Fitting room mirrors

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
38 inch waist? Earth?
ftfy

ThaBizness

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2051 View Post
This is a solution, yes.

Another solution is to buy clothing that fits in the first place, granted that's not necessarily something one would find at a large chain department store like macy's or JC penny.

The only thing I have had to get tailored in a long time are jeans and it's because I have a 38 inch waist and a 34 leg, whereas most 38/40 waists come in 36/38 leg.
Getting clothing that fits in the first place is extremely difficult and you have to be sort of lucky.

Most of off the rack stuff will never fit you perfect. In fact you could buy two pairs of jeans that are the same size on the tag but are actually two different sizes.

Also most people don't actually know what fits them. Things are always too loose or too tight on them. Clothes off the rack aren't supposed to fit individual people. Thats why you take your measurements at your tailor, they save them, and you have the store send them to him.

Gazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

size difference does not seem to be an issue, I feel like my skin looks worse under fitting room lighting though [i.e., that ****ty fluorescent lighting].

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
38 inch waist? What on earth..

fat guy.

c4lm

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBizness View Post
Getting clothing that fits in the first place is extremely difficult and you have to be sort of lucky.
This is kind of true. It depends on the fit. Straight legged jeans or slim fit jeans generally fit nice. Because I'm a 32 inch waist and 34 inch length, I've never had problems.

Of course you should always have dress shirts/pants tailored.

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
This is kind of true. It depends on the fit. Straight legged jeans or slim fit jeans generally fit nice. Because I'm a 32 inch waist and 34 inch length, I've never had problems.

Of course you should always have dress shirts/pants tailored.
that's only for rich people

CatchandKiss

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpartner View Post
If you don't care how you look when you're dressed your best dress shirts then that is why you're poor.

c4lm

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpartner View Post
No it's not... It's for competently dressed people.

FattyMcBacon

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity Flowers View Post
Is it just me or do mirrors in fitting rooms make a person look fatter? You would think that they'd equip mirrors that make you look thinner to sell clothes but I swear I ALWAYS look fatter in dressing room mirrors at big stores like JC Penny or Kohls...

Just me?
I know what you mean. I always try to avoid looking at the dressing room mirror. Maybe its the lighting.

Yummy Blueberry

12-12-2012

Yah mirrors make your ass look fat.