that 1 of your autos won't kill it but one more round of caster minion attacks will, I just try to attack it so that my attack hits it right in the middle of the caster minion attacks (the exact timing depends on the individual champ's aa animation speed and aa projectile speed). It works more often than not, at least for me.
I'll have to give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
If you want, I can add / spectate you to see exactly how you're doing.
I'm working with someone (in-game) at the moment, but thanks for the offer. I'll consider it if I can't work things out.

@tawfvxfve (because your response is long) Each bullet is a response to the corresponding paragraph.
- Issues with minions hitting at exactly the same time. If the shots are partitioned then I can usually estimate how much each will do.
-If I'm not attacking the ones being focused by my wave, wouldn't that mean I am pushing?
-How do you break allied minion focus?
-I never knew this, I'll have to try it out!
-No comment.

Guy on a bus

12-12-2012

Ethri, best way to do this is to have someone else there with you on the other side practicing last hitting as well. After all, if you are killing minions at about the same rate, you won't get a massive wave of minions to contend with. I will help with this if you need it.

EDIT1: Yes, you don't want to push, ignore what tawfvxfve said. Here is a bit of advice=> There are numbers that pop up when you hit a minion, if you can see how much damage you are doing, then try to visualize what percentage you will actually take. That helps me..

Ethri

12-12-2012

I think I probably am getting thrown off when the minions get stronger too. All of a sudden I tend to miss almost an entire wave.

I'll be on later, so I'll see if you're on.

Guy on a bus

12-12-2012

I'll be on for the next 8-16 hours depending on how tired I am when I hit 8 hours. =3 Practicing elise jungle atm

Møgget

12-12-2012

For me, it doesn't matter that much how much damage my auto-attacks deal (I can last-hit fairly with Karthus' auto-attack). For me, it's about patience, estimation, and focus. Here are some things to consider when you are trying to farm (these may be obvious to you):

1) Pay attention to how much the minions' health bars drop when you AA (auto-attack) them.
2) Wait as long as you can to AA. The best time to AA is when the minion has a tiny sliver of health left.
3) If you are playing a melee champion, keep in mind unit collision. If you have your eye on a minion you are planning to last hit, then stay near it. You don't want to bump into other minions when you are trying to go in for the AA.
4) Pay attention to how many of your minions are attacking the enemy minion. How much is the enemy minion's health bar dropping? Sometimes, if there are 4-5 allied minions attacking one enemy minion, you will need to attack after 1-3 allied attacks and before another 1-3. Attack between allied minions can be tricky, because your AAs move faster than minions' AAs do.

That said, I'm still learning to farm better. Right now I average about 160 CS per game. I spend a lot of time killing enemy champions, though, so my CS could be higher if I focused more on just farming.

SISTAR Ahri

12-12-2012

If you have multiple minions dying at the same time, don't be afraid to use an ability like an Ezreal mystic shot or Ashe volley to get some cs. I like using abilities on the big siege minions in order to ensure I get the last hit. That thing is worth a lot of gold and whenever I miss it I feel terrible XD.